RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

wITH REDUNDANCY LOOMING I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY WINZ THAT I AM NOT ENTITLED TO ANY BENIFIT.tHEY BASE THIS ON THE FACT THAT MY WIFE WORKS (P/T $350 WK )AND THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FREEHOLD HOME AND REASONABLE SAVINGS.NO DOUBT IF I HAD PISSED MY MONEY AGAINST THE WALL I MAY HAVE BEEN ELIGABLE FOR SOMETHING.

That's the one crustyngrizzly, pays to find these things out first.

Unfortunately some are more disadvantaged than others because they do what they assume to be best.

Take it easy on yourself, you have done what most reasonable people would do to ensure some form of personal security.

A betting voucher would be a better way to go. Put a pin on it, take cash off it as required ,without the audit trail an actual account's use would generate.....not that I would encourage such action, of course! And, yes, the TAB do share information freely with government agencies - I was on a High Court jury a few years ago, in which detailed TAB account transactions were admitted as evidence.

The Waikato Times has recently been doing articles on NZ P oat employees losing their jobs.The 2 that they have featured have been  70 years old and 80 years old.Both getting the pension along with their partners and both drawing down good wages every week.Me i will be getting no hand out from the Govt when i am made redundant and yet i will be unemployed.How does that work.when the oldies get a decent handout and me still with 10 years to go before pension is due will get nothing.