RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Woodville Pahiatua Races 15/5/2014

Looks like a good programme with healthy sized fields and some even racing .

Some earlier posts would suggest also that the club is one to be admired and even looked at as a role model in the current environment .

Good work Cubes says !

mate this from absolute amatuer...reading between the form-lines...don,t blame me stuff...

Maybe.

Race1 no.10 Star Emerald

Race2 no.3 Let me think

Race 6 no.5 Don,t blame buster...(or me)

You wouldnt get rich anyway...They will all be favourites

My thoughts anyway.

Attn: L J Shannon

LJ,

Good luck with your meeting. Do you know of any jumpouts held on the course recently?

I remember this meeting fondly exactly 50 years ago. As a teen I had a small hack to get around on. Cost 30 pounds. Well after a few burn ups at the beach discovered the horse could be a racechorse. Didn't know too much about training a racehorse but my father took it to this meeting and won ridden by Kaye Tinsley. That year the Woodville track must have been doing an upgrade as the races were transferred to Awapuni.

Pity looks like a heavy track,  thought Mings Girl in race 2 otherwise a good chance. Failing that any Ishiguru's always great value in the wet.

Thank you Slam Dunk , 50 yrs ago that would be a bit before my time but i do seem to remember the name Kaye Tinsley??  Haven't held jump outs recently but there will be some on Friday for anyone interested. Yes we have had a little rain this afternoon that will probably push it into the heavy range , this track can take a bit of water , I would expect them to race on the rail for quite a few race before they start going wider . Because we don't irrigate we have a great root structure so our track does not fly to bits like some irrigated tracks when they get a bit of rain. Lot of work been put into this meeting by  the committee , quite a few new sponsors , expecting a quite few new racegoers to turn up as well. There is a selection of High Quality cows that will be paraded "The Black Caviars of the Dairy Industry"???? 

Thanks Porky

Thanks Slam Dunk

Cubes should ask Racecafers more often for some picks

Between the two of you today....5 selections for 3 wins and a second (including the quinella)

Got some coin now for the weekend....Cheers !!!

Thank you Slam Dunk , 50 yrs ago that would be a bit before my time but i do seem to remember the name Kaye Tinsley??  

L K Tinsley,

Hayden's Uncle and who was a very good rider in the sixties and early seventies before moving to Australia's Gold Coast. 

Kaye was a friend of my father's and I can recall Kaye coming round home especially in Wanganui before we moved to the Hutt Valley in December 19665. Kaye rode a lot of top horses and at Trentham some of his best wins were:

Harcourt Stakes

1963  Beauzami

1966  Raidan 

1967  Laramie

Parliamentary  Handicap 

1961  Nerula

North Island Challenge Stakes

1970  Astrella

Wellesley Stakes

1961 Tara's Pride

Wakefield Challenge Stakes

1966 Mr Mink

Kaye had plenty of success over on the Gold Coast, firstly as a rider and then as a trainer. He turned out a not too bad apprentice also, tutoring one  Glen Boss .

Ted, Kaye rode for Deac, If I remember he was related by marriage? Mr Mink, what a horse he was. Wanganui, was it your home town? My old man held the 1/2 mile record at Cooks Gardens for years. He used to bore me to tears with his tales of running in front of huge Friday night crowds and there were bookmakers betting on the athletics and after each foot race there was a bike race! with betting in running! That was in the 30's before your time, but maybe your folks recalled those days.

Ted, Kaye rode for Deac, If I remember he was related by marriage? Mr Mink, what a horse he was. Wanganui, was it your home town? My old man held the 1/2 mile record at Cooks Gardens for years. He used to bore me to tears with his tales of running in front of huge Friday night crowds and there were bookmakers betting on the athletics and after each foot race there was a bike race! with betting in running! That was in the 30's before your time, but maybe your folks recalled those days.

I was at primary school then Biff when Kaye and others used to come round home. I do remember Mr Mink winning at Trentham in 1966 just after we moved to the Hutt. He was trained by Deac,  by Copenhagen and won about seven in row before being sold to the States.

Yes, born in Wanganui and lived there until we left when I was thirteen. Remember Cooks Gardens very well, I used to go to athletics there myself and was there the night Peter Snell broke the World Mile record. Sitting up on the bank on the flat wooden seats wrapped up in blankets as it was chilly that night.

Not sure about Kaye being related to Deac by marriage. I thought his father in law trained on the Gold Coast and Kaye rode for him . Can't recall his name off the top of my head but it may come to me later. 

Good size crowd, country winter racing at its best today. A very enjoyable day out

i've only been to Woodville races one time when my horse went round(came 3rd) had a great weekend on course friendly atmosphere and off course even better looking forward to my next visit

Hey Sunline , I know a fair few more boring places than Woody , We have some very good walks (The Gorge Track etc) for the more agile ones,  Tui Brewery just minutes away, and also  something you probably would enjoy "Yummie Mummies Cheesecakes"  or the fantastic Oosh La La Shops.  On the Weekends you can't get a park in Woody  so more adventurous people find it interesting. I noticed that 3 out of last 4 winners were on the rail not sure if you would describe that as a bog. Great days racing at Woodville yesterday , coolish southerly wind made most patron move into the stands which created a great atmosphere . 1.14-1.15 for 1200 , 1.28 - 1.29 for 1400 certainly a heavy track but not a bog 

Hey Sunline , I know a fair few more boring places than Woody , We have some very good walks (The Gorge Track etc) for the more agile ones,  Tui Brewery just minutes away, and also  something you probably would enjoy "Yummie Mummies Cheesecakes"  or the fantastic Oosh La La Shops.  On the Weekends you can't get a park in Woody  so more adventurous people find it interesting. I noticed that 3 out of last 4 winners were on the rail not sure if you would describe that as a bog. Great days racing at Woodville yesterday , coolish southerly wind made most patron move into the stands which created a great atmosphere . 1.14-1.15 for 1200 , 1.28 - 1.29 for 1400 certainly a heavy track but not a bog 

I'm sure it does - last time I was there for a tournament I was approached by someone living in the flats, asking me whether or not I was enjoying my ice-cream. Nothing against the place, just a touch drab for my liking.