RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Excellent Day Of Jumping

I thoroughly enjoyed jumps day at Ellerslie today. Some excellent racing over the fences. :)

Made the "Jools" look like something off "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" programme in comparison. :P

Not a bad day Steady Ted....

I thought a few races were ok....average nags going around....don't you think.?

A Turtle racing thru a pool of peanut butter would probably pass a few out there today.

As for the Jewels......It must really upset you to see what those ponies were racing for today.....compared to those harness legends last Sat. Maybe Jools.....maybe Fools for racing gallops here at the moment? What do you think.

Good to see a few of your gallops mates hop the fence and have a bit of luck Ted......Good on them. Many more will follow......

Not a bad day Steady Ted....

I thought a few races were ok....average nags going around....don't you think.?

A Turtle racing thru a pool of peanut butter would probably pass a few out there today.

As for the Jewels......It must really upset you to see what those ponies were racing for today.....compared to those harness legends last Sat. Maybe Jools.....maybe Fools for racing gallops here at the moment? What do you think.

Good to see a few of your gallops mates hop the fence and have a bit of luck Ted......Good on them. Many more will follow......

legends????,,,,thats a bit rich isnt it?please point out which of the milk cart pullers were legends,,,,,

legends????,,,,thats a bit rich isnt it?please point out which of the milk cart pullers were legends,,,,,

I would bet my left testicle that Adore Me, Isaiah, Sky Major, Venus Serena, Tiger Tara will all go on to win top races. In fact most of those mentioned would have earnt far more than most racing today...with the exception of a couple. Thing is...these horses have many years racing yet....where as those old hack jumpers etc....are nearly retired...or in a can...whatever they do with them.

Can not compare them really. Maybe a bloodstock agent might be able to give their opinion of what they are worth. Heaps.....get in the up and coming sport Fermie...

I would bet my left testicle that Adore Me, Isaiah, Sky Major, Venus Serena, Tiger Tara will all go on to win top races. In fact most of those mentioned would have earnt far more than most racing today...with the exception of a couple. Thing is...these horses have many years racing yet....where as those old hack jumpers etc....are nearly retired...or in a can...whatever they do with them.

Can not compare them really. Maybe a bloodstock agent might be able to give their opinion of what they are worth. Heaps.....get in the up and coming sport Fermie...

ive raced both and worked in the harness industry for 20 years at one stage.

up and coming horses maybe,but you said they were legends mate!!!!!!

take a pill and get real

ive raced both and worked in the harness industry for 20 years at one stage.

up and coming horses maybe,but you said they were legends mate!!!!!!

take a pill and get real

Not sure if selling 50c bags of horse poo for 20 years is working in the harness industry..... But whatever.

Why then....if you were connected to the game for 20 years....can you  not see anything positive to say about them?

I was comparing Saturdays harness...to yesterdays hacks...

Seems to me that most don't know the difference between top horses....and average nags!

The money they were racing for tells the story.

Have a lovely day Fermastic....

Not sure if selling 50c bags of horse poo for 20 years is working in the harness industry..... But whatever.

Why then....if you were connected to the game for 20 years....can you  not see anything positive to say about them?

Seems to me that most don't know the difference between top horses....and average nags!

I must agree, Jewels day was absolutely fantastic, complete with high quality horses, records, and great finishes. Yesterday's gallops certainly did not compare to that.

gypsies are thieves on wheels mate.My big fat gypsy race meeting at cambridge had horses racing against their own age didnt it?

Lets just see how they get on against all comers before you label them "legends".

gypsies are thieves on wheels mate.My big fat gypsy race meeting at cambridge had horses racing against their own age didnt it?

Lets just see how they get on against all comers before you label them "legends".

That's a bit harsh....

They were the best of their age group were they not.?

Surely you must see that a few of those that lined up on Saturday will head to better things....Connections of Adore Me have stated that the NZ cup is on their radar. This mare could quite possibly turn out to be the best mare ever in NZ.....the best I have seen in many years.

