RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Tavistock

A couple of interesting runners by Tavistock making their debuts tomorrow in a 2yo race at R1 Packenham one out of NZ Oaks winner She's Country and the other breed on the same cross as Hasselhoof.

Wow, the performance of Tarzino at Caulfield on Saturday was super impressive. Drew the outside stall over 1600 metres and dropped to last early in the running. Then made a forward move from about the 600 and won easing down. This horse must be a big show in The VRC Derby. He is bred on what is becoming the dream cross of Tavistock out of a Zabeel mare.

Tarzino is only a 3 year old currently Berzerk and both Werther and Hasslehoof (unbeaten)  will get better with age.

Time will tell but I note many of the sceptics about Tavistock have gone quiet and I also prefer to be guided by Sir Patrick

I have just reread this thread. Berri, you are to be congratulated on what's happened over the last six months. In fact most of you seem to have got it right on Tavistock.

And the roll continues. No stopping it now. 

I remain a sceptical.  I see too many slow ones at barrier trials.

You can be as sceptical as you like but you may well miss the bus.

31 winners thus far from 61 first crop runners is a sign of a very superior stallion. Add in 2 high class SW's (both G! performers in OZ) 2 other SW's and you have the makings of a top line sire. At this point he is probably outperforming High Chaparral.

The person that bought Tavistock in the first place ,trained and raced him for the syndicate then saw him sold to Patrick,now buys his progeny for the syndicate.

Me thinks,in fact me knows, that they know he will produce top horses given the right crosses. To say they are pumped so far would be an understatement.

Sceptics be damned, you obviously don't know what end of a horse to feed a carrot to .

You can be as sceptical as you like but you may well miss the bus.

31 winners thus far from 61 first crop runners is a sign of a very superior stallion. Add in 2 high class SW's (both G! performers in OZ) 2 other SW's and you have the makings of a top line sire. At this point he is probably outperforming High Chaparral.

Arion has High Chap's first SH crop - 84 runners, 63 winners, 8 stakes winners of 33 stakes races

WOW! I see the Lotto breeders are out in FORCE!

Despite the progeny stats and the Time Form ratings that are available for all and sundry to see - the spin, spin, spin continues; that only the foolish of yesteryear would believe because they don't goggle all the available information out there!

All the world class trainers in Aussie along with the NZ trainers, bloodstock agents and breeders in NZ without prejudice would DEFINATELY know what end of a horse to feed a carrot to - they certainly haven't been lining up to buy the Tavistocks!

High Chaparral left So You Think, Monacul Consul, Shoot Out and Descarado from His 1st Crop. Anyone who thinks Tavistock is outperforming High Chaparral because of VSB in a very average crop of 3YOs or Werther beating a small field of veterans in Brissie = High Class, really are delusional! :P

Zabeel(God Bless) is what is the making of the Tavistocks as 3YOs.  And now the 1st Crop are racing with the "Big Boys"  - Tavistock who??? Can't argue with race results!

Sceptical? Yeah Nah - just REALISTIC!

Welcome back Mrs Ed. Finally you have found something to cling onto because Fitzy made comparisons with High Chaparral. Yes High Chaparral made a great start and I rate So You Think as one of the best I have  seen race.

However, the fact remains that Tavistock has made an outstanding start and there is more to come. Just sit back and enjoy or if you wish, continue to be bitter.

Welcome back Mrs Ed. Finally you have found something to cling onto because Fitzy made comparisons with High Chaparral. Yes High Chaparral made a great start and I rate So You Think as one of the best I have  seen race.

However, the fact remains that Tavistock has made an outstanding start and there is more to come. Just sit back and enjoy or if you wish, continue to be bitter.

Bitter about mediocrity? The delusions of grandeur continue from the Lotto brigade!

The fact that is known and will be reflected at Karaka 2016 is that Tavistock 3YOs' made an imprerssion during the weakest crop of 3YOs in 20 years!

There was no point arguing with the Lotto brigade until the Tavistock's stepped out of "age group racing" and against the big boys.  The results, are as expected: How is VSB going against the big boys? Why is Hasslehoof still racing in the lower grade NZ Class races - it's not like the owners can't afford to put it on a plane to race in Aussie? I'm still waiting to be "Gobsmacked" about the Gloaming Stakes starter? The bubbles keep bursting as reality sets in after all the spin, spin SPIN! The cream always rises to the top with RACE RESULTS and Time Form Ratings - y'know, the cold hard, facts that SPIN can't buy :P

Dal Cielo(Per Incanto) went super in Melbourne, Mongolian Khan keeps progressing impressively(oops TAS bred)... the Savabeel's continue to run well in Australia with the very unlucky G1 winner Pasadena's Girl etc etc etc... so yes I do enjoy the success of the quality NZ based stallions :)

Edited by Mrs.Ed