RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mmmyb

Dixie Lee

Dixie Lee, Champion race bitch "The Queen Of Addington"

You've provided us with some fantastic memories, over a star studded career!

Before sending my dog across the ditch, I was pre warned he had to take on the mighty bitch Dixie Lee.

Whilst studying her form, I instantly became a fan!

How could one not but admire, that explosive speed from box rise to the finish.

"I was in awe of such brilliance"

To her owner & trainer, congratulations on what I'm sure has been a sensational ride for you all .

I'm certain your now looking forward, to the second phase of her great career.

And of course I'm referring to the breeding,of potential champions!

The privilege was mine to compete against the great Dixie Lee.

Michael Hart..owner of Sozin's Comet. 

Well said, Comet.

Dixie Lee has provided many thrills for her owner, Neil Light, trainer, Rosemary Blackburn, her multitude of supporters on the tote, and also those greyhound aficionados who just love to see sheer speed in action.

The 2012-2013 Canterbury Greyhound Of The Year Dixie Lee raced 98 times for 59 wins, 13 placings and a stakes total of $85,649. Early in her career she won twice at Forbury Park but thereafter her racing was restricted to the 295m dash at Addington Raceway and didn't she just love it. 91 times out of the 295m boxes for a remarkable 57 wins and 11 placings.

Her speed from the get-go was electrifying and so often she had the race won before the rest of the field realised the race was underway. Her fastest time was 16.91 seconds and another stunning statistic is that she bettered the 17-second barrier no fewer than 7 times.

Her consort by way of frozen semen is Fabregas whose racing career consisted of just 13 starts for 12 wins.

Dixie Lee retires injury-free and now we look forward to the progeny of the "Queen of Addington" continuing to reign in the seasons to come.

Great dog, Great trainer you always knew when you backed her you had a 99% chance she was gonna win. I put Bright Star in that line as well. Will miss seeing her at Addington it's was a thrill seeing her go round and do look forward seeing her offspring. Thanks Dixie enjoy your retirement