RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sunlineboy

Comp Results

2 lifes:

Mr Winbig

Goodlobster

Ziggy09

Chris Taylor

The Torch

ReillyM

Properispomenon

N1mue

Dilligaf

Bradez

Jack Attack

GUnit

Moz1047

Brown Fox

Intense

Bert

Wackj

Von Cettes

Onthenose

1 Life:

Issac

Sunlineboy

Nick

Smoken Up

Crucible

Voorhees

Butch James

Catman

Redrew2000

Razorsharp

Memphis

Finn McCool

Mrs Bert

Richie

Sloop John B

Picket Form Fenceline

Puha

The Game

Hsvman

38 entries which is a good number.

With about half with alot of work to do!

Good luck for next week. Post 2nd round selections under the same 'selection' thread.

Remind him of Rule 662645265636(x)(iii), slb:

Inn mie computishin, eny barstewrad hoo ridiqueles mie youse ov tha Inglish langwidge wil bee penilizd won ov hiz lighfs...

And the Oscar for impersonating Fordman goes to...........................

And the Oscar for impersonating Fordman goes to...........................

Good retort!

In Fordie's defence, though, I have never once failed to grasp what he is trying to say ... and that, surely, is what we use language, written or oral, for!

(I can hear Teacher Torch looking at me sternly and saying 'i before e except after c' is important, Prop!')

(Torch is wrong, though, if that's his thinking. What is important is bashing our Super 14 guys so they don't appear at the bottom of Best Goalkicking Percentage charts and at the top of Crooked Lineout Throw Ins charts as I read in the Dom today...)

(I blame their teachers...)

:tongue:

Remind him of Rule 662645265636(x)(iii), slb:

Inn mie computishin, eny barstewrad hoo ridiqueles mie youse ov tha Inglish langwidge wil bee penilizd won ov hiz lighfs...

LOL.... don't forget to change your keyboard setting back big fella:D

Hurricanes CEO Greg Peters thought that Cooper had done a wonderful job during his 8 year tenure.

Wouldn't you just :heart: having Mr Peters doing your next performance review?

'Now, Colin, let's see how you fared against your core objectives...

Titles: We set you the task of winning a Super 14 in your tenure. Oooh, I see you missed out there. Ah well, it's a tough tournament, innit?

Likelihood of titles in near future: We tasked you with setting up a culture whereby the Canes would become one4 of those dynasty thingies like the SAders and the Bulls. What's that? You [u[have? Oh, you mean your base team is now perfectly poised to win in 2015. Hmmm. Can't quantify that, can I?

Crowds: You were charged with providing attacking, winning football so as to fill Westpac Stadium. Crowds are down. Gotta 'fail' you there, right? What? Oh, yes, you're right: crowds are way down cos those b*stards on TV2 played 'The Big Bang Theory' on Friday nights...

Well, that a full and frank appraisal, wasn't it? Seems to me you achieved all you possibly could. Well done...

Drink?'

Wouldn't you just :heart: having Mr Peters doing your next performance review?

'Now, Colin, let's see how you fared against your core objectives...

Titles: We set you the task of winning a Super 14 in your tenure. Oooh, I see you missed out there. Ah well, it's a tough tournament, innit?

Likelihood of titles in near future: We tasked you with setting up a culture whereby the Canes would become one4 of those dynasty thingies like the SAders and the Bulls. What's that? You [u[have? Oh, you mean your base team is now perfectly poised to win in 2015. Hmmm. Can't quantify that, can I?

Crowds: You were charged with providing attacking, winning football so as to fill Westpac Stadium. Crowds are down. Gotta 'fail' you there, right? What? Oh, yes, you're right: crowds are way down cos those b*stards on TV2 played 'The Big Bang Theory' on Friday nights...

Well, that a full and frank appraisal, wasn't it? Seems to me you achieved all you possibly could. Well done...

Drink?'

Greg Peters also was quoted as saying that the Canes failed not due to Cooper's coaching, but due to the lack of leadership shown on the field.

Well Mr G, it could be argued that the lack of on-field leadership is a reflection of your off-field leadership!

http://www.unofficial.com.au/assets/drgalleries/3019/thumb_summer-heights-high2.jpg

Had Colin Cooper been an MLB manager he would have been gone after one season.

Not his fault though, its the players. The canes remind me of a less talented version of the very successful Blues team that won so many titles.

Not his fault though, its the players.

Friday was a case in point there, slb...

Ma'a Nonu makes a break, gets pulled down just short...

Forwards pile in and it's unclear who does what...

The ref penalises Nonu (and he was the most penalised player in the tournament)...

Nonu gets up and says something.

'Bullsh*t call', if my lip-reading is up to scratch...

The Canes promptly lose another 10 metres...

This guy has been around for yonks but still hasn't learned that the likelihood of a ref saying 'Well, Ma'a, now that you mention it, it was pretty cr*p, wasn't it? Tell you what, I'll reverse the call and give you a five pointer...' is not overly great...

Ma'a Nonu makes a break, gets pulled down just short...

Forwards pile in and it's unclear who does what...

The ref penalises Nonu (and he was the most penalised player in the tournament)...

Nonu gets up and says something.

'Bullsh*t call', if my lip-reading is up to scratch...

Agree with you Prop but couple of points.

1. Whose fault is it that it is unclear what the forwards are doing. (If anything-that is Canes problem) Surely coach should have got through to them by now what they are supposed to do and what will happen if there are too many of them there.

2. Wouldn't have Nonu said "F... Ref" not "Bulls...." :D

Agree with you Prop but couple of points.

