RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Showcasing

Nice winner at first start

Smart horse, bad race.

CAPPELLA SANSEVERO was a well-backed favourite and showed why as Gary Carroll rode him like a good horse. He was held up off the initial pace, cruised into contention over a furlong out and sauntered clear when asked just half a question. He´s hard to assess as he probably beat very little but it would be surprising if he couldn´t continue to progress and hold his own in better company.

Showcasing is leading the First Seasons Sires in Britain/Ireland. At the moment doing it very well.

Top first-season sires

Print List

STALLION WINNERS–RUNNERS WINS RUNS 2ND 3RD 4TH WIN PRIZE TOTAL PRIZE     Showcasing 3-7 43% 3 11 2 3 0 £13,225 £18,716       Fast Company 2-10 20% 2 18 1 0 3 £10,925 £12,859       Approve 2-10 20% 2 20 1 1 4 £5,620 £7,467       Zebedee 2-18 11% 2 25 3 3 5 £5,822 £13,018       Munnings 1-1 100% 1 1 0 0 0 £2,911 £2,911       Arcano 1-4 25% 1 5 0 0 0 £6,469 £6,469       Makfi 1-5 20% 1 5 0 0 0 £4,205 £4,205

First and foremost, I have no interest what-so-ever with Showcasing. I don't have a share, an interest, a mare in foal, one of his progeny....nyets, Nayda...<br /><br />so this is simply because I see it...check this out...in the UK<br /><br />"A good little fillies´ conditions race which was arguably won at the gates because CLOUDS REST bolted out of the stalls and this fast filly never saw another rival.<br /><br />The daughter of Showcasing found plenty in the closing stages to keep her rivals at arms length and she looks to have tons of zip. She probably needs a sharp track to show her best, but connections must surely be tempted by the Queen Mary now."<br /><br />That's what I call a good report...at Newbury (a big track against town competition)<br />

Showcasing - Haunui Farm shuttle sire Showcasing (Oasis Dream)

sired his first stakes winner on Saturday when Cappella Sansevero

(2 c ex Madam President by Royal Applause) won the Marble Hill

stakes (Listed, 5f) at the Curragh. Later on that day Showcasing

sired his fourth winner when Showcard (2 f ex Dimakya by Dayjur)

won the Maiden Fillies Stakes (6f) at Goodwood.

im just pointing out that there is a long list of those horses that yes they do a good job but struggle to make the cut commercially here are they going to make it where it matters for us?  I have my doubts.  I could be wrong but I wouldn't be getting carried away at this early point in the season. 

The Showcasing's are certainly going well early Berri, I also have noticed a couple of Makfi's that were nice types over there,he has had a couple of winners,nowhere near the success of aforementioned,what is your thoughts?

Unbeaten winner of the Listed Marble Hill S. this May, Cappella Sansevero (GB) (by Showcasing) sold for £1,300,000 to Sheikh Fahed Al Thani from the consignment of Glenburnie Stables. The British-bred holds an entry for tomorrow’s G2 Coventry S. and is the first foal from his winning dam.

Unbeaten winner of the Listed Marble Hill S. this May, Cappella Sansevero (GB) (by Showcasing) sold for £1,300,000 to Sheikh Fahed Al Thani from the consignment of Glenburnie Stables. The British-bred holds an entry for tomorrow’s G2 Coventry S. and is the first foal from his winning dam.

Was a great run and nice looking type from what i could see on TV, winner The Wow signal was also impressive by Starspangledbanner out of a High Chaparral mare.

I wonder how many broodmare owners would roll the dice on a fertility challenged sire, given the good start by his 2yo's.

Rosemount is limiting his book to 50 mares,I personally like the sire,but the thought of walking away empty handed would be to big a risk.

Was a great run and nice looking type from what i could see on TV, winner The Wow signal was also impressive by Starspangledbanner out of a High Chaparral mare.

I wonder how many broodmare owners would roll the dice on a fertility challenged sire, given the good start by his 2yo's.

Rosemount is limiting his book to 50 mares,I personally like the sire,but the thought of walking away empty handed would be to big a risk.

Cappella Sansevero ran second for those who did not see it.

Only the four runners, but there were a couple of well-regarded colts in the line-up, and it was hard not to be impressed by the professionalism shown by SHOWING CHARACTER on his debut. He had the early speed to defend his rails position from stall one and the ability to see off his more experienced rivals up the straight, and while the conditions of the race meant he received 7lb from the previous winners, he´d have probably won off levels. A half-brother to a couple of winners, including Van Der Neer (renamed Travel Brother when he moved to Hong Kong), who was third in the 2000 Guineas, he looks to be all speed, and Tom Dascombe, who holds him in high regard, is keen to go to the Molecomb with him next.

