RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

Sozens comet

What a surprise, another one of our LP candidates John McInerney shows his integrity and scratches 2 dogs today to let Sozins Comet in today to ensure he stays ahead in the Sprinter of he year points category, was always going to happen as soon as the fields came out, you can bet the scratched dogs will only get 5 days, if the stipes had any balls they would go out with a vet and get them checked over and see if they are genuine or not, I think everyone knows the answer to that.

Can sense a bit of jealousy in your post...These are the sort of postings that indicate to the public eye how grown our sport really is. We haven't. Instead of going to the races to race dogs and get along, we sit behind our computers writing bullshit and squabble with each other at the track. WhoKnows, you write that post as if you have a sprinter going for the same award...

Whether he did or didn't scratch them to ensure Sozin's Comet gets a start, just shut up and carry on. It may have been in the best interest of the two scratched runners. There are no certainties in racing remember. Sozin's Comet has been a little disappointing recently so I wouldn't be holding my breath...

Can sense a bit of jealousy in your post...These are the sort of postings that indicate to the public eye how grown our sport really is. We haven't. Instead of going to the races to race dogs and get along, we sit behind our computers writing bullshit and squabble with each other at the track. WhoKnows, you write that post as if you have a sprinter going for the same award...

Whether he did or didn't scratch them to ensure Sozin's Comet gets a start, just shut up and carry on. It may have been in the best interest of the two scratched runners. There are no certainties in racing remember. Sozin's Comet has been a little disappointing recently so I wouldn't be holding my breath...

i suppose your right howrude we really shouldnt worry about it hey as long as its ok to do it why not,,,    yeah sure

Can sense a bit of jealousy in your post...These are the sort of postings that indicate to the public eye how grown our sport really is. We haven't. Instead of going to the races to race dogs and get along, we sit behind our computers writing bullshit and squabble with each other at the track. WhoKnows, you write that post as if you have a sprinter going for the same award... Whether he did or didn't scratch them to ensure Sozin's Comet gets a start, just shut up and carry on. It may have been in the best interest of the two scratched runners. There are no certainties in racing remember. Sozin's Comet has been a little disappointing recently so I wouldn't be holding my breath...

It also indicates how unprofessional it is when this sort of thing happens all the time, I wouldn't like to own a dog that is scratched just so the trainer can get a better chance in the field, I'd like to think the stipes will at least ask the question, but doubt it as our so called leading trainer seems to be able to do anything he wants with no consequences , I just don't think it is a good look.

Although Paul Freeman did do a similar thing up here on Sunday, late scratching Popsome Tags from box 1 to ensure Bright Star didn't get a start off the ballot, giving Run Stacy Run (lleading the Sprinter of the year) one less dog to beat, at least the stipes asked the question on that occasion

Trainers will always take advantage,of rules that aren't set in stone! Granted it's not a good look,but that's always going to happen with a weak governing body? This will continue until a precedent is made,until then trainers will keep shifting the goal posts! Who can blame them

It's not the trainers who are at fault,they have to eat too.Until something prevails all & sundry should be given the benefit of the doubt?

Besides this thread has taken away some of the gloss from a sensational win today by Sozin's Comet.

Obviously he's been going through some issues of late,but the real flying machine turned up there today! When this dogs fit & healthy & on song,as was evident today with a first time run there of 18.30 (for this time of the year simply low flying) recording the fastest time there for 2014.I'm sure most enthusiasts of our industry would agree,a worthy candidate for NZ Sprinter Of The Year!

His record speaks for itself,he's raced & beaten the best on both Isle's,throw in a Group 2 unbeaten during the series culminating in ten wins in a row.But then again I maybe at fault?As that governing body couldn't be wrong again,after all there must be doubt if you don't win Greyhound Of The Month?

It's my opinion! Our industry needs some leadership from the top down,at the end of the day the buck stops with the NZGRA!

Trainers will always take advantage,of rules that aren't set in stone! Granted it's not a good look,but that's always going to happen with a weak governing body? This will continue until a precedent is made,until then trainers will keep shifting the goal posts! Who can blame them

It's not the trainers who are at fault,they have to eat too.Until something prevails all & sundry should be given the benefit of the doubt?

Besides this thread has taken away some of the gloss from a sensational win today by Sozin's Comet.

Obviously he's been going through some issues of late,but the real flying machine turned up there today! When this dogs fit & healthy & on song,as was evident today with a first time run there of 18.30 (for this time of the year simply low flying) recording the fastest time there for 2014.I'm sure most enthusiasts of our industry would agree,a worthy candidate for NZ Sprinter Of The Year!

His record speaks for itself,he's raced & beaten the best on both Isle's,throw in a Group 2 unbeaten during the series culminating in ten wins in a row.But then again I maybe at fault?As that governing body couldn't be wrong again,after all there must be doubt if you don't win Greyhound Of The Month?

