RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
modest mouse

Greyhound 'Picnic"

Greyhound 'picnic' turns into free-for-all

|

Last updated 05:00 01/07/2014

An annual greyhound "picnic meet" at Hawera descended into a booze-soaked free-for-all that ended with one man stabbed in the lung with scissors.

In New Plymouth District Court Hunterville man Jeremy Mczzzd, 28, pleaded not guilty to wounding Jarrod Udy, 33, of Te Kauwhata with intent to cause grievous bodily harm on March 31.

Mczzzd's lawyer Julian Hannam says his client's actions at the Hawera Showgrounds over Easter were self-defence.

Crown prosecutor Andrew Britton said Udy suffered three stab wounds, in his elbow, shoulder and under his left arm. It was the latter which perforated his lung causing it to collapse.

Yesterday the victim's father, Ross Udy said he was a regular at the meet which was normally a "fun weekend".

He said he had poor recall of the night because of the amount of alcohol he drank and the length of time since the attack.

During cross-examination from Hannam, Ross Udy laughed when the lawyer said he had taken a gun to the meeting and had told someone to "piss off or I'll shoot you".

Advertisement

Ross Udy said he had never owned a gun. He recalled someone telling him that "a couple of the local women were complaining about Jeremy playing up".

"I said I'd kill him. "

He then went to ask Mczzzd's mother, April Blackburn, and her sons to either settle down or leave.

Someone asked him what weapon he would use to do the killing. Udy said he had pulled down the fly in his pants saying "that's all I need."

Shortly after, Blackburn kicked him in the groin, flooring him.

Another of Blackburn's sons, Matthew Voutier, had grabbed Udy and the pair were locked together fighting on the ground.

Ross Udy said he was a wrestler and had his attacker around the neck. "Matthew says ‘get him off me, I can't breathe'."

He could hear the women shouting abuse. "It wasn't all coming from the Mczzzd-Blackburn family, was it?" Hannam said.

"No, but they were causing the problem," Udy said.

Lyn Bliek described how everyone had been having a good time at the bar when Blackburn and her sons became abusive, telling everyone that they were inbred.

She heard Blackburn's sons racially abusing another dog owner, calling him a "token black" and threatening to do him over and release his dogs if he didn't leave.

She said Blackburn started fighting with some of the girls and Bliek went to help them.

Blackburn then attacked her, hitting her over the head. The others tried to pull her off. She ended up with lacerations, grazes, cuts and a deep bruise where she was "booting me in the back".

I hardly think Aaron Cross will be interested. I assume he wouldn't be interested in how humans treat each other. Doubt it would get much air time as this behaviour seems to be norm in society at the moment  B) 

the hawera meeting has been happening for years and years has any of you  even been???

its a great family weekend until this worthless family turned up off there faces looking for trouble!!

and of course they picked on the biggest (softest) person there

who in there right mind would go with a blade????

the ass should look into who the give licences to!!!

since this (OVER A YEAR AGO) the dodgy family have no dogs and the udy family  are still in it winning strong I know who I would be rooting for!!  

Why on earth would you bring this into light again?

As happy has said, the family was looking for trouble.

DC9 - Mr Cross' take on this is as follows;

Ever wanted to get into greyhound racing? Good family social fun times if you don't mind getting medieval.

(Link to article)

Again, making us look like bad people.

Why am I not surprised !

Greyhound 'picnic' turns into free-for-all

|

Last updated 05:00 01/07/2014

An annual greyhound "picnic meet" at Hawera descended into a booze-soaked free-for-all that ended with one man stabbed in the lung with scissors.

In New Plymouth District Court Hunterville man Jeremy Mczzzd, 28, pleaded not guilty to wounding Jarrod Udy, 33, of Te Kauwhata with intent to cause grievous bodily harm on March 31.

Mczzzd's lawyer Julian Hannam says his client's actions at the Hawera Showgrounds over Easter were self-defence.

Crown prosecutor Andrew Britton said Udy suffered three stab wounds, in his elbow, shoulder and under his left arm. It was the latter which perforated his lung causing it to collapse.

Yesterday the victim's father, Ross Udy said he was a regular at the meet which was normally a "fun weekend".

