RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Abernant

Indy King first winner

So what group one winners have  you bred? I'm not being anything else but interested. As for Eight Carat, Henrietta Bedford actually made the mating happen to make the mare. Patrick bought a filly out of her and then when he knew it was good, he negotiated to buy her. Yes Patrick is a family fan but you provide theories of crossed matings to create replicable patterns (which I still don't understand) that supposedly occur in some good horse's profiles. I wish I got your theories but you haven't yet crossed my threshold of understanding. I'm always open to everything

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, Swynford said:

Berri    ...just been watching Hall Of Fame night on Trackside and thought it was very interesting about Eight Carat   perhaps you should watch it. Maybe you where there    Sir Patrick stated that he was very keen on the Bruce Lowe '  # 9 family'         just like what I promote 

He brought Eight Carat on her pedigree   within hours   not on type

Swynford I think your statement above about the purchase of Eight Carat is a little misleading and does not reflect what Sir P actually said.

Reality is he bought Diamond Lover as a yearling and then when Colin Jillings told him Diamond Lover was above average ("could win a Railway") the mare was purchased.

He didn't need to see the mare - he had evidence via Diamond Lover that she could through a good type which could run.

Also one other point should be clarified. Eight Carat was actually purchased in the mid 1980's by the Cambridge Breeding Partnership an Investment syndicate formed and managed by Fay Richwhite in association with Cambridge Stud. No doubt that Sir P was fundamental in negotiating the purchase.

Patrick took ownership of the mare in the early 1990's when that Partnership was dissolved. All of these partnerships had limited terms of existence - usually 7 years.

Luckily for Sir P she was in foal to Zabeel when he took ownership, and the foal was Octagonal.

On 2/18/2016 at 10:36 PM, Berri said:

Look....Indy King is a very average stallion that isn't his old mans type. I know that's not what most people who are connected with the horse want to hear, but that's the way it is. He will produce a "good horse" but the genes are not him on type. Someone earlier in this thread why I was pumping up the Tavistocks....it was all based on type. ....Type rules, not fashion, or breeding. The sooner you breeding buffs figure this out the less disappointed you will be. I have yet to meet a breeding buff that is a champion breeder but I've met plenty of champion breeders who are stockmen.

It's the last part of this quote that gets to me Berri  what stats do you have that Type rules, and not fashion or i guess what you are trying to say here is  "line breeding "   And hey go talk to Kevin Hickman if you want to meet what you are seeking

We have two Indy King 2 year old fillies. We cannot afford to keep them and it is proving hard to sell them. It's not easy when the stud standing Indy King has nothing to represent their sire. Very nice strong types, big and easy to handle. Anyone interested, send us and email for photos or any information. They are residing at Cavallo, with Chris Rutten. Any reasonable offer considered. Email zaminka@clear.net.nz

17 hours ago, Hoof Hearted said:

We have two Indy King 2 year old fillies. We cannot afford to keep them and it is proving hard to sell them. It's not easy when the stud standing Indy King has nothing to represent their sire. Very nice strong types, big and easy to handle. Anyone interested, send us and email for photos or any information. They are residing at Cavallo, with Chris Rutten. Any reasonable offer considered. Email zaminka@clear.net.nz

Bit of advice, the monthly agistment is more than what the horses are worth. Give them away!

Berri advice was spot on. He wasn't the type of horse that could make it.

As can be seen by my comments in this thread, Zed is a far better bet with another Stakes winner today in the Leger at Trentham.