QUOTES: Tom Dascombe, trainer of Showing Character: He´s good. And he´s never even galloped on grass, so he´ll improve so much. He´s got plenty of boot and Richard (Kingscote) said not to even think about going six furlongs with him. There are lots of races for him and I would like to think he´d be going for the likes of the Molecomb and the Flying Childers, but let´s get him home first and think about that later.

He has had a couple more winners in the last few days and I believe leads the british first seasons sires list,CAPPELLA SANSEVERO was dissappointing as favourite last start,but looks like it has come to the end of its campaign.

On his previous run he will definitely get more black type in the future,also looks like he will get 1400m.

Are we talking strictly under a mile here [1000 to 1200] ,what is the vibe?

He has had a couple more winners in the last few days and I believe leads the british first seasons sires list,CAPPELLA SANSEVERO was dissappointing as favourite last start,but looks like it has come to the end of its campaign.

On his previous run he will definitely get more black type in the future,also looks like he will get 1400m.

Are we talking strictly under a mile here [1000 to 1200] ,what is the vibe?

sorry,vibe on SHOWCASING'S progeny.

Prize Exhibit won a minor race by 9 lengths two starts ago before running 4th in a valuable 2 yo race. All three in front of her were multiple winners so the form was quite good.

Avenue Montaigne was thought of so highly that as a maiden was run in a group 3 race (running 6th of 11 btn 3len) before running third in a listed race at her last start

Rosie's Premiere (interestingly out of an Exceed and Excel mare therefore Danzig over Danzig)ran 5th at Royal Ascot in a group 3 race

Sacrificial made a promising debut, running on well from 2f out despite showing his inexperience after losing ground out of the stalls. He is one to watch for next time.

Gurkha Friend made an encouraging debut at Hamilton and built on that. He gets plenty of credit for cutting out the running and going down fighting. Anything he achieves as a juvenile will be a bonus.

Collosium´s yard had a first-time-out 2yo winner at Beverley the previous day and this son of Showcasing should be adding to the stable´s juvenile tally soon after an encouraging first effort.

....just to name a few....

They look to be very speedy (he won the Gimcrack in race record time), their actions look like sprinters, the majority of the mares he covered were from sprinting 2 yo lines so it will be interesting when he gets some NZ type mares.

Berri...

Do you know why Hillstar was scratched from the Goodwood race this past week?

I would also appreciate your opinion on Hillstar as a potentially up-and-coming stayer and any comments you wish to make as to whether he is fully physically mature yet.

Thank you.

All the best.

Ashoka

Hillstar was scratched because of the track which was thought to be a bit firm for him. He's an interesting horse in that he showed heaps as a three year old in the King Edward beating Battle of Marengo who had finished a close 4th in the Derby after stringing together a good record in the lead ups. Hillstar's next up third in the King George was extremely good form as he beat Cirrus des Aigles, Red Cadeaux (just throwing that in so that you know the form). Novelist, who won that race, had just won the Saint Cloud (Gp 1) beating Dunaden by 1 1/2 (so you know the form). The second horse in that race was Trading Leather, who had won the Irish Derby and then got beaten by Declaration of War in the Champion stakes. To frank that form, Declaration of War had run 4th to Midnight Cloud in the Jacques le Marois (beaten by 2) and she of course ran Black Caviar to a head in the Golden Jubilee.

This year Hillstar is showing good form but he hasn't really progressed from last year which you might have expected. Sure he's running seconds in very nice races, but those aren't top class. For example, the horse that beat him into second at his latest start is a horse called Cavalry Man. He was very promising at three (running 3rd in the Arc to Sea the Stars who was an absolute champion and now an extraordinary stallion), but like most horses coming from the blue bucket, sort of lost his way.  He's now 8 years old, not a true group 1 horse but still a fantastic horse. So being beaten by Cavalry Man is not a disgrace  but provides an indication of form and ability.

I've got a sneaking feeling that Hillstar was going to be a very good group one horse but is either carrying a small injury condition or isn't chasing the game as it looked as though he might last year. That said, unfortunately for the southern hemisphere horses, if he came to the Caufield/ Melbourne Cup, at the right weight, he could well be a very good chance