RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Breaking News Alert

A leader is about to depart from our Industry.

Pick your rumor,SEX INFIDELITY,26YO,DRUGS,INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL,OR EXPENSES ABNORMALITIES,All rumors of course,but it will be announced shortly.

Hold the Phone. :angry:

On 7/1/2014 at 2:54 PM, Hung Leica said:

Announced at 10.30am this morning.  Gone immediately.  How much longer will the likes of xxxyyy last?

So why all the secrecy???  If anyone leaves a job there is always a reason. Everyone involved with any aspect of racing deserves an answer. Regardless of the reason can anyone tell me why the racing/gambling industry pays these people enormous salaries for their self education and when they are confident to do something they are gone. Has anyone a facebook link for more info?

Media Statement
1 JULY 2014 
NZ RACING BOARD CEO STEPS DOWN 
The New Zealand Racing Board (NZRB), the body behind all New Zealand racing and betting, has today announced that its CEO Chris Bayliss has resigned from the organisation. 
Mr Bayliss has resigned after achieving much during his two year tenure at NZRB and in that regard has been supported by an excellent Executive Team. 
The New Zealand Racing Board is well placed to move forward following the contribution made to it by Mr Bayliss and wishes him all the best for the future. 
Mr Bayliss will be leaving the organisation on 11 July 2014 and will be working with the Board to ensure a smooth transition. In the meantime, Stewart McRobie, our Chief Financial Officer has been appointed acting Chief Executive. 

Now here is an odd statement. Contrast Glenda Hughes statement below with the general media release. Since when is a Chairman/woman a "key partner" of the NZRB. Unless offcourse Glenda is firmly in the hand of the Government who wish to apply asset sales procedure. N.B. the reference to "all New Zealanders"

From The Informant.

The New Zealand Racing Board Chair Glenda Hughes has made the following announcement with regard to the resignation of NZRB CEO Chris Bayliss.

As a key partner of the NZ Racing Board, I advise that CEO Chris Bayliss has resigned from our organisation.

Chris has resigned after achieving much during his two-year tenure at NZRB and in that regard has been supported by an excellent Executive Team.

The New Zealand Racing Board is well placed to move forward following the contribution made to it by Mr Bayliss and wishes him all the best for the future. 

Chris’ last day will be 11 July 2014 and Stewart McRobie, our Chief Financial Officer, will be the acting CEO from that date. Stewart will also be available to stakeholders during the transition up to 11 July 2014.

The Board remains committed to leading and promoting the racing industry domestically and internationally for the benefit of all New Zealanders.

yep., they're in the eves of another hidden agenda implementation..reading the careful choice of wording.

"all New Zealanders" should read all Stakeholders one would think.

..and i agree with your summation of the word "key"

yep., they're in the eves of another hidden agenda implementation..reading the careful choice of wording.

"all New Zealanders" should read all Stakeholders one would think.

..and i agree with your summation of the word "key"

Brilliant Hedley!!!!

Perhaps to be precise it should read " Key Partner"

..they've recently 'sold' the punting clientel to a hemisphere corporate called SKY, who are global in their 'hemispheres'.

the t.a.b. will be next..either in a 'twist' like Free.to.View..to SKY, or else a straightout overt sellout to a N.S.W. agency.

a Stiassny 'pupil' might then be appointed to finish of the rest of the 'receiving'..by bludgeoning through a "One Racing" centralisation of thoroughbred racing.

..that'll ensure the industry will further die, with a major diminishment of participents..and incomes being able to be derived From racing., that'll then see N.Z.thoroughbred racings being a 'Leggo stickle brick'...most easily clickable into any other hemisphere corporate that suits., most probabley a N.S.W. one.