Others that raced on Saturday will go on to better things as well.

That's what I was comparing ....You couldn't say  yesterday that there were too many standout up and comers could you? Maybe if you named them....it would make it more clear.

I thoroughly enjoyed jumps day at Ellerslie today. Some excellent racing over the fences. :)

Made the "Jools" look like something off "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" programme in comparison. :P

Can you not just comment on how much you enjoyed the jumps racing without putting down another code?  It doesn't really add anything except suggest to people you may be a little jealous.

Hard to believe you genuinely enjoyed yesterday's jumps more than the Jewels but each to their own.

That's a bit harsh....

They were the best of their age group were they not.?

Surely you must see that a few of those that lined up on Saturday will head to better things....Connections of Adore Me have stated that the NZ cup is on their radar. This mare could quite possibly turn out to be the best mare ever in NZ.....the best I have seen in many years.

Others that raced on Saturday will go on to better things as well.

That's what I was comparing ....You couldn't say  yesterday that there were too many standout up and comers could you? Maybe if you named them....it would make it more clear.

harsh?? no.realistic?? yes. you said they were legends mate,which is clearly wrong. one day??maybe??

What has happened to Kayla Veenendaal? She really burst on to the scene in the last couple

of seasons but I haven't seen her this year.

Seems to me that all the girls have disappeared this jumping season?

Hard to believe you genuinely enjoyed yesterday's jumps more than the Jewels but each to their own.

As a spectacle the jumping Ellerslie was far superior, especially watching the magnifent jumping over the live fences in the course centre and on the hill and after racing over long distances very close finishes.

Compare that to watching fat men in carts getting pulled twice around a saucer in under 2 minutes.  :(

I wouldn't walk across the road to watch the Jewels but would walk ten miles on stony ground to watch yesterday's jumping. What ever floats your boat I guess. :)    

As a spectacle the jumping Ellerslie was far superior, especially watching the magnifent jumping over the live fences in the course centre and on the hill and after racing over long distances very close finishes.

Compare that to watching fat men in carts getting pulled twice around a saucer in under 2 minutes.  :(

I wouldn't walk across the road to watch the Jewels but would walk ten miles on stony ground to watch yesterday's jumping. What ever floats your boat I guess. :)    

My Dad owned a good jumper many years ago and I always enjoyed the jumps racing back then.  I feel these days that there are more 'bad' jumpers going around - referring to hurdles more than steeples.  I don't mean that in a derogatory way, but every time I watch a hurdles race there seems to be one or two (if not more) who chance more fences than not.

My memory may not quite be accurate but I remember the jumps racing from 20 years ago being run at a slower pace and with more measured jumping than the way they attack the hurdles these days.       

Harness racing is simply awful and in no way should thoroughbred racing have been tarnished by having to share the same stage on a sacrosanct Saturday.

Just stay with the normal after dark where less people can see the shenanigans or Sundays where folk can cleanse themselves at church before they partake.

Any sport that requires a horse to wear more gear than Aunt Flora's B&D in Cambridge's red light district has to be suss.

People can say what they like re Ellierslie but theres nothing better than watching good jumpers jump real Brushes , the climb up the hill finds a few out  , all in all a great spectacle

People can say what they like re Ellierslie but theres nothing better than watching good jumpers jump real Brushes , the climb up the hill finds a few out  , all in all a great spectacle

I agree in part.....

I love watching the jumping racing anywhere in NZ.

But the crop of jumpers we have racing at the moment are fairly average, with the exception of a couple. But overall.....bad.

That shows that nobody wants to spend the time and money on jumpers anymore...for so little return.

They are poor turnover races....greens want them banned....and trainers and owners are giving up on them. How long will they be racing over fences? I doubt not too long....and if they do continue....there wont be many races each year will there?

Not surprising that Ted loved the Monday racing with old hacks.....but wont give the time of day to the best harness horses in NZ.  Some people will never change....we know that...Real good that some great gallops owners and trainers are having fun and winning with the harness code.....good on them. Wish them all the luck.