RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Good things beaten

Every week we see very good chances butchered,trainers instructions or just being 'unlucky',abidewithme suffered a Craig grylls brain explosion last time and today Cameron gets on and does a good impression of a garden gnome waking up when they started to race at the 400,this horse deserves better,grace with power was excellent against a swooping pattern as was faraway eyes,you didn't get forward

Just off the rail today your chances were reduced significantly...anymore'blackbookers' which in reality is a PC term for ridden poorly get on next time ? We will get on next time...and most likely suffer a similar fate!

You see week in week out in NZ very poor rides, sometimes it like watching the dodge cars where jocks just push a horse out of the way and that horse that gets push out stops the horse behind it becomes a chain reaction and nothing gets down about it.

We have just had the Sydney Carnival and not that I saw all races but there riding there is so clean and every horse gets there chance. I didn't see any hard luck stories.  

I really like Craig but thought his ride on Ididit in the stakes race at Fielding on Friday was strange. Jumped like a bullet, but decided to pull her back to be three wide in the lead and 10 wide on the turn. The placegetters came up on her inside so got the track seriously wrong if he was trying to be in the best ground.

Agree,  standard of riding seems to be dropping rather rapidly.

The most over rated jockey for me is Du Plessis. I know he rides some winners, but most are hot favs that any one could ride. Keep watching him, rather average at times.

Get on Agent Diva next start....Huge today. 3 Wide disputing the pace, battled on well for 2nd.

Didn't have a bet on it, but if you owned it...you would be a little peeved off with the ride.

Still, Anna Jones has won about 10% of her rides, so not a bad record.

R7 Farm Boy

He couldn't quite muster the speed from the jump to get into the trail from the one draw and got pushed back by others that crossed. Still well back on the fence turning in and had to come out across horses in the straight. Finished off powerfully for a fast closing fourth.

Wasn't the cert for the day at Te Rapa impressive, Allez Eagle in beating another good type in Irish Moon.

R7 Farm BoyHe couldn't quite muster the speed from the jump to get into the trail from the one draw and got pushed back by others that crossed. Still well back on the fence turning in and had to come out across horses in the straight. Finished off powerfully for a fast closing fourth.Wasn't the cert for the day at Te Rapa impressive, Allez Eagle in beating another good type in Irish Moon.

Makarska was even better Ted. She had been unlucky and the blinkers certainly made a difference.

Very impressive and will win races this one..

She was wasn't she. Had been outfinished in her last two starts but as you say with the blinkers on yesterday she was always travelling well behind the leaders and let down strongly for her win in the fastest 1600m of the day.

Still I wouldn't mind a share in Allez Eagle though, I had been most impressed with him after watching him at the trials before his winning debut. Lovely horse.

Allez Eagle was by far the most impressive at Te Rapa. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make the assumption that he will go on to bigger and better things. His only loss came after cutting his leg against very good opposition.

I wouldn't waste a season racing in NZ that's for sure.

Melbourne is beckoning I believe SLB.

You may find this interesting, something I wrote before his debut win.

WAIKATO

R1   ALLEZ EAGLE

I will not be missing this race. I have been waiting for a horse to go to the races that I am quite excited about and I knew that he was going to be lining up at Te Rapa and just assumed it would a maiden and he would breeze in. When the fields came out I see he is lining up in the 3yo race against some very good winners with one unbeaten runner called Cosmic Cube, the current 2000 Guineas favourite whom Graeme Rogerson has stated is the best 3yo in NZ and whom Opie Bosson has made his best bet for the weekend. So to take a horse on like this plus two other horses who have won races impressively is going to be a big ask at his first time to the races. However, I have seen Allez Eagle win two trials and I have been most impressed by him. He is an athletic good sized individual with a lovely action and covers the ground easily. At his first trial at Te Teko he jumped well and drifted back and was still a fair way from the leaders turning in. Leith Innes gave him some room and he simply cruised to the lead shortly before the post to win going away by three quarters of a length with Leith never moving a muscle. At trial number two at Cambridge he again jumped well and he drifted again as it takes him a few strides to get into his rhythm. He settled back fifth on the outer and cruised round wide turning in and never out of second gear went to the line under a strong hold by Leith, winning by four lengths. Horses can do things a bit wrong on debut and he does take on a very good field but I really do like this fellow. There is speed in the race with A’Larose no doubt pinging along and we may all get to see the eventual 2000 Guineas winner run here with Cosmic Cube and Allez Eagle. I know Cosmic Cube is a very good horse and Rogey may be proved right but I will put this Guillotine gelding Allez Eagle on top and hope he can justify the faith I have in him. Looking forward to seeing him run tomorrow and will be there to watch this race. If he wins or runs a big race watch the $18.00 futures odds for the 2000 Guineas about him drop.

It was a shame what happened to him in the Sarten Memorial and he never made it down to the Guineas. Atlante was most fortunate.

R7 Farm Boy

He couldn't quite muster the speed from the jump to get into the trail from the one draw and got pushed back by others that crossed. Still well back on the fence turning in and had to come out across horses in the straight. Finished off powerfully for a fast closing fourth.

Wasn't the cert for the day at Te Rapa impressive, Allez Eagle in beating another good type in Irish Moon.

Just got up, but nice win today and $6.50 offered by the bookies taken with pleasure. :)