RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

What did Bayliss "achieve"?

Guest 2Admin2

I see Bayliss believes he "achieved the things he wanted to achieve while in the role" of NZRB CEO.

What did he achieve:

1.  Freeview - gone

2.  Life Changing Bet - Triple Trio - disaster

3.  New Offices in Parnell

4.  Increased Executive staff and salary bill

5.  Increased overseas travel bills

6.  .......

Anyone else got anything to add?

. There are in excess of 35,000 people [in the racing industry] who have a serious interest in this answer."

and of that 35,000+ how many would earn more than 10% of Mr Bayliss' $1,000,000 salary?

How do you think all those people view this sort of carry on?

No wonder the racing industry is like a volcano building pressure!  :angry:

I see Bayliss believes he "achieved the things he wanted to achieve while in the role" of NZRB CEO.

What did he achieve:

1.  Freeview - gone

6.  .......

Achieved a bloody fat salary for achieving sweet FA. Another Pommy disaster for the Industry.

I would just like the truth to be put out there about his departure/dismissal.

Surely the $1,000,000 salary von stated, would be enough justifaction to relocate to welly.

He must be a Tru Blu City of sails man to forego that package.

The stress involved to deliver would no doubt be huge,

What did he achieve:

1.  Freeview - gone

6.  .......

*** lack of justifaction to industry players for scrapping free-view / industry benefits, and long term strategic plans.

Wiinston stated ...The racing minister Nathan Guy needed to spell out why Bayliss was leaving.    

I think the vision is to be the best entertainment business in NZ.  How do they even measure that?

The salary bill rose 15% last year and betting revenue was up 4% - sustainable?  Full year this July of inflated exec salaries will blowout even more.

Keep digging for non-performance - there is plenty to find.

You can't blame anyone for accepting a $million salary. You can though if he actually believes he is worth it or if he tries to justify it by putting up dodgy performance data.

The real morons in the whole exercise are the directors who actually approved the salary and the trail of yes men right through the industry.

The real morons in the whole exercise are the directors who actually approved the salary and the trail of yes men right through the industry.

Aye - hard to argue with that SD. 

And do you know the worst thing about it?  - nothing's changed.  So whoever the next appoitnment turns out to be to replace him - expect more of the same.  

Sadly, it's just the way they roll.

They might promote the Ozzie that raced 90……..and then you lot are cooked, or as things in QLD racing are looking up there just might be an opening for a smart, uber achieving executive type that has raced at least 90+ looking to relocate back to the land of strife and gird by sea, then maybe you might be able to take control of the runaway bus on the highway to hell? Well, we can wish can't we?

Pray tell, if indeed above is true and he was pushed/asked to vacate, then he was answerable to someone yes?……well, if he is/was, are others? or is there a protected species in that building? I would love to know.

What did he achieve:

1.  Freeview - gone

6.  .......

6. Sold their major asset - the Petone HO building and have leased it back.

My experience of that sort of thing always means; it will cost you more money!

Surely if an organisation based in Wellington is hiring a $1m CEO, then the condition of employment would be that you reside in Wellington? So how would a "weekly commute" come into it? I am fascinated at why so many on this site seem to think they "need to know" more than the press release states. Can't people read between the lines and leave it at that?

he achieved absolutely nothing positive but achieved in setting the industry back many years and inviting folk to give the game away - tremendous serious long term damage -  and guess what, it ain't going to stop with the clowns running the circus - at least the metal merchants could run an Opera House

sadly many like me just don't care anymore, they can do what they like as they certainly wont do what we the stakeholders would like - why would they they don't even listen to us -  a great circus and it is free to watch

he achieved absolutely nothing positive but achieved in setting the industry back many years and inviting folk to give the game away - tremendous serious long term damage -  and guess what, it ain't going to stop with the clowns running the circus - at least the metal merchants could run an Opera House

sadly many like me just don't care anymore, they can do what they like as they certainly wont do what we the stakeholders would like - why would they they don't even listen to us -  a great circus and it is free to watch

No not free to watch that has gone too :D

Why are Nathan Guy and Brenda Hughes not making public statements about all this?

How much do they get paid for keeping us guessing?

Good story for a budding young Journalist to grab with both hands and have a crack at!

No journos or media in the racing industry seem keen on "rocking the boat".

A good 60 minutes or seven sharp story would be a "must see" 

Why are Nathan Guy and Brenda Hughes not making public statements about all this?

How much do they get paid for keeping us guessing?

Good story for a budding young Journalist to grab with both hands and have a crack at!

No journos or media in the racing industry seem keen on "rocking the boat".

A good 60 minutes or seven sharp story would be a "must see" 

Get John Campbell and Anna Burns-Francis on the case.  ;)