RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Showcasing

Three stakes winners now, two in the last two days, Accipter on Friday won a listed race over 1000m and Toocoolforschool last night won a group two race by seven lengths over 1200m.

His only progeny that started in NZ was a close second at only start.

Great start and well priced, next season may be a little higher given his results so far, leads the first season sires list in the UK by prize money and a closing second for number of winners.

Percentage of winners to runners is also one of the best if not the best.

Three stakes winners now, two in the last two days, Accipter on Friday won a listed race over 1000m and Toocoolforschool last night won a group two race by seven lengths over 1200m.

His only progeny that started in NZ was a close second at only start.

Great start and well priced, next season may be a little higher given his results so far, leads the first season sires list in the UK by prize money and a closing second for number of winners.

Percentage of winners to runners is also one of the best if not the best.

Send your mares to him then before the big price rise. Actually I doubt that mark and the team would move his fee much given their 'policy' to not hike up fees quickly.

Send your mares to him then before the big price rise. Actually I doubt that mark and the team would move his fee much given their 'policy' to not hike up fees quickly.

We already have sent both our mares to him this season.

They certainly look as promising as thy do in the Northern Hemisphere.

Tavistock and Showcasing look the standout new sires but what about Fast and Famous? His stock are firing now that he's been sold to Australia. Stands at a stud in Albury for $4400. Could be a big loss.

They certainly look as promising as thy do in the Northern Hemisphere.

Tavistock and Showcasing look the standout new sires but what about Fast and Famous? His stock are firing now that he's been sold to Australia. Stands at a stud in Albury for $4400. Could be a big loss.

Too true re F&F!

Boodles very impressive. This showcasing colt goes alright,and very professional.

What a loss Fast and Famous is.There's not a meeting go by when one does not win. Waikato Stud certainly can pick sires but unfortunately this one got away,probably because they were only getting a few hundred for them at the sales.

When he was for sale on Gavelhouse I wonder why another NZ stud did not buy him? Early on many I know said they were tough to get going but isn't that a sure sign they will make good racehorses later on. It certainly has proven so.

When he was for sale I considered buying him but my wife talked me out of it as we got burnt by our previous stallion and small players don't get patronage from influential breeders.  

Fast & Famous was for sale on Gravelhouse for along time. Like you Tatura I wondered why he wasn't picked up by a 2nd tier NZ stud. I believe the damsire of a stallion is just as important, if not more important than the sire --in this case it is Zabeel and this might explain the time required for the stock to mature. Also despite the fact that he is out of a top 2yr old ( Zalinda) he raced best as a 4yr old.

It will be interesting to see how Burgundy stock go being bred on the same cross.

Burgundy had a lot of speed and I think showed speed early in his training . I understand he was plagued with shin soreness early, which does show up with his "bucked" shins.

I like the horse. Zabeel as a broodmare sire has left plenty of 2yo winners by various stallions.

Punters got oodles today from Boodles. Shame he can't contest the Karaka Millions. Just shows that the winner of the Karaka Millions race distorts the mantel for the top sire of 2yo's.

Restricted races as such should be excluded from the breeding honors list.

Punters got oodles today from Boodles. Shame he can't contest the Karaka Millions. Just shows that the winner of the Karaka Millions race distorts the mantel for the top sire of 2yo's.

Restricted races as such should be excluded from the breeding honors list.

I agree with your thoughts that the money earned in restricted sweepstakes races should be excluded.

Isn't Boodles a little beauty. Furthermore, well done to the Pike Team for keeping Darryl Bradley on. Darryl certainly appreciated it and returned the favour with a very dominant ride.

And the Showcasing roll continues......

Well done to all concerned, especially Haunui and the people who put their hard earned cash up to take a share in the horse when he was first syndicated. I personally know a couple of them and they are not from the big league, so it is great.

Equally well, congratulations to the shareholders of Per Incanto [similar people] with your third placing.

However, I repeat that I don't believe that the stake money from the Karaka Million should count in the Two Year Old Leading Sires List as it is a grossly inflated restricted Sweepstakes Race which distorts everything.

Having said that, I have every confidence that both Showcasing and Per Incanto will just about fight out the title anyway, with or without the sweepstake money.

What looks better on a fillies CV

A win in the restricted Karaka millions or a win on a Saturday in Sydney.

Actually a win in the Group Two Wakefield Stakes looks better than either. Sadly though the Wakefield got pushed out of the way this year by the Karaka Million otherwise known as The Demolition Derby.

I backed him yesterday.

Obviously the stable thinks that he is going to stay much further than what one would expect the Showcasings to do.

Now I can see why! 

I will back him all the way to the Derby now.

Liz