RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
POPA GAS

Manawatu Standard

Well whats happened, has happened, let the club go, Thats the cheapest out come for the industry.

have a fresh start and get back racing at the track under who ever??

Racing at that track is what matters.

Thank you Manawatu club for many years of racing enjoyment at your track. RIP.

Its a conspiracy by Major Major whom resides somewhere in the Fonganui region to take over the Palmy track. Starve the Club of capital, then send in biased accountants, followed by Arni the terminator Meach with disinformation for the press. Once all the last remenants of the Club are destroyed, walk in and take over. Use the venue as a secondary one to compliment Fonganui. End game.

Its a conspiracy by Major Major whom resides somewhere in the Fonganui region to take over the Palmy track. Starve the Club of capital, then send in biased accountants, followed by Arni the terminator Meach with disinformation for the press. Once all the last remenants of the Club are destroyed, walk in and take over. Use the venue as a secondary one to compliment Fonganui. End game.

I think your close to the action John i agree seems thats how it wentcheers Jim

I think your close to the action John i agree seems thats how it wentcheers Jim

Do you have a compulsion to put your spoke into every post g runner? How do you know what you agree with is the truth? How can someone in the mainland really know what is going on in the off shore island?

I'm just an observer too, but this summary makes no sense. If you are right, and I am wrong, the industry is doomed for sure.

My version: the Board hold all the guns and call all the shots, some in the Palmy club chose to stand up for what they believed in, being they should be repaid their $100k, the industry should be responsible for the funding of their track and put in lights for them, and they should be getting a fairer date distribution. All good points, but sorry, the Board has all the say and you get nowhere by crossing them. You still have to have a coherent business plan, run your accounts properly, be accountable to your members, and adjust to running the club as a business, and on these matters the Palmy club appears to have failed and now the consequences are inevitable.

Do you have a compulsion to put your spoke into every post g runner? How do you know what you agree with is the truth? How can someone in the mainland really know what is going on in the off shore island?

M8 Opinions are free, but when i say something it may not be exactly correct, as most times my opinion is exactly that not made up for me when i find thru discussion with ex committee and knowing them too not bull**** me, they were sold out, as one said for silver dollars by a few (no names)and seeming to know about Nth Island I am part of a network of friends over the CD and what they didnt know. Race Cafe supplied the rest as over many months we have discussed mostly issues from CD district right? and as you quote it (WTF) spoke??. Please inform me exactly what a spoke is ,new slang word or a typo anway when you put your REAL name to your post i will take you serious cheers have a great evening and make sure you keep the kiltdown under over your knees when you sit people may see hairy Haggis and i would love to give you a nickname on here Haggis Macduff Jim cya Balls Macduff.

M8 Opinions are free, but when i say something it may not be exactly correct, as most times my opinion is exactly that not made up for me when i find thru discussion with ex committee and knowing them too not bull**** me, they were sold out, as one said for silver dollars by a few (no names)and seeming to know about Nth Island I am part of a network of friends over the CD and what they didnt know. Race Cafe supplied the rest as over many months we have discussed mostly issues from CD district right? and as you quote it (WTF) spoke??. Please inform me exactly what a spoke is ,new slang word or a typo anway when you put your REAL name to your post i will take you serious cheers have a great evening and make sure you keep the kiltdown under over your knees when you sit people may see hairy Haggis and i would love to give you a nickname on here Haggis Macduff Jim cya Balls Macduff.

great stuff g runner :D you are a real aussie comedian, however your real name is not a household name and means as much to most people as if you called yourself ned kelly or g noblet and if I told you my real name you would be none the wiser so feel free to ignore my contributions :)

great stuff g runner :D you are a real aussie comedian, however your real name is not a household name and means as much to most people as if you called yourself ned kelly or g noblet and if I told you my real name you would be none the wiser so feel free to ignore my contributions :)

Personal attacks wow this is Race Cafe thats norm m8 I wouldnt give rats arse what you say my name doesnt have to be known but i put it there and have the guts too show it .Show me yours and give me a name take up the challenge lol or have people think your a hidden gutlass wonder, with a smile thanks for your indepth knowledge to who i be. cheers Haggis balls oops Haggis Macduff

had you ever considered macduff could be the fairer sex james.

hairy haggis indeed lol.

had you ever considered macduff could be the fairer sex james.

hairy haggis indeed lol.

hmm no i didnt, i apologise to the fairer sex if she/he is an issue and i got carried away with an idea. in hindsight wasnt that funny.,but thats me a spade to a shovel and i will move on even tho i thought they were being a smart arse. cheers the unknow man.