[the Canterbury Jockey Club..have certainly helped to hinder South Island's racings, by stuffing their track autonomously..ignoring best practice or anything like it.]

you were all warned about 'the star line up' that's been the recent past appointments to our executives, but chose to hold them high on a pedastal of promise...while they delivered you the opposite, and spun'n'spun and spun some more in their press releases, and creatively accounted their per annum figures.

we're nearly stuffed by now, as predicted some 6 years ago.

all we Do have is a 'city' of suits...bleeding off'f the Stakes recovery Pyramid..that Still nobody wants to broach nor 'rock the boat'

...sad sad stuff New Zealand

..they've recently 'sold' the punting clientel to a hemisphere corporate called SKY, who are global in their 'hemispheres'.

the t.a.b. will be next..either in a 'twist' like Free.to.View..to SKY, or else a straightout overt sellout to a N.S.W. agency.

a Stiassny 'pupil' might then be appointed to finish of the rest of the 'receiving'..by bludgeoning through a "One Racing" centralisation of thoroughbred racing.

..that'll ensure the industry will further die, with a major diminishment of participents..and incomes being able to be derived From racing., that'll then see N.Z.thoroughbred racings being a 'Leggo stickle brick'...most easily clickable into any other hemisphere corporate that suits., most probabley a N.S.W. one.

[the Canterbury Jockey Club..have certainly helped to hinder South Island's racings, by stuffing their track autonomously..ignoring best practice or anything like it.]

you were all warned about 'the star line up' that's been the recent past appointments to our executives, but chose to hold them high on a pedastal of promise...while they delivered you the opposite, and spun'n'spun and spun some more in their press releases, and creatively accounted their per annum figures.

we're nearly stuffed by now, as predicted some 6 years ago.

all we Do have is a 'city' of suits...bleeding off'f the Stakes recovery Pyramid..that Still nobody wants to broach nor 'rock the boat'

...sad sad stuff New Zealand

Where,s Portfolio (Mr drop freeview)...  when ya need him, for a reply Heds?

On Holiday,...no mob,txt or ph...uncontactable... (conveniant or co-incidental?)

He said I would enjoy giving him shit while he was away....That,ll Do! 

He sais I 

Media Statement
1 JULY 2014 
NZ RACING BOARD CEO STEPS DOWN 
The New Zealand Racing Board (NZRB), the body behind all New Zealand racing and betting, has today announced that its CEO Chris Bayliss has resigned from the organisation. 
Mr Bayliss has resigned after achieving much during his two year tenure at NZRB and in that regard has been supported by an excellent Executive Team. 
Mr Bayliss will be leaving the organisation on 11 July 2014 and will be working with the Board to ensure a smooth transition. In the meantime, Stewart McRobie, our Chief Financial Officer has been appointed acting Chief Executive. 

Very good reasons why his departure was immediate.He had no choice in the matter,but it does do more for future employment opportunities to resign rather than be sacked.I am sure the reasons will come out and rightfully so.

Very good reasons why his departure was immediate.He had no choice in the matter,but it does do more for future employment opportunities to resign rather than be sacked.I am sure the reasons will come out and rightfully so.

The reasons need to be out now so a decent debate can at least take place about the future of the TAB. Not the least.... is it worth paying anyone that sort of salary?  Also given the recent stuff ups e.g Triple Trio, Freeview a debate whether the whole board needs replacing.

So Midget if you know the facts have some guts and let us know.

The tab will never be sold, it has a monopoly in the nz market. Not sure how you could even dream up that.

A bricks and mortar sell off has been taking place. However appears the latest scheme is syndicating the Petone building into $100,000 shares perhaps the tenders were a bit low.

Now its highly likely NZTAB could amalgamate with an Oz tab e.g. Tabcorp. Huge savings could be made. However the marketing and media would be separated. There is obviously some sort of agenda. I've given up figuring their logic as anything is possible particularly if they rely on some flawed political creed..

If Chris Bayliss has acted unprofessionally or unlawfully a reasonable person would expect him to have been given an " instant dismissal" & not an option to resign.

