RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

What's your opinion?

Ruck develops, Blues half bends in to pick up the ball.   He is hit by a Crusader player before he touches the ball - Crusader entered ruck legally i.e. from the rear and goes through the ruck.    Blues half of course is not part of the ruck.    Is the Blue's half legally cleaned out or illegally tackled early?     Incidentally, Jackson's interpretation was the former.

Ruck develops, Blues half bends in to pick up the ball. He is hit by a Crusader player before he touches the ball - Crusader entered ruck legally i.e. from the rear and goes through the ruck. Blues half of course is not part of the ruck. Is the Blue's half legally cleaned out or illegally tackled early? Incidentally, Jackson's interpretation was the former.

. Common sense dictates the latter

You can't come around a ruck or maul and you can't reach over the top and touch a half back. But if the Crusader came through the ruck, then that would sound OK. However if the All Blacks are leading 10 - 9 in the World Cup Final with 5 mins to go, I don't reckon Steve Hansen would want any of his players to try that. Those Refs can rule just about anyway they want at the breakdown.