1. Whose fault is it that it is unclear what the forwards are doing. (If anything-that is Canes problem) Surely coach should have got through to them by now what they are supposed to do and what will happen if there are too many of them there.

2. Wouldn't have Nonu said "F... Ref" not "Bulls...." :D

Answering in reverse order, re 2, I spent an arvo in a TAB one Wednesday with Ma'a Nonu, Christian Cullen and Alama Ieremia (I mean I was there whilst they, separately, were there: I am not trying to claim them as, so to speak, 'rug-mates' ]1, I see the 'don't apportion blame' twaddle has now spread to the good folk at the 'Dom Post':

Today's paper has a rating (by rugby editor Tony Robson) for each Hurricane who took the field in 2010...

26 individuals are rated ... with the range being 8 (Victor Vito) down to 5 (Andre Taylor, Alapati Leiua and Scott Waldrom)

The average rating is an unbelievably-high 6.326923077...

Compare this with the team...

The Canes ran 8th out of 14. That converts to a mark of 42.85715 (out of 100)

If I were rating teams, I

Agree with you Murray although Tony does quantify his ratings with his words "teeming with talent but not always a talented team" and also "they were mainly strong as individuals and ineffective as a team". As you say you are rating the team, he is rating the individuals. Still agree with you that ratings for some players are very "generous". Think Ma'as rating at 7.5 is one example. Played very well and probably deserved a 8 or 9 at times but more often was missing in action as evidenced by him being most penalised back in the comp and also among if not the highest for missed tackles. As far as his comments to ref was concerned was just tongue in cheek comment in relation to his now infamous speech on radio.

As far as his comments to ref was concerned was just tongue in cheek comment in relation to his now infamous speech on radio.

Oh I knew that moz...

I was just saying that, in reality, he's quite a personable young man...

I am 99.9% certain that for that interview he was on a team 'dare' to say the naughty word as often as he could...

In other words, he's too close to them.

Ha, Chris...

I read out some of Robson's comments to The Boss and she said that it sounded as though the team were standing right behind him holding onto his ticket to the team's end-of-year junket until they saw what reviews he'd given each of them...

Talking of being too close to folk, what do you make of Martin Tasker and his junket of following Team New Zealand around all the yacht races? Are you like me and not expecting him to ever report along the lines of 'Well, I have never seen such a shambles. Barker stuffed the start. Again. The teamwork was sh*t to the first layline. The tactition looked as if he'd taken the day off....'

Ha, Chris...

I read out some of Robson's comments to The Boss and she said that it sounded as though the team were standing right behind him holding onto his ticket to the team's end-of-year junket until they saw what reviews he'd given each of them...

Talking of being too close to folk, what do you make of Martin Tasker and his junket of following Team New Zealand around all the yacht races? Are you like me and not expecting him to ever report along the lines of 'Well, I have never seen such a shambles. Barker stuffed the start. Again. The teamwork was sh*t to the first layline. The tactition looked as if he'd taken the day off....'

I hate yachting with a passion so I have no interest whatsoever in your second point.

As for Toby Robson, his lack of objectivity and overall poor standard of journalism is symptomatic of what you'll find in 'The Dom' on any given day.

I'll give you an example.

There have been various interview-style articles about Terry Serepisos in that paper over recent months where he talks about his days at Rongotai College.In those articles he has made the following claims.

1. That he was a member of the school First XV.

2. That after getting bored with rugby he changed to soccer and was in the First XI with Wynton Rufer.

3. That he was in the school 4x100m relay team that competed in the prestigious McEvedy Shield.

4. That he also competed in the shot-put and was a McEvedy Shield Champion.

Now those first 3 claims are total and utter rubbish, and all it needed was for the respective journalists to pick up the phone and ring the college or visit the school library themselves.

During Terry's era at Rongotai there was a Greek in the First XV, there was a Greek ( or two or three ) in the First XI and there was a Greek in the school relay team.......it just wasn't him!

As for him being a shot-put champion, he definitely was in the team for the shot-put but I can't recall exactly if he actually won the event.

all it needed was for the respective journalists to pick up the phone and ring the college or visit the school library themselves.

We're such believing folk down here, Chris...

Terry can do (and has done...) no wrong...

That nice lady who ran Immigration wouldn't have dreamt about lying about her degree, would she?

Fletchers are far too reputable a firm to flog us a stadium that leaks...

Colin Cooper will be sure to bring us a Super Rugby title if we give, oh, 7 or 8 seasons with us...

Comp results: Round 2'

2 'Lives'

Ziggy09

Bradez

Chris Taylortot

Dilligaf

Von Cettes

ReillyM

Properispomenon

Bert

Wackj

Intense

1 Life'

Moz1047

Jack Attack

The Torch

Butch James

Mr Winbig

The Game

Brown Fox

GUnit

Mrs Bert

Crucible

N1mue

Picket Form Fenceline

Redrew2000

Onthenose

Issac

Razorsharp

Gooooone.

Sunlineboy

Smoken Up

Memphis

Richie

Catman

Sloop John B

Nick

Voorhees

Hsvman

Puha

Finn McCool

We have 11 with 2 lives left but we lost 11 players as well.. Till' next time guys. Good luck to those still playing.

Some good names on top of the leaderboard.

Bert is installed as an early $4 favourite.

Bradez will think hes a $1.50 pop.

Taylor will go unnoticed, unless he pulls you up on something.

The aussie invasion looks strong and Prop""" is a steady man.

Some youngsters in there too.

Go hard.