RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cat

Super Rugby Final

Who wins?

Crusaders will IMO because of two men,Carter and McCaw. While both are obviously aging and below their ultimate best,it is the experience during the week on the training field that will give them an edge. The Tahs don't have two players with over 200 test matches between them...

While Blackadder will be in the coaches box,the Saders effectively have two extra 'coaches' on the field directing play and absorbing the heat. You can bet your house that Carter and McCaw would of had plenty to say this week and leading up to and including game time.

Crusaders by 12

most idoit :blink: paste ever.

all yawnion people :wacko: know crusaders will cheat and slow down, fall down, lay down, anythings to stop an open game.

cheat mcgaw always proven doing these things.

cant wait for overated nancy boy crater to get smashed by super hooper.

boris and zelda will be cheering the treble, egelstein, sharks, waratahs.

lump on and drink swamp water or kiwi fruits punch :wub: later

good luck eric :o

most idoit :blink: paste ever.

all yawnion people :wacko: know crusaders will cheat and slow down, fall down, lay down, anythings to stop an open game.

cheat mcgaw always proven doing these things.

cant wait for overated nancy boy crater to get smashed by super hooper.

boris and zelda will be cheering the treble, egelstein, sharks, waratahs.

lump on and drink swamp water or kiwi fruits punch :wub: later

good luck eric :o

Maybes you should try a trifecta with Vulger and The Cleaner, then maybe take the Multi a bit further and punt on how many aussies will be sent home from the Games.

The closing ceremony ,kilts and Scots Wisky may not mix so well.

Plus a few bucks on Nadola to score a try !!!

Crusaders by 8.

What no comment about this game by Portfolio or Porky about those Crusaders on this topic?

Not like them to be missing in action to have there two cents worth.

Or for that matter others from Crusaders territory.

lmao

"super" ? ............ rugby

what about these betting agencies operating on this game missing some golden opportunities, iv'e scoured the world wide web and no one is betting on how many collapscsed scrums, kicks in general play, or mcacaw transgrescsions ...

wonder why ?

you are 100% correct zelda, the sheep shearers will do everything possible to turn it into a bore a thon

thank God for israel folau , kutley beale and a coach that wants to run the ball.

imagine if the unthinkable happened.

Any ideas on what the last penalty was for.Had a couple of looks and still escapes me.

Ref was two feet away so I suppose he saw more than me.

Home scstown descsion

Haha Memphis,

Plenty of would of ,could of and should of moments in exciting match.

Great crowd , Sydney peoples love rugby more and more .

The punters were on to it.....Tahs were favs.

Cheers

A big congrats to the Waratahs.

A big finger to the the supposedly impartialJustin Marshall,Ian SmithWynne Gray and all the other NZ Rugby and Crusader sycophants.

Not the best game of rugby i have seen but a great result for all Kiwi's who are sick of sycophantic behavior by our so called impartial media.

GO THE TAHS

Any ideas on what the last penalty was for.Had a couple of looks and still escapes me.

Home scstown descsion

any ideas why the mature age mutant ninja turtle got a try when he was in touch? no ?

cheater mggaw :angry: caught out again

lucky for new zaeland that crater had an ingrowing toe nail issue or it would have been nine people yanion all night.

it$ a beautyful day

i love all martingales :wub: and the waratahs :wub:

You can't win when you play "dumb footy".     In the last 3 mins Crusaders won the ball twice and on both occasions kicked away possession.    When you just ahead surely you would treasure the ball because as we all know you can't score without the pill.   It seems to be an obsession of NZ teams that first option is to kick.     Surely they must realise that under today's rules you cant tackle the receiver in the air so he has a relatively easy chance of turning over possession.      Sure, the kick is an option but I do feel that NZ teams use it as the first option rather than a variation.

You can't win when you play "dumb footy".     In the last 3 mins Crusaders won the ball twice and on both occasions kicked away possession.    When you just ahead surely you would treasure the ball because as we all know you can't score without the pill.   It seems to be an obsession of NZ teams that first option is to kick.     Surely they must realise that under today's rules you cant tackle the receiver in the air so he has a relatively easy chance of turning over possession.      Sure, the kick is an option but I do feel that NZ teams use it as the first option rather than a variation.

