RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE EXPAT

NZ GOY AWARDS

Having been transferred to Oz for just over a year now,I've sort of lost contact with the racing back home.

Unless I go online & look it all up myself,you wouldn't know what's happening back home.

Would I be right & saying there's no real standout on both isles this year? and by that I mean there's no Little Mother's Sergio's Hifi Allegro's in the mix?

All Group races have been shared about by different dogs? I did go onto NZGR site earlier this evening that was as clear as mud!.with just over six weeks to go left in the season,who's willing to predict the winners this far out.i for one would be very interested in everyone's opinion as to who should receive individual nominations for each category.

Ending up with your choice for NZ GOY & by the way good luck to all those who are lucky enough to have a dog good enough,to gain a nomination when they come out that is?

Cheers THE EXPAT

Think this is how it looks on paper

Little Teegan (Wanganui Distance G1 and Collar runner up) and 

Lochinvar Brando  (Silver collar G1) fight out Distance Dog

Thrilling Butcher (Auckland Cup G1 and NZ Derby G1)

and Piggy Back (Waterloo Cup G1, Wanganaui Cup G1, NZ Cup G1 runner up) fight out middle distance

Sozin Comet (Railway winner) probably the sprinter from Bight Star and Dixie Lee

Just my thought on the seasons racing

Think this is how it looks on paper

Little Teegan (Wanganui Distance G1 and Collar runner up) and 

Lochinvar Brando  (Silver collar G1) fight out Distance Dog

Thrilling Butcher (Auckland Cup G1 and NZ Derby G1)

and Piggy Back (Waterloo Cup G1, Wanganaui Cup G1, NZ Cup G1 runner up) fight out middle distance

Sozin Comet (Railway winner) probably the sprinter from Bight Star and Dixie Lee

Just my thought on the seasons racing

Agree it's between those 2 in distance dog category.   Middle looks wide open but like you mention Jibbs, it could come down to who has won the most Group 1s.  Sozin's Comet should win sprinter.  

Thank you all for the update it's most kind.I work afternoon shift over here which is a killer!

It doesn't allow much room to move around with a young family & all,but I miss my dogs back home.

When we were leaving around this time last year or thereabouts,I was of the opinion Piggy Back would take all before him.He was a lethal unit & looked unstoppable.

I know he went amiss sadly.Because of my absence the knowledge I once had of the local scene has now diminished.Living in Victoria I get to the Meadows & Sandown now & again,I'll give it to the Aussies they know how to promote the sport,but give me home any day!!

Whilst everybody is suggesting who might take the awards home,it's actually giving me some homework going online researching there videos,there's a few names mentioned that have escaped me,that'll give me something to do over the weekend.give me a week or so & hopefully I can add some worthy content for NZ GOY,once again keep your thoughts coming in please & thank you all...Dusty love your work!!

Chaddles surely so after all he's owned & formally trained out of NZ,did most of his racing in NZ!

He's a kiwi dog alright & doing us proud over here.That Xylia Allen he keeps bumping into is almost on par with Miata,believe me it's no disgrace finishing second behind her.

Having seen this bitch race in person on a few occasions now,she's the measuring stick when it comes to stayers over here & can do it from both ends as well!

When Know Class is written up in the form guides here.the NZ prefix follows his name..ours!!!!

Sprinter of the year should go to sozins comet, won i think 10-11 races in a row on at least 3 different track and has the railway to his name, it is a big effort for a dog to have a winning streak like that when they are traveling fron track to track each week

Have you all decided on your choices for NZ GOY,or are you like me,waiting for the next lot of races coming up at Addington,before making a decision? I'm sure you'll agree it's not as easy as one thought originally.

Although for mine Jibberer is very close to the mark!

The only standout for me is in the sprinting ranks,that's done & dusted!

It's the middle distance & the ultimate award I find most baffling?

Has a sprinter done enough over the season,that could surprise us all & take home the big one?

With only four weeks left,can you ever recall a more open season???

It's going down to the wire 13/14.

Only the brave will make an early prediction.