We appreciate the fact that Human Resources staff have certain legal obligations & procedures to comply with but it comes across as an outsider looking in as all been a bit fishy to us for an industry that punishes those that may have committed an offence against the " Integrity of Racing" or any other unlawful act.

Thought you would have known Mr Rumpole through your very good friend Molly ......... no doubt much to unfold ...... poor Molly as I know she regarded Mr Bayliss ... she will need strong support from her close friends to get through this ..............

If Chris Bayliss has acted unprofessionally or unlawfully a reasonable person would expect him to have been given an " instant dismissal" & not an option to resign.

Respectfully, - isn't that a bit naive??? (but I suspect you have your tongue in your cheek ...)

Quoted in the press were the lines oft-seen in these situations - all about the value he'd brought to the position etc - The only bits missing were the quotes about wanting to spend more time with his family/pursue other opportunities/allow someone else the opportunity to build on his fine achievements etc etc

It's an approach that allows ppl to move on with dignity and future job prospects intact. Put another way - it means ppl are not held accountable and are put back on the market, unfettered by the baggage (publicly aired) of their previous misdeeds/malpractice or incompetence (because they seldom have a conscience to trouble them) - to pick up the next highly paid position and repeat the dose.

BTW - this is a general statement - I have no knowledge of Baylis' particular circumstancse - I know only what it looks like....

Respectfully, - isn't that a bit naive??? (but I suspect you have your tongue in your cheek ...)

Quoted in the press were the ines oft-seen in these situations - all about the value he'd brought to the position etc - The only bits missing were the quotes about wanting to spend more time with his family/pursue other opportunities/allow someone else the opportunity to build on his fine achievements etc etc

It's an approach that allows ppl to move on with dignity and future job prospects intact. Put another way - it means ppl are not held accountable and are put back on the market, unfettered by the baggage (publicaly aired) of their previous misdeeds/malpractice or incompetence (because they seldom have a conscience to trouble them) - to pick up the next highly paid position and repeat the dose.

BTW - this is a general statement - I have no knowledge of Baylis' particular circumstancse - I know only what it looks like....

Well said Jess... regardless of the reason for the dismissal, @ this stage he has come out smelling of roses.

I have been asking on this forum for some info on the scraping of free-view , vehemently supported by Portfolio,

I was more hoping for a reply from Bayliss and Co.

Maybe it,s just a matter of "job Done" move on to Greener Pastures.

Why the Secrecy? ...Truth will be Unveiled...The sooner the better! 

Bayliss introduced the Triple Trio I believe and the promotion was that it would be a Life Changing Bet.

He must have taken one,as his Life has changed,unfortunately for the worse.

If the rumors I have been told are in fact true,he had no choice but to resign and it certainly wasn't for a job well done and Greener Pastures.

It is like the Finn Powrie media report,leave or get pushed.

Now here is an odd statement. Contrast Glenda Hughes statement below with the general media release. Since when is a Chairman/woman a "key partner" of the NZRB. Unless offcourse Glenda is firmly in the hand of the Government who wish to apply asset sales procedure. N.B. the reference to "all New Zealanders"

From The Informant.

The New Zealand Racing Board Chair Glenda Hughes has made the following announcement with regard to the resignation of NZRB CEO Chris Bayliss.

As a key partner of the NZ Racing Board, I advise that CEO Chris Bayliss has resigned from our organisation.

Chris has resigned after achieving much during his two-year tenure at NZRB and in that regard has been supported by an excellent Executive Team.

Chris’ last day will be 11 July 2014 and Stewart McRobie, our Chief Financial Officer, will be the acting CEO from that date. Stewart will also be available to stakeholders during the transition up to 11 July 2014.

The Board remains committed to leading and promoting the racing industry domestically and internationally for the benefit of all New Zealanders.

"Achieving much..???" Really Glenda...??? Do elaborate...they have achieved sweet FA from where I sit...