RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
morayfm

What's My 2YO Worth?

I've been in this game long enough to know that if you've got a marketable product and the money is about, then sell! So I have a nice strong, correct 2YO filly who has been broken in, and completed 1 prep. and is now spelling.

To all those Bloodstock Agents and experts who read this forum can you give me an assessment of her value? I'm in 2 minds as to whether or not I should place her on the market, as she is the only filly I have out of the mare who is now rising 15 years old; so she may not have another filly. So the money would have to be pretty good.

Her breeding is No Excuse Needed/Freequence which obviously makes her a full sister to I Do and a half to Iggi Pop who has won over $200K and is stakes placed in Sydney. As I said, she is a very nice strong correct filly (grey).

She's a hard one to value in my mind so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

pogo its hard to maintain two personas on this site you have appeared to have posted this one under the wrong name.

don't get confuscsed gump.

zelda is her own man....

keep it , that's my advice too.   great minds think alike. :P

She's never been entered in any sales because I always thought I would keep her to stay in the family, but that was before I Do and Iggi Pop came along and she's obviously worth a lot more. So, while the opportunity is there I would sell if the money is good enough and hope that the mare has another filly. No Agents been involved to date.

From the advice received so far though it seems that the right thing to do is stick to the original plan and keep her. She is a really nice filly after all.

As stated she is correct, strong, medium size, nice type with excellent temperament which is typical of all of the mare's foals. The only two of her foals to go through the ring both sold for $220,000.

Well I guess she's worth a lot more now - I Do today and Iggi Pop now a stakes winner in Oz. Think I'll be keeping this one now. She went back into work yesterday with Vanessa and Wayne and she looks enormous - much different type to I Do, she's just all muscle and bulk.

Even better a video, a photo (signed), a swab, DNA sample, muscle biopsy (fast twitch slow twitch), psychology assessment, pathology assessment, x-Ray, ultrasound, ct scan, scope, gait analysis, 12 generation pedigree, and most importantly a selfie of you with the horse.....:-)

Even better a video, a photo (signed), a swab, DNA sample, muscle biopsy (fast twitch slow twitch), psychology assessment, pathology assessment, x-Ray, ultrasound, ct scan, scope, gait analysis, 12 generation pedigree, and most importantly a selfie of you with the horse.....:-)

But can the horse jump??