RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Hair to long

I hope in years to come that the little upstart from Hastings comes to me looking for a job(highly unlikely).He will be told in no uncertain terms that i have rules and you abide by them or you can F... off.

You and your hoity toity old man can take legal action against me if you like but i would rather destroy all of my assets so you got nothing you F... little p.....

Rules are rules and i don't care who you are you uppity little sh..,.

crustyngrizzly...

According to a story on the Stuff website, it is the student who is abiding by the Rules.

I suspect that this fact, if it is so, will not alter your opinion of the student because, in fact, you are an authoritarian by nature and, as such, are incapable of forming a logical, independent opinion.

All the best.

Ashoka

crustyngrizzly...

Fair enough.

On reflection, my posting goes too far and I wish to withdraw my inference.

I hope that you will let me do so and  will accept my apology for posting such in the first place.

All the best.

Ashoka

The  lads a pawn in his father's fight against "The Man".

"People have always looked down on me because of my dreads", " I have often felt like a 2nd class citizen because of my long hair".

"Lets all head off to the High Court cause I've got heaps of cash and am on a crusade, against 'The Man' ".

"Lets plaster my boy all over the paper so I can take it to 'The Man' "

Give it a break Dad and let the boy get on with his own life.

Someone now needs to go to the High Court and challenge Bars that won't let you in if you wearing $250. trainers, but will (let you in) if you're wearing $30 black school shoes from the No.1 Shoe Wharehouse.

It's another arbitrary rule, made by the person in charge, wanting to show that they are in charge. It's just waiting for some zealot to get all worked up over.

The kid has had his hair long and tied in a bun for 2 years with no issues from the school hierarchy. A new Principal comes on board and decides to reinterpret the rules to suit himself and exert his authority. The kid is rightly miffed. The Principal refuses an offer of mediation with the kid and father. The kid is suspended without using any other forms of punishment first.

The dickhead Principal is in the wrong here. Sounds like someone on an ego trip, trying to come across as a hard taskmaster and refusing to see any other point of view.

I'd hire the kid in a heartbeat. Critical thinker and refuses to accept the status quo. Great qualities in many industries. And he's also won a bravery award for rescuing two women.

A new Principal comes on board and decides to reinterpret the rules to suit himself and exert his authority. The kid is rightly miffed. 

The dickhead Principal is in the wrong here. Sounds like someone on an ego trip, trying to come across as a hard taskmaster and refusing to see any other point of view.

The new Principal comes on board and wants to "exert his authority". Wants to be seen as a "hard task master".

No doubt that is true - exactly what a new Principal at a traditional all boys school would want to do and what the majority of parents would be wanting him to do.

"The kid is rightly miffed".

I'll bet he was, as were the others who got told to get their hair cut shorter. There are many rules at many schools, especially the traditional all boys schools, strictly enforced by Principals, that make kids "miffed". Do we want to challenge them all?

Where does this leave our new Principal now. Somewhat emasculated I'd say, having been seen to have been put in his place by the "miffed" kid, his father and the High Court. Is this what the majority of parents wanted for St Johns College and their new Principal - I'll bet it's not.

A short sighted victory.