RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lordship

The Price Of Fish

There was an interesting piece on TV 3 last night about the price of fish especially the price of Snapper

There was bewilderment at how our Country surrounded by water has the price of fish so prohibitive that it's a rare treat for most families

$40 to $50 a kilo for Snapper is just so wrong

The fishermen said they are paid $4.20 a kilo and that is the same price they were paid 20 years ago. So why is Snapper so expensive?

The supermarkets are blaming transportation costs etc but a guy from that side said they are in a very competitive market and the price is not down to them

Something smells very fishy

I remember about 25 years ago the price of Snapper went from reasonable to totally unreasonable overnight.

I think it was Sealords that said the Japanese are happy to pay $25 kilo for Snapper so that is the price the locals will have to pay

I catch my own Snapper so I'm alright Jack but that does not stop me thinking the price of Snapper in NZ is a rort that has certain people laughing all the way to the bank

I met a maori mate years after going to school with him. Asked what he did and he said he was in fisheries. I asked if it was with Kipros Kotsikos and, no, he didn't know that feller. Then I remembered Maori's owned Sealord so I mentioned them. He said , "no I don't know those fellers", so I asked "what fisheries are you connected with?" and he answered "BENEFICIARIES" hahahahaha

I met a maori mate years after going to school with him. Asked what he did and he said he was in fisheries. I asked if it was with Kipros Kotsikos and, no, he didn't know that feller. Then I remembered Maori's owned Sealord so I mentioned them. He said , "no I don't know those fellers", so I asked "what fisheries are you connected with?" and he answered "BENEFICIARIES" hahahahaha

Brilliant!

Rangi was walking in Kings Cross when an attractive lady of the night noticed Rangi and called out to him. Hey Maori boy, Would you like a bxxx job. Rangi looked over at her and said fxxx off! I dont want any kind of Job! :D

went into gore woolworths yesterday and brought some smoked fish..

sticker had $15.50 kilo..... weight...ABOUT 400GMS total price $0.03,

took it to checkout, went through at $0.03. now thats cheap :D

went into gore woolworths yesterday and brought some smoked fish..

sticker had $15.50 kilo..... weight...ABOUT 400GMS total price $0.03, took it to checkout, went through at $0.03. now thats cheap :D

Heh heh, teletubby, there's a supermarket here - oooh, about a mile from Parliament but I'm not gonna name it in case its owner is in this chat room - that regularly stuffs up the pricing of its seafood prices...

The stickers they use tend to list a) the price per kilo, B) the weight and then c) the total price multiplying a and b...

What their checkout scanner reads is rarely c), lol and we have, for example, been charged under $5 for a kilo's worth of admittedly-small but still v delish oysters, less than $10 for over 3kg of fresh fresh and one one wonderful day about $2.50 each for a pair of crayfish...

When I am in there I always pay by cash without looking at the cash register and its running total, always offering a note for what the real value should be and always just pocketing the change without checking it...

CCTVs are everywhere, lol...

By the way, how do they sell Whitebait these days? We used to buy it by the glass!

Our s/market sells it in tiny punnets that must be all of about the length of a finger high...

Happily, I have 'industry' contacts who flog off 2kg plastic bags of the divine goods at v reasonable prices...

Heh heh, teletubby, there's a supermarket here - oooh, about a mile from Parliament but I'm not gonna name it in case its owner is in this chat room - that regularly stuffs up the pricing of its seafood prices...

The stickers they use tend to list a) the price per kilo, B) the weight and then c) the total price multiplying a and b...

What their checkout scanner reads is rarely c), lol and we have, for example, been charged under $5 for a kilo's worth of admittedly-small but still v delish oysters, less than $10 for over 3kg of fresh fresh and one one wonderful day about $2.50 each for a pair of crayfish...

When I am in there I always pay by cash without looking at the cash register and its running total, always offering a note for what the real value should be and always just pocketing the change without checking it...

CCTVs are everywhere, lol...

I think I can see your angle in this little Authur Daley fish thieving scheme.

You will eventually get caught, after some super grass dobs you in. You will then have a criminal record clutched in your little hot hand as you line up for the "Mayor Laws sterilisation of criminal's scheme" and your $10,000 cash payout.

Very clever!

Our s/market sells it in tiny punnets that must be all of about the length of a finger high...

Happily, I have 'industry' contacts who flog off 2kg plastic bags of the divine goods at v reasonable prices...

Hope those 2kg bags are not Chinese Whitebait :D