RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Was Mahanadi schooled over steeples?

That was one ugly display of jumping.I am guessing that the stipes will be asking the stable some hard questions after he took a lot of punter's money.Won't be surprised if he comes out in his next Steeplechase start and blows them away,with a 'miraculous' display.

The winner improved 40 LENGTHS in a week. The grin on the jock's face told the story. Just remind me where the Stacey Jones episode occurred. There would be serious questions asked in Oz.

I had a very small bet on the horse but that isn't the point.

A hot favourite and I honestly think it had never seen a steeples fence.

No doubt this will get swept under the carpet again.

The winner improved 40 LENGTHS in a week. The grin on the jock's face told the story. Just remind me where the Stacey Jones episode occurred. There would be serious questions asked in Oz.

Absolutely Chevy. The genius Myers does it again.

Quite frankly it was nothing but an absolute farce.

I was all for Kevin after the Stacey Jones affair but after what I saw and heard today at Te Rapa he is nothing but a cheat and giving another one to the punters.

And if the jockey was involved then he needs a holiday as well, the winning jockey clearly knew what had just been pulled off, you can't tell me Daniel Miller didn't know what was going on.

The stipes won't do anything, they are gutless, this is just another reason why racing in NZ is going to be gone in the next 10 years, no punter can have confidence in the game being fair after what went on today.

And zzz reckoned the aussies are liars and cheats, maybe he should look in his own backyard.

At least the aussies don't make it so obvious, and nothing will come of it. Some on here want racing to be more popular to more people, well if any newbie watched that race they would laugh and walk away and rightly so.

Have decided to take a break from punting after this latest shambles. I'm not a big punter but bet regularly on Saturdays. Something needs to be done about people like Myers.

Well questions will probably be asked, but whatever excuses are offered up will probably be accepted and it will end there. And we don't have a racing media that has any real interest into looking into these things.

The $1.90 shot goes around as if it has never seen a fence in it's life whilst the stable mate, beaten by nearly forty lengths by the third horse a week ago comes out seven days later and wins.

Questions must certainly be asked, so yes, the stipes report will make an interesting read tonight to just see how vigourous an approach by them is undertaken.

The bottom line is....that it is NOT good for racing. 

Can you tell us what was said to you Whoknows?

STIPENDARY REPORT

When questioned regarding the disappointing performance of MAHANADI rider D Miller advised that the gelding had 

jumped poorly throughout, jumping very high at most of its fences losing considerable ground. Stable representative Ms J 
Rathbone advised that MAHANADI had been extensively schooled leading into today’s meeting including competing in 
jumping trials and schooling over the five live fences through the centre upon arrival at the Te Rapa course yesterday. Ms 
Rathbone further stated that from past experience the gelding’s jumping can deteriorate if not jumping in company with 
other runners, and is also generally better suited by more rain-affected footing. 

As expected, a crock of shite.

Is Dummy also withdrawn from fronting up to the judicial as well.  Perhaps he thinks he's above all that.

Horse should be stood down for 30 days and have to trial satisfactorily twice. The smirk on the jock's face when interviewed after the race told the story!! All the stipes reports these days are a joke--any poor performance put down to state of track and no more investigation.And my criticism not based on punting losses--never bet in jumps races and never bet in small fields. Time to get rid of these small jumps fields and provide more opportunities for owners such as myself who are having to line the pockets of transporters to travel horses hundreds of kms to get a bloody start!

STIPENDARY REPORT

When questioned regarding the disappointing performance of MAHANADI rider D Miller advised that the gelding had 

jumped poorly throughout, jumping very high at most of its fences losing considerable ground. Stable representative Ms J 
Rathbone advised that MAHANADI had been extensively schooled leading into today’s meeting including competing in 
jumping trials and schooling over the five live fences through the centre upon arrival at the Te Rapa course yesterday. Ms 
Rathbone further stated that from past experience the gelding’s jumping can deteriorate if not jumping in company with 
other runners, and is also generally better suited by more rain-affected footing. 

As expected, a crock of shite.

Is Dummy also withdrawn from fronting up to the judicial as well.  Perhaps he thinks he's above all that.

And no questions regarding the remarkable improvement of forty lengths in the space of a week by the winner. :rolleyes:

The stable jockey was on palemo that was a clue in itself surely.

Tom hazlett said before the race mahanadi had schooled at te rapa over the fences.

Agreed he went terrible but it was the punters who made a first time maiden the odds on pop in a feature jumps race. Not smart really.

Calling k.myers a cheat also just a cheap shot with no evidence.

To be fair the jockey may not have known he was being set up, but I doubt it, the jockey on the winner certainly knew what was going on though, and Dummy laughing all the way to the bank, while the punters left lamenting again.

All the jockey said after the Race was that Kevin had told him the horse had improved markedly from its previous run.

"And he was right, so well done Kevin.."

The turnaround was a big one I'll grant you, but the previous run was at Wanganui which trips up plenty.

And a shame that a talented, young jumps jockey in Daniel Miller got himself involved in the sham of a race, I know he has gone down in many trainers expectations by letting himself get embroiled in a race I know that he was NEVER going to win from long before the field was even drawn, way to go to potentially ruin a good career, although if he is told to go out and actually try to win in a race then he probably would.

Can you name those trainers or is this just something you have imagined ?

Lol ....  :P

None of you even had a dollar on it,

and anyone who backed a MAIDEN steeplechaser (into even money) in one of the big steeplechases up north is a fool.  

I like the horse and made some of it, over the hurdles, but never thought of taking it today.

Well done Mr Myers and please make sure SPRING CHEER wins a couple later this year  or at least turns up, :lol:  unlike (AK Cup)  :D

Let's just put it down to getting burnt by Dummy again and to remember to never have a punt in a race that he has horses engaged in, guess we can't complain then, although he did a lot of damage to the racing industry's attempt to portray it s a clean industry.

The stable jockey was on palemo that was a clue in itself surely.

Tom hazlett said before the race mahanadi had schooled at te rapa over the fences.

Agreed he went terrible but it was the punters who made a first time maiden the odds on pop in a feature jumps race. Not smart really.

Calling k.myers a cheat also just a cheap shot with no evidence.

It's not a cheap shot Michael. The guy has previous in this area.

How do you think it looks to the casual punter who decides to have a bet on the feature race of the day?

Sorry but it stinks but you guys just keep telling us what a genius this guy is...

Do you really blame Dummy? get real! ho can he get a horse to school like this on a particular day? blame the people who give the licence to the horse that is approved to race on race day!  you know any horse Dummy lines up on raceday is fit and well..........look at his strike rate compared to the season's leading trainer!!!!!!! why not query all their runners the same?