RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lecithin

TAB Football World Cup promotion

I see the TAB are offering $5M to anyone who can correctly pick the outcome of every game in the Football World Cup.  Good luck to everyone with that - I might be wrong but by my calculations the odds of picking this are around 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 / 1 or around the same odds as the same 6 winning numbers being drawn in lotto for 5 weeks in a row! 

Yes exactly - virtually impossible.  I'd be surprised if anyone was still alive after the first round of pool games (16 games).  

Quite clever by the TAB because seems generous to the average punter who doesn't know a lot about probability, yet no way the TAB will have to fork out the $5m.

Good call. And of approx 30 million entries in the March Madness comp nobody made it intact past 23 games I think.

And those results are binary - win or lose. Here you have the added factor of a draw.

Amazing the number of fools who will throw their money away - TAB says "Thanks, Mugs"

Just goes to show that complete ignorance is no deterrant to making a dumb contribution, eh Eljay?!