RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Was Mahanadi schooled over steeples?

And you obviously haven't read the whole thread Centrofold as there was an explanation above as to why Mahanadi started a warm favourite.

No, he didn't jump through them like a lazy jumper as you correctly point out, he jumped like a horse who had never seen a fence before, slowing up and jumping skyward. I was surprised that Daniel Miller didn't pull him up but I suppose he continued on to give the horse some jumping experience (he says tongue in cheek).

The media do it week in week out talk up a horses chances and make it a false Fav.Surely a first start in a open steeple was going to be a major risk.

I think with K myers not talking to trackside etc people start looking for something that most likely didn't happen and that was a set up.

Quite simply the Fav  ran a shocker and the winner improved with racing.

He may not be talking to Trackside but he's certainly talking to newspaper journalists.

Quoted on several of his horses yesterday, mainly Scapolo behind aimed at the Stradbroke if he won or went well.

Weight might decide that decision. Too much for him yesterday in that bog.

And you obviously haven't read the whole thread Centrofold as there was an explanation above as to why Mahanadi started a warm favourite.

No, he didn't jump through them like a lazy jumper as you correctly point out, he jumped like a horse who had never seen a fence before, slowing up and jumping skyward. I was surprised that Daniel Miller didn't pull him up but I suppose he continued on to give the horse some jumping experience (he says tongue in cheek).

I did read the explanation rdytdy - I just didn't take it as gospel as to why the horse would win the race.

From The Informant yesterday:

"When The Informant spoke to Myers earlier in the week, he expressed his confidence in Mahanadi's readiness to step up to the bigger fences.

"He's fit and he's had heaps of practice.....he shouldn't have any problems with those fences up there," Myers said.

It was also publicised earlier today that when the Myers team arrived at Te Rapa yesterday, Mahanadi was given a sighter over the infield steeplechase fences, apparently showing no signs of what came to pass today."

Kevin Myers has an outstanding strike rate year in, year out,and if he does what most of you think he does on a regular basis,that would not be the case.

Also, to think that he could engineer a result over 4000m steeples is a joke.

His horse did a great job to win and they should be congratulated.

For a steepler or hurdler to improve 40 lengths on its first up run is not that unusual,and as far as his other horse goes, it had a bad day they can do that.

So what if he does not do the media that others think is a requirement,he is entitled and he is very good at his job.

Dont know him but one day I might even give him a horse to train.

I actually think it's unusual for people to have a crack at Myers. Most people really respect the man and his often slightly unusual approach to placing horses etc.

As a ChCh resident I have long enjoyed heading to Riccarton and usually backing his horses with good results.

So I like him.

But yesterday was a bad look pure and simple and it should at least prompt stipe review.

The quote in The Informant gave very real reason for a punter to seriously consider the horse was a big show. This is especially true when you consider who the trainer was! He has a great history of unusual preps etc coming off with horses.

So saying punters were stupid backing it or sending it out fav, makes no more sense than saying the race was set up for the other stable runner.

And in closing this was a case of a very good horse never ever being in touch with the field - maiden jumper or not it was a terrible look.

The problem maybe with Mahanadi is that he may have schooled over the Te Rapa fences the day before with a partner which is a lot different to jumping the big fences on your own. No doubt the idea was to settle the horse back so as that he would see the distance out but ended up own his own with no horse beside him take him into the bigger fences. No doubt Dummy and his staff would have learnt a lot from the horses experience yesterday.

My question is had Mahanadi had led or was in the body of the field through out and put a bad jump at the 1000 mtrs and lost ground from there and finished last and still Palemo won as he he did would we be getting all this crap from the posters above

Could the horse that schooled over a few fences the day before be a ring in ?

The problem maybe with Mahanadi is that he may have schooled over the Te Rapa fences the day before with a partner which is a lot different to jumping the big fences on your own. No doubt the idea was to settle the horse back so as that he would see the distance out but ended up own his own with no horse beside him take him into the bigger fences. No doubt Dummy and his staff would have learnt a lot from the horses experience yesterday.

My question is had Mahanadi had led or was in the body of the field through out and put a bad jump at the 1000 mtrs and lost ground from there and finished last and still Palemo won as he he did would we be getting all this crap from the posters above

So maybe from now on, with horses being herd animals, there will be a restriction on jockeys breaking up the field until the horses feel secure enough to be on their own to jump an obstacle--remember this beast has already jumped hundreds of jumps in races, with and without a "buddy". The stable rep's assertion that it jumped badly because it was lonely is absolute tosh!

Paul nelson another trainer in the same race with two horses ,was interviewed by trackside prior to the race was hesitant to say which was the better chance because in the past he has tipped one and the other almost always won.

They laughed about it,because horses can do that, make you look foolish.

But,of course because Myers has been given this reputation,his actions are supposed to be sinister while others can go on TV tip the wrong horse and laugh about it,no wonder he wont do interviews,you guys would have burnt him at the stake.

So maybe from now on, with horses being herd animals, there will be a restriction on jockeys breaking up the field until the horses feel secure enough to be on their own to jump an obstacle--remember this beast has already jumped hundreds of jumps in races, with and without a "buddy". The stable rep's assertion that it jumped badly because it was lonely is absolute tosh!

You are certainly talking tosh there Chevy50 taking your rationale Mahanadi should be able to win the Telegraph remember he's had plenty of races and been through the starting stalls plenty of times and you don't take any notice of what the stable reps says when she said he would be better placed on heavier ground.

You haven't proffered a response to the second part of my first posting. I would love to know your view.

I still can't believe anyone is defending Kevin Myers over Stacey Jones-gate.  That was an admitted, deliberate lie, done to mislead punters for the personal financial profit of the owner - punters being a group who contribute a huge amount of the financial input which keeps the industry viable.    

To suggest that he's been burnt at the stake is quite unbelievable to me.  Why anyone would believe a word to come out of the guy's mouth is astounding... I don't know why anyone would want to hear his views on the tele anyway.  Any supposed mis-treatment or negative inferences made about the guy's ethics or moral fibre have been brought on by his own actions so he can just suck it up, in my humble opinion.

What a load of crap this is....in my humble opinion.

What a load of crap this is....in my humble opinion.

What's your excuse for what he did?

You should feel free to offer an alternate point of view rather than just saying other people's opinions are crap.

The tosh I am alluding to is Rathbone's statement to the stewards that the horse jumps better "in company" -and therefore the implication is that it's dismal performance could be due to loneliness. All the stipes have to do to debunk this rubbish they swallow week after week is have a look at how many times the horse jumped perfectly when on it's own in a previous races. We are talking about his ability to jump fences, not get out of the gates so the Telegraph issue is invalid.

As for the second part of your statement--I would not have a problem if the horse raced generously for a period, blundered at a fence and then drifted out of the race EXCEPT for the fact that his despised stable-mate improved 40 lengths in a week!

Just to show how biased you are against Dummy read what you have just written in answering the second part of my previous post.because here is the stipe comment of Palemo's form details. "Stipe Comment: Hit the fence passing 1000m with a round to go and lost ground."

Surely now you would have no problem with the despised PALEMO winning.. eh Chevy do your homework first before posting.

Yeah, nasty rotten TAB, deliberately creating false favourites ... Rambler

It's not the punters that make a horse the favourite, it's the TAB and they stole it all. Sunlineboy

That is one of the more stupid things you have said in here.

....looked to be a little sarcasm in reply to the rambler scoob...I hope

What's your excuse for what he did?

You should feel free to offer an alternate point of view rather than just saying other people's opinions are crap.

This has been covered ad infinitum on here......suggest you catch up with the relevant threads.