He said he had poor recall of the night because of the amount of alcohol he drank and the length of time since the attack.

During cross-examination from Hannam, Ross Udy laughed when the lawyer said he had taken a gun to the meeting and had told someone to "piss off or I'll shoot you".

Advertisement

Ross Udy said he had never owned a gun. He recalled someone telling him that "a couple of the local women were complaining about Jeremy playing up".

"I said I'd kill him. "

He then went to ask Mczzzd's mother, April Blackburn, and her sons to either settle down or leave.

Someone asked him what weapon he would use to do the killing. Udy said he had pulled down the fly in his pants saying "that's all I need."

Shortly after, Blackburn kicked him in the groin, flooring him.

Another of Blackburn's sons, Matthew Voutier, had grabbed Udy and the pair were locked together fighting on the ground.

Ross Udy said he was a wrestler and had his attacker around the neck. "Matthew says ‘get him off me, I can't breathe'."

He could hear the women shouting abuse. "It wasn't all coming from the Mczzzd-Blackburn family, was it?" Hannam said.

"No, but they were causing the problem," Udy said.

Lyn Bliek described how everyone had been having a good time at the bar when Blackburn and her sons became abusive, telling everyone that they were inbred.

She heard Blackburn's sons racially abusing another dog owner, calling him a "token black" and threatening to do him over and release his dogs if he didn't leave.

She said Blackburn started fighting with some of the girls and Bliek went to help them.

Blackburn then attacked her, hitting her over the head. The others tried to pull her off. She ended up with lacerations, grazes, cuts and a deep bruise where she was "booting me in the back".

Geez this makes the Royal Tavern off Once Were Warriors look like Denny's family restaurant!!!

Drunken scissors attack premeditated

LYN HUMPHREYS

Last updated 10:47 09/09/2014

http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/10475166/Drunken-scissors-attack-premeditated

An aggressive drunk armed himself with scissors and stabbed another man repeatedly, leaving him with life-threatening injuries after a greyhound meeting at Hawera in March last year, the New Plymouth District Court heard yesterday.

Jeremy Keith McL e o d, 28, unemployed of Hunterville, was jailed for 5 1/2 years and handed down a strike warning.

He was remanded in custody after being found guilty of a charge of wounding Te Kauwhata man Jarrod Udy, 33, with intent to cause grievous harm following a jury trial in July.

In sentencing yesterday Judge Allan Roberts criticised the behaviour of McL e o d's mother, a greyhound owner.

"The behaviour of a number of people, including your mother, was nothing but deplorable," the judge said.

He expressed concern and surprise that those involved were able to maintain an affiliation to the industry.

Following the sentencing, New Zealand Greyhound Racing general manager Jim Leach, of Wellington, responded that the attack which left the victim with life-threatening injuries brought the industry into disrepute.

"He could have died. It reflects badly on the organisation as a whole.

"Now we are aware of it, the board will have a close look so it's not likely to be happening again," said Leach.

"Clearly there must have been a lot of alcohol."

The event was an annual informal social weekend which was not run under the NZGR rules, he said.

The judge said things had degenerated following the day's dog racing at the Hawera meeting. Many retired to the bar to drink.

The intoxicated, aggressive Mczzzd was offensive and made threats.

Just after midnight, a decision was made to shut down the bar. In his opinion, that decision was too late, the judge said.

Tensions mounted and lines were drawn between his family and other members of the dog racing fraternity.

His victim "displayed no aggressive overtures to you at all", the judge said.

Mczzzd squared off and "in the dark you stabbed him on a number of occasions with a pair of scissors".

The victim suffered a deep 10mm stab wound in his left lung, another 5mm wound in his arm and abrasions.

Mczzzd told police his actions were self-defence.

Mczzzd, had 45 convictions, 14 of which were violence-related, the judge said.

Defence lawyer Julian Hannam described the attack as a "classic example of self-defence".

But the judge said he found that Mczzzd was spoiling for a fight and deliberately armed himself with the scissors and intended to use them.

The judge found the attack premeditated, saying Mczzzd sought confrontation with tacit family support.

- Taranaki Daily News