RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

KICK UP THE BACKSIDE FOR TRACKSIDE

Walshie finally breaks the record and what do we get?? Walshie returning to scale and saluting the judge and crowd? An interview as he dismounts??? NO we get a quick switch to a FRICKIN greyhound race on both channels.Punters and racing folk have been watching and anticipating this great achievement for months and all were hoping to share this great moment in Davids career but no these dickheads at trackside think we all want to bet on a greyhound race instead.Hang your heads in shame!!!!!

Guest 2Admin2

And they are still showing ads for the Sydney BMW carnival which I thought was over!

And they are still showing ads for the Sydney BMW carnival which I thought was over!

Admin, I think this proves beyond any doubt that the people at the helm - producers, directors, planners - have no interest in racing. It's just a job for them. If they had an interest in their occupation they would not make such an error. Frightening really...

Admin, I think this proves beyond any doubt that the people at the helm - producers, directors, planners - have no interest in racing. It's just a job for them. If they had an interest in their occupation they would not make such an error. Frightening really...

This sort of poor performance reflects more on the Management of NZ Racing Board. Chris Bayliss you are the CEO of NZRB you take full responsibility for what your subordinates are doing.

Perhaps von Smallhaussen Trackside is carrying out the Boards instructions to the letter. It is obvious Trackside has set out to annoy as many customers as possible as shown again by yesterday's complete disregard of David Walsh's history making effort. They had ample time leading up to the race yesterday to have compiled more of an in depth summary of his career than the pathetic showing yesterday, and the continued use of the dogs on both channels.  They have in the last ten years lost half their accounts and some more no doubt with the loss of freeview.  Surely they cannot be that dumb, which leads me to believe there is perhaps government intervention of some sort (perhaps the selling of the tab) carried out by the Board. The loss of tax revenue makes this unlikely I suppose, but surely it is not a case of a bunch of arty farty television idiots floundering around and too arrogant to seek help from the racing community.

There has got to be something behind there deliberate ineptitude.

It's just embarrassing. They have no idea of what the viewer wants. They might as well call themselves Gambling TV because that would be more of a reflection of what they have become now. In fact they shouldn't even bother showing the races, just show the results because they seem to have zero interest in providing an entertaining product or catering to anyone who does not have a gambling addiction. I came across this from an article with Tony Lee from when he resigned a few years ago:

Instead, his shock departure from Trackside was the result of a stoush with his boss, Glen Broomhall.

"We've not seen eye-to-eye over the years on a couple of things," Lee told the Sunday Star-Times during the week.

"Horses in New Zealand go back a long, long way - they're a part of our history - and I didn't think that was being acknowledged enough. I thought it was more of a tipping channel and I didn't think that was a healthy way to go. Everyone wants to go to work feeling wanted, but I didn't feel that."

TAB communications manager John Mitchell confirmed Lee's version of events. "We've got the hugest amount of respect for him [Lee] as a racing personality and a racing caller, it's just unfortunate that he has a different view on where he would like to see our broadcasting channels go."

It seems clear that Glen Broomhall and the TAB are very clear about the direction they are heading in. And don't give a damn about losing the best on-air talent in the process. Very sad, and even more depressing the way they spin each press release to promise coverage is going to get more in-depth while all the while knowing they have no intention of doing so.

Guest 2Admin2

Apparently there are changes coming to the presentation of races at TAB's and pub TAB's with multiple TV's. one screen will show the prelim of the next race and then the race, when the race starts the second tv will show the prelim of the next race - auto switching between the two. I think! It all sounded complex to me. On the main viewing TV's you will no longer see odds for non-tv races.

Is there any reason and consistency around which channel carries NZ racing that I have missed?  Usually it is Trackside but today it is TAB.  Makes it difficult to record.

Has anyone had input into their market research about what their clients would like to see on TV?  I would have thought one of their objectives would be to convey the atmosphere of racing and the enthusiasm of participants - not just wall to wall racing.  You would want newbies watching Trackside/TAB to be convinced they need to be involved.

Is there any reason and consistency around which channel carries NZ racing that I have missed?  Usually it is Trackside but today it is TAB.  Makes it difficult to record.

Has anyone had input into their market research about what their clients would like to see on TV?  I would have thought one of their objectives would be to convey the atmosphere of racing and the enthusiasm of participants - not just wall to wall racing.  You would want newbies watching Trackside/TAB to be convinced they need to be involved.

I don't think anyone knows what the objectives of either channel are any more. It's just a mess. Serious questions need to be asked, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that there is anyone willing to ask them. No one seems to be accountable. From promise of two channels with one having in depth coverage way back in 2009, to the promise that after it is taken off freeview there will be more flexibility, it seems we are all being taken on a ride. 

What is Karyn doing in the studio today?????   Waikato Racing Club conducting a major meeting for them and the trackside manager sticks her in the studio. If she can't get to a meeting all day she shouldn't have accepted the presidency.

Another example of a totally illogical, stupid out of control organisation.

What is Karyn doing in the studio today?????   Waikato Racing Club conducting a major meeting for them and the trackside manager sticks her in the studio. If she can't get to a meeting all day she shouldn't have accepted the presidency.

Another example of a totally illogical, stupid out of control organisation.

Look more closely SD--that was Jenny Shipley presenting this morning!

Give us some info about the 2 racing channels today all.....

I am busy today so wont be watching much.

Cheers

The informant form guide breaks down the form for 3 Australian meetings..Gold Coast, Hawkesbury and Morphettville so what does 63 trackside show from Australia....

you guessed it Caulfield ! :rolleyes: