RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Questions for the Minister of Racing

Sometimes no Racing experience is a good thing.

Take John Allen, none at all, yet he seems to have got to the core issues and is looking like he is going to do something about them.

No baggage, no kowtowing to anyone in the industry, the only person pulling his strings is the Minister of Racing.

He is there to do a job, then move on to his next appointment as I can't see him being a long term Racing Board CEO.

So in that particular case the lack of Racing history has worked well

Hey Hesi - evidence for your glowing claims with respect to Mr Allen?  I could well have have missed something in dispatches ...

Cheers

Jess

Questions for Mr Guy?

1.  What's you name?

2.  What year is it?

3.  Where are you?

3.  On what part of a horse would you find a mane?

4.  Speak on the topic of NZ Racing intelligently-for 5 minutes (without reference to autocue, speech writer or ministerial adviser)

5.  Speak on any topic whatsoever intelligently for more than 10 seconds (NB: autonomic audible responses such as sneezes, hiccups or burps will not qualify)

6   DId you notice anything unusual about the numbering of these questions Mr Guy?

7.  What is you name again (trick question - checking for consistency of message - but plse note the hint provided courtesy of question 6 ...)

Sometimes no Racing experience is a good thing.

Take John Allen, none at all, yet he seems to have got to the core issues and is looking like he is going to do something about them.

No baggage, no kowtowing to anyone in the industry, the only person pulling his strings is the Minister of Racing.

He is there to do a job, then move on to his next appointment as I can't see him being a long term Racing Board CEO.

So in that particular case the lack of Racing history has worked well

Does that mean that he will soon do something about all of these horses running around for a pathetic $7000 in total prize money?

You make a good point Hesi.  I haven't heard or seen John Allen comment on Leakage.  What sort of an idiot would think you might be able to make people believe that New Zealanders are betting over $800,000 per day on New Zealand races and sports with overseas agencies?

Cubemeister would never drag up an old thread ...

But....

Happy New Year Minister .

Cubes has never seen you , or been in the same room , as your Worshipfulness is obviously too busy to ever venture South .

But Cubity is magnamomous.....

See you 'round the traps in '16 Minister....

A Government never appoints a passionate racing person to the position Minister for Racing. Either non racing people are the only ones who become MPs or anyone that does follow racing like we do just don't get appointed. You know a Government isn't interested in helping your industry when they appoint a bunny to the position. Clubs tend to invite Government ministers and racing officialdom out on their big days. I know Trentham host a number of the Petone crew during their carnival, personally I would say pay at the gate like everyone else. Same with the Prime Minister and his Racing Minister. Why showcase a top day to these people who don't tend to deserve the fun and excitement. John Allan needs to identify the right Minister for the Racing Minister position and hound the Prime Minister publically and privately until that person is appoointed. 

18 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

Please list your achievements as minister of racing.

I thought so.

Unfortunately as a newcomer to this site, I have today, posted my reply from the Minister of Racing  under the Heading, TAB monopoly must go.

This approach is not going to deliver any result , it's perfectly obvious that there is a need to make some fundamental and radical changes to the way the racing industry is currently operating so the only question at this point is what and how. Could I suggest that the industry approach an independent party and commission them with the task of establishing a report on the current state of the industry , and with the aid of elected industry representatives establish how it moves ahead on this with particular emphasis on how the industry interacts with the Minister of Racing to facilitate support from the govt.

Unfortunately we live in times where life saving medication and surgery is having to be " rationed " , unemployment and poverty are creating a major problem for the future , whole towns are becoming ghostlike and irrellevant and many industries will shed thousands of jobs with technology and labour saving changes in the next few years.......... so some squeaking wheels who are running on discrectionary $'s have a difficult task.

IMO the greatest need is at the club level and the interaction with the TAB who are essentially acting like Bott's on the neck of the horse and obviously the conduit is the Minister. Trying to watch Woodstock while I type this,

37 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Unfortunately we live in times where life saving medication and surgery is having to be " rationed " , unemployment and poverty are creating a major problem for the future , whole towns are becoming ghostlike and irrellevant and many industries will shed thousands of jobs with technology and labour saving changes in the next few years.......... so some squeaking wheels who are running on discrectionary $'s have a difficult task.

IMO the greatest need is at the club level and the interaction with the TAB who are essentially acting like Bott's on the neck of the horse and obviously the conduit is the Minister. Trying to watch Woodstock while I type this,

Life saving Medication and surgery have always been rationed, they happen a lot more today than at any time in the past, our unemployment rate is 10th lowest in the OECD and is lower than Australia's, the UK, & USA, & is lower than the average it has been since 1985. the Technology sheding jobs scaremongeing has been around for 100yrs and has failed to eventuate.

You have fallen into the trap that many do with the constant beating on the media do about how we shouldn't enjoy ourselves because someone doesn't have what we do, across the road or around the world. Govt's function is to cater for all its people & not just those who are less fortunate, remember the very people who work their arse off day in day out to fund all of this have as much right to a slice of the pie. People in the racing game work long hours and many 7 days a week & know doubt pay big taxes as well & have as much right to be looked after as America's Cup, The All Blacks, Many in the Arts, Radio, TV, etc.

Well here at Cube Central (lifestyle block/hobby farm in Canterbury )  it is blowing a gale and it is going to get freezing and we are pretty sure the lambs are about to arrive(8 ewes...Merino Cross +South Suffolk) and one year Mrs Cubes made Cubes go get them (the lambs) and bottle feed them in the laundry all night .

