RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Tavistock

10 winners from 31 starters and three stakes winners, great timing for those with yearlings selling at karaka, good luck and well done to all of you.

Sir Patrick and the team at Cambridge looks like you have done it again, well deserved I am sure.

EsquireNZ

Yes it seems strange Cambridge has so few Tavistocks at the sales. Maybe they have a change of plan in mind eg. we could see a few more at the Ready to Run Sale. The Tavistocks did not sell that well last year (ie. they sold but not great prices for many of them)

Also they maybe trying to give the Cape Blanco's a "free run" at the sales

It's all about what happened two years ago when the mares were mated. As Cape Blanco was the new kid on the bloke the majority of the mares would have gone to him to give him the best possible start, therefore Tavistock is subsequently lacking numbers.

Insider

I  think you could be right from Cambridge Stud's point of view. Maybe in the 2012 breeding season there were more outside mares going to Tavisock.

For interest here are the figures :

Tavistock                                                                     Cape Blanco

2010  127 mares covered  86 ( live foals)

2011   94   (74 )

2012   82   (54)                                                    2012    135  (94)

2013   105                                                           2013     74

Sales entries for Tavistock ( for all vendors

2014       Premier   5        Select  17

2015      Priemier   4        Select   9     

I wish they'd just stop pfaffing around and say the stud fee - seen three articles on this i.e. Tavistocks stats fee to be set, Tavistocks fee soon to be announced, Tavistock Group 1 on eve of fee announcement........Helloooo whats the fee???

Fair value at the moment. If he can get another quality colt or filly winning in Aust in the near future it will be real good value. However if it doesn't happen then the new fee will end up looking average value.

In my opinion the fee has been set perfect for the moment.

Isn't it interesting that has fee is back up to near where his initial fee was set i.e. I think $12.500 , he has now proven himself and he costs $2.500 more to go to than when he didn't even have a foal on the ground. Fashion is an interesting thing.

I wish to second Insider's recent post by congratulating Berri and his sound judgement. With the deeds of VSB and Werther, I am sure the Aussies will be lining up come next years sales to buy the Tavistocks.

Also congratulations to Sir Patrick for displaying his sound judgement yet again.

I wish to congratulate Berri on his judgement on Tavistock. Well done.

I also want to congratulate Berri on his comments on a particular 'American dirt' pedigree stallion at stud in NZ and his chances. Looks like Berri has proved himself correct on that call.

Berri dones give a very good description on type.