RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

The Visitors Draw For Natuzzi In Goodwood

it's not easy., the horse has to sustain the speed'n'balance in the straight run.

they have to gallop fast all the way..which is why they run faster than a bending track [centrifuge]

..they are staying sprinters..whom have to do everything right from the jump in order to win.

If Natuzzi can beat a field of this nature I will take my proverbial hat off - but at the moment he's at least four lengths off them and keep in mind it's not the strongest Group One field you'll ever see.

Can I have a wee wager he gets closer than 4 lengths off the winner??? You wanna have a wee bet???

SS, make sure you are glued to the telly at 6pm tomorrow. Bright pink colours  and we hope he settles 3 wide with cover (draw dictated) and is 4 lengths off them at the 300, then Mr CWJ will weave across heels (without momentum loss) and put him in the clear at the 50 then it is game over - except for the Bookies who will be looking at the bottom of the bag.

Then on Off The Rails on Sunday nite there will be rapturous applause for you know who and the brilliant ride - all in a days work

PS Your place bet is a goody - what colour are place tickets? Never bought one in my life - all about confidence SS - enjoy

And Natuzii finished where Turny

Porfolio

IF that is your idea of a great run, I would hate to see what you think isn't.

Mind you from that barrier, I would not have expected anything else.

Considering the draw...it did have a great run.

Horse didn't run on, looked on the turn that it might wind up, but only battled.

Didn't cover any extra ground....

Didn't cover any ground but was never put in a position to win the race. Is that want you want in a $500,000 race? That's my opinion of course - I have always preferred aggressive riders like James McDonald, Nash etc etc...

I hate seeing good horses go to waste because the jockey sat on it. They are large animals who can actually push each other around. 

Also - saying it was a great ride, but also saying the gaps closed and it got knocked over. Doesn't that contradict a good ride? Surely a good ride would be to put a horse clear of any trouble? "Yeah, he went for a gap and almost fell, but the ride was perfect"... I don't want to see another 'blocked for a run' in Natuzzi's form guide again... there is no excuse for it time and time again. I understand that Johnson is a hands and heels rider who doesn't take risks, but surely you'd like some aggression, especially in a G1.

you cant carry them,Wasnt going good enough at any stage to really threaten anyway.Cant blame  johnson,the guy has ridden nearly 2000 winners,so he must know how to steer them by now,Not a very nice comment by sunshine,obviously spekaing through pocket 

Exactly MZ, just as the OZ breds dominate the staying races.

hahah a very funny man rdytdyty  , you know that the euopeans are dominionating almost every staying :wub: :wub: races here now too dont you,

amazing to see once we had great stayers like pirate bird, scotch and dry, tails, then you had oopik , bamlerino etc , BUT now they all come form france, ireland, england ect.

thats why i can see you breeding all your 2 and 3 mile mares to australian speed horses.

top idea :D

you cant carry them,Wasnt going good enough at any stage to really threaten anyway.Cant blame  johnson,the guy has ridden nearly 2000 winners,so he must know how to steer them by now,Not a very nice comment by sunshine,obviously spekaing through pocket 

I had a bet with Scooby that it wouldn't get within four lengths. I know how many winners he has ridden and I don't doubt his ability, I just don't like his style and I'm allowed to. What I don't get is all this 'great ride, blah blah' when the horse finished 8th.....

I don't think the track conditions were a great assist to Natuzzi either. He's clearly capable of running a slick time and like a number of them in that field, would have preferred a firmer surface. He may not be up to them, but I wouldn't say it just yet, based on that run alone. Is Smoking Joey quicker than Dreifontein, Miracles of Life et al who finished many lengths from him yesterday? I think not. SJ certainly loved the conditions and ran 'out of his skin' - but the abject failure to handle the track by many of the more favoured runners makes it hard to assess their relative abilities....