It's my opinion! Our industry needs some leadership from the top down,at the end of the day the buck stops with the NZGRA!

fit & healthy & on song,as was evident today with a first time run there of 18.30 (for this time of the year simply low flying) recording the fastest time there for 2014 .............. i would have thought opawa colin went quicker

Please accept my apology gary 1 for any inaccuracies I've written, I assure you it's not my intension to steal anyone's thunder.

It's just one of the many pitfalls I suffer living away from home,very little coverage of NZ greyhound racing in Oz,other than my own research by way of the internet,on what's taking place at home.

It will be interesting to see if Cawbourne Philip gets a mysterious injury after thursdays race, it is entered in a 645m race the next day or was it just in to ensure they got a field? They made Ashley Bradshaw race her dog back to back days a few weeks back after finding no reason why it shouldn't race, wonder if the same rules will apply to McInerney or will we see another bullshit scratching farce?

It will be interesting to see if Cawbourne Philip gets a mysterious injury after thursdays race, it is entered in a 645m race the next day or was it just in to ensure they got a field? They made Ashley Bradshaw race her dog back to back days a few weeks back after finding no reason why it shouldn't race, wonder if the same rules will apply to McInerney or will we see another bullshit scratching farce?

3 races over 500 plus in 4 days and everyone whinges about running sprinters 3 times in 7 days

And in again on Tuesday, what's the bet he will get a few days stand down on Thursday night so it's scratched on Friday? If not it will be 3 middle distance races and a distance race in the space of one week, this is what our welfare man should be concentrating on, not council registrations.

He was a cup dog too, Thrashed and ruined any chance he has of getting one now ......

Yes this Greyhound racing is becoming a complete farce, trainers manipulating races so reserve dogs can get in, I noticed it happen a couple weeks ago at Waikato.  Read a report on the jca.org.nz  that two trainers fighting out in the car park, trainers getting positive swabs, maybe the stakes need to be lowered until they  wean all  the crap out of the sport and get some heavy penalties sorted and some integrity back

Sounds like someone hasnt got his dogs registered with the council:)

I do actually, when you only have a half dozen you have no excuse not to, the point is that is this what we got the welfare officer for, to do the councils dirty work? I would of thought there were more pressing issues that needed addressing

Im not going to argue with you, but the problem starts at the top, they continue to allow this sort of thing happen with no serious punishments, and it is not just 'high profile' trainers like freeman, Cole and mcinerney doing it. Many trainers are doing it. Until the rules are made clear on this sort of thing people will continue to make use of the flawd system without getting in trouble (sorry about the miss spelling)

Yes this Greyhound racing is becoming a complete farce, trainers manipulating races so reserve dogs can get in, I noticed it happen a couple weeks ago at Waikato.  Read a report on the jca.org.nz  that two trainers fighting out in the car park, trainers getting positive swabs, maybe the stakes need to be lowered until they  wean all  the crap out of the sport and get some heavy penalties sorted and some integrity back

have the fighters got there penalty yet,  be interesting to see what they get  maybe a satisfactory trial for the pair of them

Henery I concur with you entirely,as I wrote in my post yesterday this dogs record speaks for itself! His first race ever in NZ took place in a heat of the Galaxy which he won beating top sprinters.He buttered up a week later & according to his form finished third in his semi.He then took his spot in the ballot for the final which he never gained a start.Going by the dates he gave everybody a three month start to the NZ season & remarkably has finished on top of both standings & sprint titles,he's a deserved winner of the best sprinter in the land!

Even if you do disagree with McInerney's ethics.Nothing can be taken away from the dog.

I'm tipping my favourite dog racing in NZ at the minute Dream Collector,will be in the same position as Sozin's Comet by this time next year!

And that's a leading contender amongst all the awards,yes he to has issues but he's got the right man in his corner,to iron out anything that stands in this dogs way!

She's had a great season this bitch,but she to went off the boil like Sozin's Comet Bright Star Dixie Lee just to name a few.Only hers was much earlier in the season,where she put in a half dozen ordinary runs,she'll go around again if she's fit & sound.

And why not they can't win races sitting in kennels! Besides she's in great hands they wouldn't take any risks with her.she's a valuable breeding commodity this one! Anything that continuously runs fast will always place pressure on there body parts.

She's another I like watching race,she's as game as they come..good luck to connections on a fine season.

What a surprise, another one of our LP candidates John McInerney shows his integrity and scratches 2 dogs today to let Sozins Comet in today to ensure he stays ahead in the Sprinter of he year points category, was always going to happen as soon as the fields came out, you can bet the scratched dogs will only get 5 days, if the stipes had any balls they would go out with a vet and get them checked over and see if they are genuine or not, I think everyone knows the answer to that.

Botany Jessie Rule 82.1 from 24 Jul 2014 to 30 Jul 2014- stood down at Addington so your accusation is full of shit!!!

Also Homebush Kelso raced over 500m same night and was checked round first corner  so must of picked up a injury as his stand down started on the 25th July which was the next day!!!!

Even one with their conspiracy bullcrap!! even TAB presenter had to eat humble pie last week suggesting Evans scratched one dog to get a reserve in to then find out the scratched dog had a serious injury and stood down for like 21 days.