RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pottsie

Crusaders - Top Performnace

Great win last night, especially good seeing some of their stars actually showing their class. You would have to admit, until last week some were underachieving.

I just want to make a big plug for their hooker, Ti'i Paulo. He's one of the most promising hookers I have seen for a while, and he can throw ball into lineout straight consistantly, more than we can say about present All Blacks. No problem if he made All Blacks this year.

Cheers

Pottsy

Yes, I wonder how much they paid Bryce Lawrence. 50k? 100K?

Feel a bit sorry for George Smith, that his last game in Australasia had to be a game the Brumbies could not win right from the start.

Yes, I wonder how much they paid Bryce Lawrence. 50k? 100K?

Feel a bit sorry for George Smith, that his last game in Australasia had to be a game the Brumbies could not win right from the start.

Bryce Lawrence is in one of the FEW referee's that actually understand scrums and I take my hat off to him for the way he policed them last night.

There are two things you have to understand first of all. The first is that the Crusaders have a powerful and technically correct scrum, whereas the Brumbies do not. The second is the scrum laws themselves.They are very clear. The props HAVE to have their shoulders above the level of their hips when the scrums engage. Too many refs don't police that particular law adequately and THAT is why there are so many reset scrums.

The Crusaders had an

obvious advantage at scrum time so why shouldn't that be rewarded? And because of the Brumbies poor scrum technique, they got penalised time and time again....as they damn well should have been.

As a consequence the game flowed nicely.....no 5 minute waits for a blimmin scrum to go down just because the ref doesn't know what he's doing.

Bryce Lawrence = Champion Ref!

Yes quite right CT.

During the week they were talking up the prospects of Ma'afu as a wallaby.Well I hope they pick him for the Bledisloe games at least as he would be a great player for us.

With all the oz props going down they might have to resort to Polynesian doormen from the Gold Coast again

Yes quite right CT.

During the week they were talking up the prospects of Ma'afu as a wallaby.Well I hope they pick him for the Bledisloe games at least as he would be a great player for us.

With all the oz props going down they might have to resort to Polynesian doormen from the Gold Coast again

Tatafu Polota-Nau, the Waratahs hooker, now that lad can scrummage!

The role of the hooker at scrumtime is often overlooked but he had a huge part to play in the scrum dominance the Tahs had last night, particularly after Hore left the field.

I would say that young Dane Coles learnt a great deal last night.

Speaking of Coles, the Canes only arrived back in Wgtn late this morning but he went straight to Kilbirnie Park and played the 2nd half for his club side Poneke.....a good, keen club man!

Ha, I remember that Next Big Thing from Queensland, Memphis, the 20 stone Tongan they nicknamed 'Rodzilla'...

A big hunk in scrums but next to useless in any other facet of play. You could see him about 10 minutes into each game with a 'I have to run to the next scrum? Why can't they come to me?'

He went to France last year but haven't heard of him since...