RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Super Comp Results Thread

ROUND 1

Race 10 - Morphettville R7

1st 8 Smokin' Joey W-$36.10

2nd 2 Platelet Q-$157.60

Scr: 15,17,22

3 BLUES

$772.00

2 points

2 CHIEFS

$642.00

0 points

No change so the Blues ran out winners led by a Man of the Match performance from debutant Moose. The Chiefs were never ahead at any stage but tried hard with whip-cracker Maria securing MVP honours. An investigation is to be launched into Howie's performance after he failed to make a collect. Was he selecting at Pukekura Raceway ???

110.00 Alf 

93.00 Sylvia

224.00 Gruff 

110.00 Tom (turny)

388.00 Mooseman 

168.00 Grant (gaf1973)

0.00 Howie (Rightfirsttime) 

211.00 Maria (Chestnut)

50.00 Geoff (LastOf40) 

60.00 Jack

3 FERDIES

$991.80

2 points

2 HURRICANES

$514.40

0 points

Apart from falling behind briefly after race 1 the Ferdies asserted control and held on for a narrow win with Man of the Match honours going to PJ. Former Ferdie Kay proved to be the Hurricanes MVP with a narrow victory over old adversary Maurice, in a team effort that showed room for improvement.

447.00 PJ 

122.80 Steve

193.00 Heather (Pegs Pride) 

25.00 John (N1MUE)

258.80 Maurice (moz1047) 

262.60 Kay

25.00 Bryan (dawsie) 

104.00 Rees (Globederby)

68.00 Taranaki Don 

0.00 Cam (Escameno)

1 HIGHLANDERS

$811.00

0 points

4 SHARKS

$1640.00

4 points

The Sharks put in a top performance and scored a decisive win despite being 2-0 down for a while in the early afternoon. They earned bonus points for a 4-1 margin and a team profit while remain 4-1 clear. Pogo (or was it Zelda) found Joey the upsetter in the last to edge Mark for Man of the Match honours. Craig shaded Dave for MVP honours for the Highlanders.

50.00 Pete 

110.00 Catman

25.00 Gary (Baldrick) 

193.00 Mike 

265.00 Dave (ohokaman) 

50.00 Lloyd

278.00 Craig 

615.00 Mark (Memphis)

193.00 Brian 

672.00 Pogo

2 KAURI KATS

$879.00

0 points

3 BUSH PIGS

$1452.40

3 points

Pam found the Goodwood victor to good advantage, denying the Bush Pigs a bonus point for a 4-1 margin, cutting it back to 3-2, as she skipped past Ray on her way to snatching Match Star honours from Bush Pigs MVP Mike. The Bushies were good value for their win though with  players scoring over 250 which resulted in a bonus point for a team profit. The Kats proven line-up showed promise and this will no doubt be the run-out they need to find form quickly.

228.00 Rosina 

279.00 Counter Punch

68.00 Betty 

441.40 Viceroy

454.00 Pam (Piccadilly) 

379.00 Ray(zor)

104.00 Graeme (Brown Fox) 

50.00 RS Dude

25.00 Sharne 

303.00 Jason/Sarah

4 STAGS

$1083.20

3 points

1 CRUSADERS

$377.80

0 points

No change in the last so the Stags held on for a convincing win. The Crusaders were hampered by two players who got lost on their way to the ground. Richie's picks for Mardy earned MVP honours for the Cantabs but it was Casper who took the  Man of the Match crown with a top effort for the Southlanders.

25.00 nekky 

85.00 Tony (talk)

139.00 Alan (Osceola) 

0.00 Richie

143.00 Ian (Von Cettes) 

122.80 Mardy 

318.20 Roger (Todamax101) 

60.00 Rob (dogzstar1)

458.00 Casper 

110.00 Richard (Gr1 wnr)

Points Table

1st 4 Sharks $1640.00

2nd 3 Bush Pigs $1452.40

3rd 3 Stags $1083.20

4th 2 Ferdies $991.80

5th 2 Blues $772.00

6th 0 Kauri Kats $879.00

7th 0 Highlanders $811.00

8th 0 Chiefs $642.00

9th 0 Hurricanes $514.40

10th 0 Crusaders $377.80

Interesting that after round 1 in the Spring Comp the Sharks were last with the Bush Pigs only one place above them....