So what better time than to drag up an old thread and pose some new questions (Today's date = Sept 7th 2016) for our stellar Minister of Racing :

#1...Cubity went to all three days of the recent Grand National Carnival at Riccarton and has for years  gone to every NZ Cup carnival day (for a decade at least) since retiring from Wall Street and goes all the time to Rangiora , Ashburton , Timaru etc (blah , blah , blah) and has never seen you .The Cubemeister can be identified as the rotund fellow wearing the sombrero and eyepatch .What bar do you hang out in so as Cubinator could catch up for a quick cleanser ?

#2...Cubes is unsure if we will vote Conservative Party again this time around .Seriously .(Question within a question : How do you Blues supporting ,triple shot soy latte sipping  Auckland persons come up with such great politicians and mayors ?) . Anywhooo......So it is either the Green Party or for your lot .What have you done that is not a talkfest that could get Cubes , Mrs Cubes and Dodecahedron to support you as opposed to petitioning the PM to give the New Zealand Thoroughbred stakeholders someone that gives a toss ?

#3....Cubes is sure you are a good bloke and nothing here is personal . Just a frustrated Cubiod having a rant .Does that count as a question ?

#4....Dear Minister....please attend more (some) race meetings and meet industry participants at grass root levels . Maybe wear a name badge so peoples will know who you are . ? .

2 hours ago, Cubes said:

Well here at Cube Central (lifestyle block/hobby farm in Canterbury )  it is blowing a gale and it is going to get freezing and we are pretty sure the lambs are about to arrive(8 ewes...Merino Cross +South Suffolk) and one year Mrs Cubes made Cubes go get them (the lambs) and bottle feed them in the laundry all night .

So what better time than to drag up an old thread and pose some new questions (Today's date = Sept 7th 2016) for our stellar Minister of Racing :

#1...Cubity went to all three days of the recent Grand National Carnival at Riccarton and has for years  gone to every NZ Cup carnival day (for a decade at least) since retiring from Wall Street and goes all the time to Rangiora , Ashburton , Timaru etc (blah , blah , blah) and has never seen you .The Cubemeister can be identified as the rotund fellow wearing the sombrero and eyepatch .What bar do you hang out in so as Cubinator could catch up for a quick cleanser ?

#2...Cubes is unsure if we will vote Conservative Party again this time around .Seriously .(Question within a question : How do you Blues supporting ,triple shot soy latte sipping  Auckland persons come up with such great politicians and mayors ?) . Anywhooo......So it is either the Green Party or for your lot .What have you done that is not a talkfest that could get Cubes , Mrs Cubes and Dodecahedron to support you as opposed to petitioning the PM to give the New Zealand Thoroughbred stakeholders someone that gives a toss ?

#3....Cubes is sure you are a good bloke and nothing here is personal . Just a frustrated Cubiod having a rant .Does that count as a question ?

#4....Dear Minister....please attend more (some) race meetings and meet industry participants at grass root levels . Maybe wear a name badge so peoples will know who you are . ? .

Hope the shyte weather has passed through by Nov 12th Cubes as I have just purchased my outrageously-priced tickets for the occasion! At least I am looking forward to being immersed in a genuine crowd atmosphere that hasn't been seen at Ellerslie since the days of Blue Blood, Ben Lomond and Shifnal Chief.

As for #2--I too parked the Silverado with the Conservative camp last election. Poor Colin now having his innermost thoughts disseminated through the media after he had made a "confidential" settlement. Ah well, sounds as though Ms MacGregor's reciprocity, or otherwise, may be spilled by the skinny one's "beak". As for Auckland cornering the market for political under-performers, you would need to ask Bevan and Rachel to confirm the veracity of your assumption of inadequacy.

18 hours ago, Cubes said:

Hope the Cubemeister and brood survived the night.....rough it was....160km gales, rain, hail, snow this morning......

Quietened down a bit now, just have to go out and see how much crap we have to pick up......:o

Could be worse Ohokaman, you could be sitting in Wellington airport watching the planes rocking and the massive waves rolling in.

Ive texted the missus and given instructions on what I want done with our champion if I don't make it back to Auckland. :huh:

1 hour ago, Catalano said:

Could be worse Ohokaman, you could be sitting in Wellington airport watching the planes rocking and the massive waves rolling in.

Ive texted the missus and given instructions on what I want done with our champion if I don't make it back to Auckland. :huh:

Hard to know which would be worse. Sitting in Wellington watching the wind or the thought of having to go back to Auckland? Sounds like a nightmare.

No one , and Cubes means NO-ONE , drags up a tired ol' thread more than the Cubemeister.....

But Cubity likes the title of the aforementioned topic and thereforth has  3 Questions for our new Minister of Racing...

1. Is your name  Mr Winston Peters ?

2 . Do you want to come and visit Chch for NZ Cup Day on Nov 18th 2017 ?

3 . Who do you fancy in the last @ Ashvegas tomorrow ?

4 . Mrs Cubes wants to know how much she should spend on a new fascinator this spring .Your thoughts ?

Any other 'Cafers with questions out there in internetland for the new boss .......

2 hours ago, hesi said:

Probably not, and probably not the NZ First Associate spokesman on Racing, Clayton Mitchell.

I doubt NZ First would waste one of their 4 Ministers or Under Secretary on lowly Racing.

That leaves the Labour spokes person Kris Faafoi, who is a minister outside Cabinet.

The nightmare situation of course, would be giving it to one of the Greens.

Winston has a responsibility to many people that voted for him under the pretence he is going in too bat for the racing industry . If he doesn't his skin is even thicker than I thought it was.

On ‎8‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, Ohokaman said:

You think that's bad Leggy.....I have the good missus trying to persuade me to move North "to be closer to family"...

My response "That's why we're here..." didn't seem to go down too well.......:rolleyes:

I have been through all that too .I had a good job opportunity in Auckland 10 years ago but Missus said she hates big citys and didn't want to go.Daughter now living up there and now my good lady wants to move up.Just as I got my retirement job.