What do you mean biased accountants.Did they cook the books?

No. I mean accountants working in the interests of one party at the expense of the other. In this case they were under the employ of the NZGRA. As you know Gary, figures and numbers can be manipulated to support one's argument. I would take more notice of an independant audit anyday especially in a problem such as this. I should imagine the accountant working for Manawatu could come up with an entirely different set of figures.

i heard when the club took there annual accounts to get auditted the audittor would not sign them off because of the mess.this is one of the reasons withheld funds as under the mandate they had to have auditted accounts

i heard when the club took there annual accounts to get auditted the audittor would not sign them off because of the mess.this is one of the reasons withheld funds as under the mandate they had to have auditted accounts

1. INCORRECT.....check the Incorporated Societies web site you will see the accounts have been filed.

2. The amount outstanding to the Manawatu Harness Club is approx $21k not 18 months worth of rent which would equate to approx $90k. Check the accounts of the Manawatu Harness Club on the Incorporated Societies Web site to see what their debtors were at the end of July 2009.

The Club had a gst return due plus the infrastructure payment due, a 'guarantee' by a private person to clear all the debts plus give the Club a cash injection of funds to enable the Club to trade in the 'black'. However the Board saw fit to withold the infrastructure payment and the private person stated publically at a members meeting that they were withdrawing their support at this stage due to having no faith in the Board of Greyhound Racing New Zealand. There were approximately 40 people at this meeting who heard this.

The supposed track loan is under dispute yet the Board will not meet and discuss this despite many overtures on behalf of the Club to see this meeting happen.

The Board has stated to the Club that they will not assist in the Clubs debts yet wont give the Club any rental for the Club owned equipment that is needed to be used to run race meetings. Perhaps the Club needs to liquidate the assets, sell equipment to the highest bidder and have the largest sandpit in the Palmerston North Region.

Without any income to make a payment arrangement with the Club's creditors perhaps one of them may see fit to bring in a liquidator and then there will be no racing. Lets face it a liquidator will do as they see fit with the assets and will look at who owes what to whom. With a liquidator being independant the Board will have no say and this will drag this situation out even more.

3. Perhaps the Board should come and have a meeting with the members of the Club. The Press Releases put out by the

Board are in part incorrect, whether it is the journalists who are looking for a bit of sensationalism in this rather drab world or the Board are misrepresenting the situation - who knows!

Come on Board come down and have a meeting with the Club representatives and a mediator. All the facts can be laid bare and then perhaps racing can get back at Manawatu rather than the parent body trying to 'win' the war in the public domain. This current situation is a lose/lose one for the greyhound industry.

I am sure that the other codes and participants must again be laughing at the unprofessional manner that the poor third code is portraying themselves to the world.

I'm just an observer too, but this summary makes no sense. If you are right, and I am wrong, the industry is doomed for sure.

My version: the Board hold all the guns and call all the shots, some in the Palmy club chose to stand up for what they believed in, being they should be repaid their $100k, the industry should be responsible for the funding of their track and put in lights for them, and they should be getting a fairer date distribution. All good points, but sorry, the Board has all the say and you get nowhere by crossing them. You still have to have a coherent business plan, run your accounts properly, be accountable to your members, and adjust to running the club as a business, and on these matters the Palmy club appears to have failed and now the consequences are inevitable.

Doesnt that apply to the Board also their finance their business plan, must be the only membership of any business that doesnt know their own business plan cheers Jim

Hadenuff if as you say, quote, A Little Knowledge Is Dangerous In The Case Of This Thread it Is Lethal.

then you should not have come on and removed all doubt that you only have a little knowledge.