STATS

Best Scores
672.00 Pogo 
615.00 Mark

458.00 Casper

454.00 Pam

447.00 PJ
441.40 Viceroy

Worst Scores
25.00 Gary

25.00 nekky
25.00 Sharne

25.00 Bryan
25.40 John
0.00 Richie

0.00 Howie

0.00 Cameron

Most Winners

4 Moose

4 Mark

Most Quinellas

1 Maurice

1 Kay

1 Steve

1 Roger

1 Mardy

1 Mark

1 Ray

1 Viceroy

Biggest Winning Margin
672.00 Pogo

193.00 Brian

Narrowest Winning Margin
262.60 Kay

258.80 Maurice

Highest Losing Score
379.00 Ray

Lowest Winning Score
60.00 Jack

Next week:

Te Rapa - 4 races including the two Jumps features

Awapuni - Rangitikei Gold Cup

Scone - Dark Jewel Classic

Doomben -  4 Group races

The draw is in my desk at work and I'm on my way to NZ tonight for the sale at Karaka so no draw until Wednesday. please work out your captains by then on the thread provided.

No worries PJ, I have done some research....

Scone : 272km from Wellington ? Does that make it a NZ race?

Dark Jewel Classic: Last years winner Dual Humpy - Class 3 camel ( Trainer: Trev from Alice Springs ).

I will get all the necessary information to Howie for an improved score next week.

I apologise ,i apologise i let team down badly ... was helping my brother from shifting from penthouse apt in wellington that insurance people had put up for them since his fire in Feb ....and moved him into new City appartment block 600 mtres down road in Courtenao Place ... after i posted a little retort sbout flying under radar i wrote all my selectioons down and bleeding forgot to post ...was goin to use his computer but they had their Sky and internet cut off due to shifting ...was a busy busy day and only arrved home 9.30pm ...i  absolutely promise nxt week end team we do better !!! Sincere sorries all around ...cheers Rob .  :(

a absolutely dismal day from me kats fingers cross hope I can do better next week as long as the imformant turns up at our dairy sort of miss it for studying and picking, but well done to pam some how she manages to pick and outsider!!!

this is only round one and we normally have a stint in the cellar so let it be now so we can have a step up the ladder

sharne

Just got back from the trip to the recycling centre, where I summarily despatched the 'Jafa-o-meter' which so badly let me down yesterday when I was all primed ready to make a big statement. This is what happens when you buy stuff made in Wellington ! So next week it'll be a return to my own native genius and cunning when selecting, and a planned big turnaround in my score. Double figures would be nice ! ;). Fortunately we'll be selecting at my 2 favourite racetracks outside of Ellerslie ...being Te Rapa and Scone. ( pssst ...Lastof40....give me a call later bro, I need to check out what this Scone is ...sounds like  a culinary delight but I'm suspecting it's more likely one of those Aussie country venues. Wherever it is, I'll be on to it ! :)

Well done our outstanding new Bluebie signings, Moose & Gruff, big wins and saving the day alongside the win of stalwart Alf. Geoff and I thought we'd sit back this once and watch how the new guys would perform first time out under the bright lights in Jafa colours, take notes as it were, and the plan worked impeccably. 

Can't wait to see what team is in for the munching next week !

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES !

Apologies to my team.Had a million and 1 things going on in my head and just totally forgot about the picks.Thanks to Rich for posting subs on  my behalf.I will endeavour to make up for it next Saturday.

Sharne, I'll let you in to my little secret. It's all ignorance and bliss really. Couldn't decide on

that last race and was pushed for time, so thought " a nice grey gee will do" and spotted Smokin Joey.

Well, would you believe - he duly won and he wasn't even grey!!! - pure luck. Just goes to prove your

drawing pins are as good a way as any.

From what I've seen and heard, the Scone track is slightly smaller in circumference than the old cinders track at Takanini, but slightly bigger than your average saucer... should be fun!! :)

the old track maybe , the memories of mayor winning in a bog ,  lloyd.

this one is a very very large saucer indeed,

Just got back from the trip to the recycling centre, where I summarily despatched the 'Jafa-o-meter' which so badly let me down yesterday when I was all primed ready to make a big statement. This is what happens when you buy stuff made in Wellington ! So next week it'll be a return to my own native genius and cunning when selecting, and a planned big turnaround in my score. Double figures would be nice ! ;). Fortunately we'll be selecting at my 2 favourite racetracks outside of Ellerslie ...being Te Rapa and Scone. ( pssst ...Lastof40....give me a call later bro, I need to check out what this Scone is ...sounds like  a culinary delight but I'm suspecting it's more likely one of those Aussie country venues. Wherever it is, I'll be on to it ! :)

Well done our outstanding new Bluebie signings, Moose & Gruff, big wins and saving the day alongside the win of stalwart Alf. Geoff and I thought we'd sit back this once and watch how the new guys would perform first time out under the bright lights in Jafa colours, take notes as it were, and the plan worked impeccably. 

Can't wait to see what team is in for the munching next week !

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES !

The recycled RFT marches on... :) glad I got you first week then buddy   :wub: