RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Big Lucy 1.40 shot

...mark purdon,drawn one second line,dexter drawn 1 leads,stablemate sits back early goes around on a weak tempo,dexter hands up to the vicky purdon part owned horse,race won in a time narrowly better than the trot....anything wrong with this picture?...I don't bet on harness racing and for good reason....I for one could not hand up knowing a hot fav couldn't win for an army of supporters,dexter looks around to see the 9 saddlecloth just before the winning post.....fair go or those punting Lucy just overly optimistic

Didnt see the race Gruff but the picture you paint (to me ) looks like a fantastic drive by DD and the stablemates driver. Did the other drivers deserve their driving fee ??  :-)

if You want to vastly improve your chances of winning a race You would be mad not to hand up I know napier....but knowing you have the peoples money locked up behind you surely you have to offer some resistance to your dalgety team driver? No bet but I had to listen to someone that lost thousands that was looking to take it further...how is anyone's guess,I like watching harness racing but only the stupid or well informed would punt it

Or, you could call it smart driving?

Dexter is driving the second fave - he's got the hot pot on his back and needs to give his horse every possible chance to win, or finish in the best place he can.

A horse comes around that he knows has the ability to get him to the passing lane, while making the task a little harder for the hot pot. I would hand up too.

The day drivers start thinking about driving to ensure the punters money (AKA: making sure a heavily back favourite gets things easy) is the day we are in big trouble.

This  race just illustrated  why the dunns drive so many winners. Tactically they are really switched on. The commentator who until recently worked for mr dalgety actually gave the winner  a strong push in his pre race comments. His  race calls  have been first class so far.

if You want to vastly improve your chances of winning a race You would be mad not to hand up I know napier....but knowing you have the peoples money locked up behind you surely you have to offer some resistance to your dalgety team driver? No bet but I had to listen to someone that lost thousands that was looking to take it further...how is anyone's guess,I like watching harness racing but only the stupid or well informed would punt it

1.40 was way under the odds with that draw. I backed against her hoping she would be back on the fence with no room. Quaddie was way over the odds with Big Lucy not in it.

Great drive from Dex, why wuldnt you hand up and put the hot pot 3 back. Good drive from Johnny to keep his one going too, looked like it was still very green during the running!

Don't we love bagging MPurdon when one of his favs gets beaten.

The guy is a friggin champion ,and when he gets beat in South likely victor will be a Dalgety runner...another talented trainer.

Purdon runners win about 30% of their races,and often more than one horse per race,about 60% run in first 3.

MP's diving stats probably better.

This horse was drawn one on second line which can be a problem.

A Flashing Red could drag back and power around the field ,but a 2 yr old filly having first race in a $6750 race at Timaru.....no way a $1.40 chance against 2 Dalgety runners with a bit of form.

The big punt was probably the kitty from another Purdon winner ,so the punter needs to suck it up.

...mark purdon,drawn one second line,dexter drawn 1 leads,stablemate sits back early goes around on a weak tempo,dexter hands up to the vicky purdon part owned horse,race won in a time narrowly better than the trot....anything wrong with this picture?...I don't bet on harness racing and for good reason....I for one could not hand up knowing a hot fav couldn't win for an army of supporters,dexter looks around to see the 9 saddlecloth just before the winning post.....fair go or those punting Lucy just overly optimistic

Purdons never team drive- pass the Tui

I thought it was a good drive also?

Not sure why the moaning. I love it when a great drive beats a red hot fav.....Only if I am not on it thou! :lol:

. What moaning? Great drive? When I was ten I questioned this,not rocket science .

Drivers don't drive for the punters have back them ,they drive for the owners ands trainers of the horse they are driving. If adore me was in the the lead drivers smartest move would be to hand up an put the fav and main danger 3 fence an requiring luck. Just cause the favs trail doesn't mean the leader should stay in front because most punters have backed the trail horse

Drivers don't drive for the punters have back them ,they drive for the owners ands trainers of the horse e

.....is that why they're known as thieves on wheels? I see most here think dexter was 'very smart' in handing up,how did purdons drive compare?

They out drove Dexter this time, made him do all the work and horse found nothing, a lot of hype about his horse and showed nothing.....should know by now Natalie gets the plumb drives, paid great money !

To right who knows,and Rasmussen drove to win unlike mark purdon who never 'learnt' from his last balls up,by choice? You be the judge...easiest quaddie ever anchoring the stablemate. thanks for your money big Lucy punters

To right who knows,and Rasmussen drove to win unlike mark purdon who never 'learnt' from his last balls up,by choice? You be the judge...easiest quaddie ever anchoring the stablemate. thanks for your money big Lucy punters

Lightfingered absolutely labelled the winner by SmartBet and their Best Bet of the day.....Great money!!!

I guess we could back the gallopers but then again those meetings keep getting abandoned and then when they do race we here the trainers say they don't like the wet tracks . Funny how they still have them in training all winter tho