Think you will find that you need to win a Group 1 during the season to be eligible (not 100% sure but someone should be able to confirm) so Sozins Comet wont be able to win it (Group 2 Railway victory)

Sorry Jibberer I was just merely speculating,when I asked if a sprinter could win the title. Although your the one who eluded me to Sozin's Comet,& then Alltheway!! gave me the heads up to delve deeper into this dogs form.

When you look at his race card,& stack it up against his competitors he's clearly the standout sprinter of 13/14 in my opinion!

After giving them three months start to the season,his first race being a heat of the Galaxy which he won was a mighty effort.

From there his form just escalated,his first two runs earned him a place in the Galaxy final,albeit as a reserve.

I was hoping maybe one of my two favourite bitches,in Dixie Lee & Bright Star may've had the points on the board to secure the title!

They've really kept the sprinting scene alive,for quite sometime now.I like many was hoping for that magical match race that sadly never eventuated.There connections wouldn't take them out of there comfort zone! Or is that to harsh of me saying that??

On the other hand Sozin's has won on three different tracks,including the clincher winning on both the north & south isle.

His record speaks for itself 27/37 wins with 8 minors all in top grade.His form shows within a couple of months of racing,he brakes 17secs on 2 occasions,& to top things off he amasses 10 wins in a row & goes through the Railway Sprint GRP2 undefeated,winning what I think is the hardest sprint race in NZ to win! He's raced & beaten the best on offer on only one prep! The sealer for me he's not one dimensional,Sozin's is 3/4 over the 390mts at Ascot Park.But what baffles me why hasn't he been named greyhound of the month?

Getting back to the middle distance dogs..isn't Really Clever coming home with a wet sail! I seen him win a couple of weeks ago on the box,he's got some savvy about him this dog! A big nights racing at Addington this week,maybe we'll get a winner for another category for GOY from this meeting??

One category down.two to go.And of course the biggie GOY! Come on all name your winners!!

Well everybody it's that time of the year,13/14 season has concluded with many outstanding individuals having a great year.

Unlike most seasons in the past where we've had a standout,I think the judges this year will earn there place on the voting panel.

Some of the judges may have preferred the old points system was still in vogue,for some of the categories as it's very hard.

Jibberer are you still sticking to your guns,in your previous post?

Will the judges stick to the norm,four noms per category & then select a winner for sprinter middle & distance?

Does anybody have a feeling for an outsider,that could cause a sensation.

For me declaring GOTY is by far the hardest!

I'll be posting my noms & winners Wednesday week.Come on Dusty I regard you as a good judge,have a crack!

Alltheway!!! I'm calling on you as well please.

Let's make these so called good judges earn there place on the voting panel!!

I find it hard to disagree,Lochinvar Brando finished the season off in grand style.

As for Piggy Back,I pose the question has he done enough throughout the season,albeit he had his fair share of problems?

Before I left for Oz he was clearly the best dog going around in NZ for mine.

This is what I'm insinuating,it's not cut & dry by any means,try adding four noms to each distance,then throw in GOTY.

It's enough to drive a man to drink.

Piggyback biggest cat racing at this present time! Since they brought it back seems to be worse. No delt its got lots of ability but its just dangerous

Taylor the keyboard warrior. could you explain " biggest cat " and how Piggy Back is dangerous please ?

Piggyback biggest cat racing at this present time! Since they brought it back seems to be worse. No delt its got lots of ability but its just dangerous

Did you see its last start?

A very handy C5 field, gets the momentum going and he receives a decent check,

Goes back through the field but rattled home very nicely.

I'm pretty sure you have your wires crossed, as a cat is of the feline species, and a dog is apart of the canine species. Im pretty sure Piggy Back is a dog. But hey, i'm not scientist 

By the way it's a ballroom,having lived here in Oz now for 16mths,I've seen so many kiwi bred animals being claimed as there own over here.I've now decided on a different approach to imports into NZ when I arrive home.

I don't care if there coming in from Alaska!

Once there paws hit kiwi soil & are trained here,eat our feed & earn prize money,I'll consider them to be NZ greyhounds!

Just as they do over here,may I suggest by taking this approach,it's not causing prejudice to any dog who's performed admirably throughout the year in NZ!

And by the way if one does happen to turn up from Alaska,it won't be getting any of my hard earned let me tell you!!!