Spot on eljay.When I first returned from malaysia I stayed with my brother for 6 months and we would watch rugby and I would continually grumble about someone kicking the ball away.at christmas he brought me a tee shirt that says Dont kick the bloody ball.The Waratahs played the best rugby and deserved to win.Crusaders somehow hung in there and probably would have won had they  hung on to the ball with 3 mins to go.The crusaders looked like a bunch of primary school boys who had been sent to the corner for being naughty after the game and when they went up to collect their runner up medals I was embarassed to be a kiwi

A game fitting of a final. Loved the awkward handshake between Daryl Gibson and Todd Blackadder.

Certainly a game of 'what ifs' for NZ and Crusader fans. What if the last kick dropped short...?

Agreed re: Brainless kicking. Willie Heinz will be having nightmares. Congrats Waratahs on securing their first Super Rugby win.

Now for the real deal in 2 weeks time :)

Home scstown descsion

The penalty was for incorrect entry to the ruck. Referee Joubert deemed McCaw not to be the tackler, so he then needs to retreat behind the ruck and come in "through the gate".

The problem with Joubert's ruling is that McCaw was in fact the tackler and, as such, had full rights to contest the ball.

No matter what McCaw had done earlier in the game, that particular penalty was incorrect.

My take on it would be that, if you are going to award a penalty, in a 2 point ball game, with 2 mins to go, then you need to be absolutely certain that it is a penalty.

The penalty was for incorrect entry to the ruck. Referee Joubert deemed McCaw not to be the tackler, so he then needs to retreat behind the ruck and come in "through the gate".

The problem with Joubert's ruling is that McCaw was in fact the tackler and, as such, had full rights to contest the ball.

No matter what McCaw had done earlier in the game, that particular penalty was incorrect.

My take on it would be that, if you are going to award a penalty, in a 2 point ball game, with 2 mins to go, then you need to be absolutely certain that it is a penalty.

McCaw was not the tackler.The guy running at him fell over so technically McCaw was not the tackler ,hence the decision .

McCaw was not the tackler.The guy running at him fell over so technically McCaw was not the tackler ,hence the decision .

Either way it was both a 'bad' decision and an 'incorrect' one.

If the guy voluntarily went to ground then he had to release immediately ,if not, he was playing the ball on the ground .If no tackle then until a ruck formed it is general play and there can be no offside in general play.

The rules are designed so the game is played by people on their feet.

If it was a 50/50 call it should have gone the other way.

Joubert is regarded as the best ref in world , maybe ,but he ignores players on the ground playing the ball long after their rights have gone and they are out of the action...including supporting players leaving their feet.

But its in the book now so who cares ??

Well it will affect my life because I will not have my Cantab supporting mates crowing about it for the next 9 months. So that's a good thing. Plus the NSW victory should provide Super rugby with a far bigger boost than it would have got should boring old Canterbury have won.

But that is not the point. Debate needs to continue because we don't want Ref's deciding Grand Finals.

Refs can find a penalty for either team, at any ruck, if they of a mind too. He could have just as easily penalised the Warratah. "Player on the ground must either get up, pass or release the ball" says the rules. That fellow did none of those. He turned his body and moved a metre off to the side. "Penalty Red"

In such circumstances, we need Refs to be certain and preferably just put the whistle away. Just as Ref Joubert decided to do in the final three rucks, each of which NSW sealed off, by goin off their feet, in fine Southland style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeAokt5rdes Go to the 4.10 mark,Pause and rewind,pause and rewind and pause and rewind again!

Tough decision. The Waratah player went off his feet before McCaw,McCaw attacked the ball on a slight angle but still inside the 'gate' (determined by the tackled players width) . Could have gone either way. In a game of this magnitude with 2 points in it..?? Let it go ref,let it go..