Keep stuffing it up and we will get all the mondays at Cambridge, so keep up the good work.

1. INCORRECT.....check the Incorporated Societies web site you will see the accounts have been filed.

2. The amount outstanding to the Manawatu Harness Club is approx $21k not 18 months worth of rent which would equate to approx $90k. Check the accounts of the Manawatu Harness Club on the Incorporated Societies Web site to see what their debtors were at the end of July 2009.

The Club had a gst return due plus the infrastructure payment due, a 'guarantee' by a private person to clear all the debts plus give the Club a cash injection of funds to enable the Club to trade in the 'black'. However the Board saw fit to withold the infrastructure payment and the private person stated publically at a members meeting that they were withdrawing their support at this stage due to having no faith in the Board of Greyhound Racing New Zealand. There were approximately 40 people at this meeting who heard this.

The supposed track loan is under dispute yet the Board will not meet and discuss this despite many overtures on behalf of the Club to see this meeting happen.

The Board has stated to the Club that they will not assist in the Clubs debts yet wont give the Club any rental for the Club owned equipment that is needed to be used to run race meetings. Perhaps the Club needs to liquidate the assets, sell equipment to the highest bidder and have the largest sandpit in the Palmerston North Region.

Without any income to make a payment arrangement with the Club's creditors perhaps one of them may see fit to bring in a liquidator and then there will be no racing. Lets face it a liquidator will do as they see fit with the assets and will look at who owes what to whom. With a liquidator being independant the Board will have no say and this will drag this situation out even more.

3. Perhaps the Board should come and have a meeting with the members of the Club. The Press Releases put out by the

Board are in part incorrect, whether it is the journalists who are looking for a bit of sensationalism in this rather drab world or the Board are misrepresenting the situation - who knows!

Come on Board come down and have a meeting with the Club representatives and a mediator. All the facts can be laid bare and then perhaps racing can get back at Manawatu rather than the parent body trying to 'win' the war in the public domain. This current situation is a lose/lose one for the greyhound industry.

I am sure that the other codes and participants must again be laughing at the unprofessional manner that the poor third code is portraying themselves to the world.

question one why was the club so far behind in rent

Nice to finely hear some true facts.

Hadenuff if as you say, quote, A Little Knowledge Is Dangerous In The Case Of This Thread it Is Lethal.

then you should not have come on and removed all doubt that you only have a little knowledge.

Keep stuffing it up and we will get all the mondays at Cambridge, so keep up the good work.

Dogday, unfortunately the truth needs to be spoken. What I state is true fact, if by facing the truth and racing is sent to Cambridge then so be it.

If you live by the word then you die by the sword.

There is nothing I have posted that is not FACT

From what i been told and shown hadenuff you been conned my trainer had coppy of document by independent person that says manawatu in a mess and to much infighting so he reckons racing gunna be at cambridge

From what i been told and shown hadenuff you been conned my trainer had coppy of document by independent person that says manawatu in a mess and to much infighting so he reckons racing gunna be at cambridge

Interesting DOG DAY.

As has been stated elsewhere in this thread I believe that there were two reports undertaken. Internal reports for the Club and the Board. Perhaps you had better name your trainer as there may be privacy act violations here which may be addressed at some future stage.

Obviously there is a 'leak' is it a former Club Committee Member or a Board Member who has decided to show copies of a confidential report, to unauthorised parties. Unless of course your trainer was a former member of the Manawatu Committee? if so name THEM!

Interesting DOG DAY.

As has been stated elsewhere in this thread I believe that there were two reports undertaken. Internal reports for the Club and the Board. Perhaps you had better name your trainer as there may be privacy act violations here which may be addressed at some future stage.

Obviously there is a 'leak' is it a former Club Committee Member or a Board Member who has decided to show copies of a confidential report, to unauthorised parties. Unless of course your trainer was a former member of the Manawatu Committee? if so name THEM!

are you a former Club Committee Member? If so, what ever happens you won't be part of any future plan, but you are funny.