RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lindsay Joyce

20 Twenty WORLD CUP

20/20 is the game.It WILL take over.

That last 20 runs were edge of your seat stuff.Oram bowled.Vettori hits a four.Vettori run out.MacCullum a six to win.Fantastic stuff.

Go the Black Caps!

This tournaments a joke!!!!!!! yesterday Zimbabwe don't get a chance to chase Sri Lanka's 170. And they end up losing on Duckworth/Lewis.

Also yesterday, England set a massive 191. West Indies probably would'nt of got that. Instead, after the rain delay, they're only needing to get 30 of 22 balls, with 10 wickets in hand. They struggled to get that aswell.

And this morning Engand set a measily 120 for Ireland to chase down. The match was abandoned and so poor ol' Ireland don't get a chance to go through to the Super 8's.

Funily enough, Englands top runscorer this morning used to play for Ireland!!!

This tournaments jacked up so the top 8 teams in the world get through. And the minnows get stuffed!!!!

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!

Also Duckworth/Lewis system, How about

Beavus/Butthead system........

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have described it better meself. T20 is joke cricket for joke cricket fans. May as well watch baseball.

Cricket is a naturally slow game which rewards those with patience and mental attritional ability as well as physical skills.

Couldn't have described it better meself. T20 is joke cricket for joke cricket fans. May as well watch baseball.

Cricket is a naturally slow game which rewards those with patience and mental attritional ability as well as physical skills.

guys, amusing to read.

Cricket , Like most sports have changed, we need to get over it. If you want to watch a 5 Day match, good on you.

The "Duckworth/Lewis" In this form of the game needs addressing bad.

20/20 Cricket is by far the most exciting game to watch, at home or live as a spectator/fan.

From cricket365.com

Botham: Too much Twenty20 competition on the go

Saturday 17-April-2010 13:33

Botham - says too much T20 cricket is played.

Former England all-rounder Sir Ian Botham believes greed could ultimately kill international Twenty20 cricket.

The ICC World Twenty20 starts in the West Indies at the end of April, just nine months after the conclusion of the previous tournament in England.

On top of global tournaments each country has their own individual fixtures, causing even more congestion in the international calendar.

Botham, however, fears for the future of the format and thinks overkill could ultimately be destructive.

He told BBC Five Live: "I think it's great. Twenty20 has got a place to play but I think it should be played once every four years internationally.

"I think you should play as a franchise and at county level because it generates a lot of money and brings youngsters through the turnstiles.

"But we've got too much international cricket - then why play Twenty20 internationals. Just keep it as a special, once every four years World Cup.

"We had one in June in England now there is another one in the Caribbean - it's greed.

"If you keep watching your favourite film every night it soon becomes your least favourite film.

"So watch out - they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg."

END.

Those of us who were involved in the game when ODI's were at the same popularity level as T20 is now will remember similar traits. ODI's were going to be the death of test cricket blah blah. Where is ODI cricket now? Take heed muppets.

guys, amusing to read.

Cricket , Like most sports have changed, we need to get over it. If you want to watch a 5 Day match, good on you.

The "Duckworth/Lewis" In this form of the game needs addressing bad.

20/20 Cricket is by far the most exciting game to watch, at home or live as a spectator/fan.

Thats my main and basically only gripe with the game. The Dickhead/Lewis system. Thats 3 teams it has screwed now. How many more victims will it claim!!!!!!!!!!????????

Other than that I don't mind T20 cricket. The century from Mahela Jayawardene, a noted test match cricketer, was sublime.

Dropped for last 2 matches. I wonder why and is this the end of him or will he hang around.

So why couldnt he make the team ahead of Gareth hopkins? It would add an extra batter and an extra bowler! Hopkins is mud. Surely McCullum doesnt hate keeping / 's back isnt that sore!

Who are these batting myths Chris, well there are plenty to pick from.

Here are the no of individual scores of 50 and above by each team at the tournament,

Oz 5

SL 4

Pakis 4

Eng 3

Ind 3

SA 2

WI 1

Bang 1

Afghan 1

I cant find the Black Cap batting myths on that list can you Chris.

Who can replace our superstars?

Firstly if you ignore the beat up from the players themselves, and of course ill informed pundits like yourself we dont actually have any superstars.

Secondly maybe we need to pick players who play within the range of their actual abilities rather a group of blokes who think they are better than they actually are.

Thirdly maybe NZC needs to liase with the immigration dept to see if we can facilitate some job opportunities for players from Afghanistan and Bangaladesh.

This result or non result puts a lot

of pressure on the selectors because if they have any interest in keeping their jobs they cant keep on picking players who keep on failing to get the job done.

Who are these batting myths Chris, well there are plenty to pick from.

Here are the no of individual scores of 50 and above by each team at the tournament,

Oz 5

SL 4

Pakis 4

Eng 3

Ind 3

SA 2

WI 1

Bang 1

Afghan 1

I cant find the Black Cap batting myths on that list can you Chris.

Who can replace our superstars?

Firstly if you ignore the beat up from the players themselves, and of course ill informed pundits like yourself we dont actually have any superstars.

Secondly maybe we need to pick players who play within the range of their actual abilities rather a group of blokes who think they are better than they actually are.

Thirdly maybe NZC needs to liase with the immigration dept to see if we can facilitate some job opportunities for players from Afghanistan and Bangaladesh.

This result or non result puts a lot

of pressure on the selectors because if they have any interest in keeping their jobs they cant keep on picking players who keep on failing to get the job done.

All cattle and no hat Zak.

I asked you WHO you would replace them with and you haven't come up with any names.

Why is that? You're adamant that some of our current lot need to go, but you're not providing me with their replacements!

You sound like "the guy in the pub" Zak....surely you're better than that?

So you would keep the same top 6 would you?

It is all very well to talk about headware and agriculture but that still leaves us with a cricket team that isnt worth a cold pie.

So you would keep the same top 6 would you?

It is all very well to talk about headware and agriculture but that still leaves us with a cricket team that isnt worth a cold pie.

Now now zakery....don't go twisting the story here!

I'm not the one calling for change....you are.

But as yet...you can't come up with any alternatives.

So come on Mr "I punt professionally on cricket"....

GIVE US ALL SOME NAMES!!

Ho ho ho.........

Zak = The guy in the pub!

And besides.....when did you start becoming interested in 20/20 cricket? I thought you couldn't stand it!

I'm picking you've done your dough on the Blackcaps and now you're talking through your pocket.