RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

CD starting gates

Still waiting for the post where you said you brought this issue up last Sat and got pilloried for it.

Or was this not the case as I suggested.

And making the comment regarding the stipes report in comic form is not a good way to build bridges. :rolleyes:

I apologise Traka.The comments were made a fortnight ago on the Manual Starts thread not last week.My mistake.We all want a better deal for racing Traka! I withdraw my comments about comic form.Just a tongue in cheek reference to one of the two year olds withdrawn who is named after an English comic strip character!

Yesterday was a Premier day at Hastings.A number of first time racegoers would have been in attendance.They would have placed a bet on the first race.Two gates opened slowly.This is their first impression of live racing.If they had backed a placegetter they would have got a scaled down dividend!Not a great second impression!

This is a joke and needs to be addressed immediately.

It is reported that a late scratching costs the industry 13k,we have had a half dozen or so in the last month.What does this do the profile of our product.One week we have the the RIU saying this is a club matter and then the following week say they are going to look into the matter.

The West Coast of the SI paid 100k for a set of 12 stalls,THAT CAN BE TRANSPORTED around meeting to meeting.The 4 clubs paid for the stalls themselves and had NO financial support from the NZRB or NZTR They were forced into this action because i am told the CJC has refused the clubs to use there gates.Now these clubs race on one day a year,so if they can do why the hell can't RACE???

Now we are told that another junket is being arranged to Paris.I was told that the last junket cost the Industry 40k plus when they went to Hong Kong.

These junkets must be stopped and the infrastructure that is so important to our product must be addressed NOW.

Did GP and his band of merry followers pay the training fees and float fees for the horses that were late scratched due to the continuing problem with the gates?I will say NO but they continue down this Road of Destruction of our Industry.

To be fair Midget, I think the cost is $13,000 of turnover so about $2500. That however, as you point out, is only the direct cost. The continued flight of punters to events other than NZTR product is the bigger worry for mine. Persistence with antique infrastructure, particularly crap tracks and gates that are almost as dysfunctional as the NZTR board and management themselves, only accelerates this.

In the meantime, the plonkers are poncing about the country, dismissing critique and feedback, proclaiming how clever they are to have achieved almost 40% of their KPIs (which are mostly stupid anyway and some so stupid they are measuring the opposite of the effect of the strategy they purport to measure). Nevermind that, the KPIs they should be measuring are revenue produced by NZTR product which in real terms is declining at an accelerating rate in the three years they have been screwing the industry. To make matters worse, code share, upon which s16 distributions are based, is falling as well. That is a direct result of the failure to address such basic requirements of tracks and gates mentioned above.

Evidently, they are also hyping stakes increases, which for 2/3 of starters and their owners is non-existent, in fact, negative in real terms. Worse, they are unsustainable with falling code share and falling RB payments, and entirely reliant on inwards leakage from sports, pokies, and overseas racing and other events.

Now you say they are off on yet another junket to the Arc. For what, may I ask?

INDUSTRY INTEGRITY

Jockey wears unapproved gear = fined.

Jockey overweight = fined.

Trainer presents horse with wrong gear = fined.

Trainer late declaring jockey = fined.

Club deliberately waters track unevenly = yawn.  Club not fined.

Club uses stalls unfit for purpose = yawn.  Club not fined.  No automatic recompense to owners.

Here we go again.Ruakaka Race 2.Gates11/12 very slow to open.Indian Giva and Who's Queen will be late scratched.Deductions again! Float trips from Pukekohe for both runners wasted.What next?

Guest 2Admin2

It's alright our three reps in Paris will find a solution - somewhere between the champagne and fois gras

3.10 p.m. today on Trackside Radio Tom Wood editoriaising on the woeful state of our starting stalls.Supreme irony-NEW Running Rail in use there today.Earth to Traka-where are you?!

15% Final Field deduction for winner Sardaaj.This situation is making Fawlty Towers look like a serious documentary!

on a lighter note maby we should give these starting gates a jolly good thrashing

Here we go again.Ruakaka Race 2.Gates11/12 very slow to open.Indian Giva and Who's Queen will be late scratched.Deductions again! Float trips from Pukekohe for both runners wasted.What next?

check out where the stalls were.

the official time is 1min 10secs but was more like 1min 6 secs so the stalls werent even at the 1200m.