RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

Club Rugby

I watched a live game of Senior club rugby last Saturday, which i don't get to do too often these days. While it was enjoyable enough, with plenty of mistakes and leaky defense from both sides, the standard was a million miles away from Super 15 and Tests. To think that All Blacks used to return and play at this level (when fully fit). The gap is now so vast that any All Black in one of the teams would have dominated the game completely.

Iagree.Reently Morrisville (11th) played Varsity (1st).Morrinsville fielded 3 super 15 players who wre on breaks from the Chiefs.Morrinsville won and the win was totally due to these 3 players.The following week Morrinsville played Marist and normal service was resumed.

Marist and Old Boys to contest Waikato Club Rugby final.These teams finished 3rd and 4th in preliminary rounds.Otorohanga who won the preliminary round were given a good touch up by Marist  a couple of weeks ago so no surprise they were beaten by Old Boys.Varsity have been good all year round and had beaten Marist twice this year,but i always thought that come crunch time their younger players would be undone by a pack of season veterans like Marist.

We had a couple of great club finals down this way recently. Up in The Nua, Paraparaumu defeated Shannon by 12 to 9, with 1500 turning up to watch. Down in Wellywood, Hutt OB Marist defeated Wainui a similar 14 to 11, before a good sized crowd. The grassroots is boxing on. It's a long way from Super Rugby in the big stadiums, but it's great for the hands on comradie.