RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
henery

Auckland cup/ railway

What's your picks on the big night tomorrow mine is Auckland cup Jannik Code Nine Thrilling Butcha in railway Sozin's Comet Danato Cawbourne Queen but I've been watching the options betting and see that the 9 dog Big Jamesy has now been backed into fav so highly picking this dog will get a start so would have to be considered

So much of what goes on with the TAB and the dogs is messed up and this is just one example

How can the emergency be $2 in that field when we don't even know scratchings and it will definitely pay more than $2 tomorrow? The final fields on dog races are a total joke and I'd never take any of that until the day of the race. $5 for Call me Ralph? You've got to be joking.

Cup - I'm a big fan of the Butcha and finally started jumping so I'll stick with

Yes he is a big chance alright to win the cup yeah $2 is short but the way it won its nz first start was impressive so would have to be kept short think it was $2.80 this morning so must of been backed

Yes he is a big chance alright to win the cup yeah $2 is short but the way it won its nz first start was impressive so would have to be kept short think it was $2.80 this morning so must of been backed

No dog should be anywhere near $2 in the Railway, it's a tricky race.

Does anyone know who does the tipping on the agrc.co.nz email?  

Yes very tricky race but didn't open at that price must be getting backed but to be fair all it would have to do is repeat its first run and is hard to beat was unlucky in semi

Yes very tricky race but didn't open at that price must be getting backed but to be fair all it would have to do is repeat its first run and is hard to beat was unlucky in semi

Runs have been huge but seems to miss away a stride, will be harder to make up ground on that lot.  

There is more early speed than a grand prix.

Just been looking at all the fields, many of them look even.   

Runs have been huge but seems to miss away a stride, will be harder to make up ground on that lot.

There is more early speed than a grand prix.

Just been looking at all the fields, many of them look even.

He doesn't normally miss away dusty, check out his Australian runs and you'll see he's a flying machine. Went massive last week after missing away, I was so impressed with the way he made ground and his track sense looked pretty good. Personally I'm hoping he doesn't make the field because I took a Sozins / Code9 multi before the heats and if Jamesy is in there I don't think they'll beat him. $2 on the fixed with deductions to come is laughable tho. If he doesn't start then I'm real keen on Sozins Comet, absolute flying machine this dog, wouldn't be suprised to see him break 18.30 if he jumps like he normally does.

I think the first 50m will decide the winner of the cup, if Brando misses away like he normally does and gives code9 some early room then I don't think they'll beat him.

Good luck to punters/trainers and owners lucky enough to have a runner in the big races! Can't wait.

He doesn't normally miss away dusty, check out his Australian runs and you'll see he's a flying machine. Went massive last week after missing away, I was so impressed with the way he made ground and his track sense looked pretty good. Personally I'm hoping he doesn't make the field because I took a Sozins / Code9 multi before the heats and if Jamesy is in there I don't think they'll beat him. $2 on the fixed with deductions to come is laughable tho. If he doesn't start then I'm real keen on Sozins Comet, absolute flying machine this dog, wouldn't be suprised to see him break 18.30 if he jumps like he normally does.

I think the first 50m will decide the winner of the cup, if Brando misses away like he normally does and gives code9 some early room then I don't think they'll beat him.

Good luck to punters/trainers and owners lucky enough to have a runner in the big races! Can't wait.

True but it's like Need to Chill.  Apparently was a lid pinger in Aus, I haven't seen it lead here once.  

True but it's like Need to Chill. Apparently was a lid pinger in Aus, I haven't seen it lead here once.

He's only had 2 runs dusty! Check out his run in the heats... 18.28 first look means he's a very serious sprinter that is going to give connections a lot of fun in the next year or so me thinks... Confident he will beat bright star in the consolation if he's racing there.

Need To Chill really has been an enigma since coming over here, you always hear Rozo going on about his box speed in aus so I had a look at all of his runs a few weeks ago and he was electric early. Honestly if the Freeman/Turnwald team ever get him jumping then theirs not many dogs that can match him for speed and strength.

Looking forward to seeing Jinja Ruby on the undercard tomorrow night, she looks to be a pretty special bitch! Some pretty talented young dogs running around at the moment. Jinja Ruby, Robbie, Blitzing Mayhem, Culvie Magic, Really Clever, Magic Emily... Exciting times.

Wow need to chill has been scratched. Never saw that coming .

Its called making this sport a laughing case, The kennel scratch's one dog to give it's supposed best hope a run, laugh if it back fires, I wonder how many bags full changed hands in house for this to come about, Oh sorry just found out this is a genuine scratching as we all no they are an honest bunch and this is not an inside job as this is all above water, gurgle, gurgle. Just in case though they have plunged to fill all three bags full, thanks to the TAB........

Sozin's Comet/ BIg Jamesy in the Railway with Uno Lachlan  my roughie and in the Cup, Code Nine has been super impressive and is the one to beat with Jannik, Butcha and Know Class... Multi says Sozin's Comet and Code Nine.

You cannot prove what you have just posted and as a result it should be removed. Maybe it is sour grapes now your bullets are running out.

I think Jamesy will win and good on Paul and team. The only thing that stops me backing him is his name reminds me of someone.

Sorry Mike if you read the verse it doesn't accuse anyone of anything it is in humour the context and should not be removed. You must admit it does not look good scratching one dog from the same kennel to have there new star have a start in a group2 race even if it is with integrety the scratching. This is a public foroum and the kennel can reply to any posts if they so wish. I asure you there is no sour grapes from good old Bar Bar Black Sheep........I wish all the greatest results bestowed on all that deserve it.......

Sorry bout that Ba ba it didn't strike me as humorous and you will be aware of many instances where dogs have been scratched in the same circumstance before. We in fact had  a dog draw box 8 in a Sires Produce final while his wide running kennel mate who was unlucky in the heats was 1st reserve. Unfortunately the starter had to be scratched but we were rewarded when the reserve ran second.

Couple of points here; If in fact the scratching was necessary (with integrity) should Paul have scratched Jamsey as well so it did not look 'bad'

As you correctly stated it is a public forum which is why I am able to comment and if you have a look at the prizemoney the stake is $20,000 no longer group2.

One thing we agree on however is we wish all the greatest results bestowed on all who deserve it

Right I'm thinking outside the box again.

Railway - Call Me Ralph - $3/2

Cup - Know Class - $3/2

Things bit tight this week, copped bit of a hammering last week. That's punting all I'll wait till the next pay day - lol

I smell a rat with this scratching, if this so called sport had any integrity a full inquiry into this  should be done with the scratching, not many people with integrity in this sport so nothing will happen.

You cannot prove what you have just posted and as a result it should be removed. Maybe it is sour grapes now your bullets are running out.

I think Jamesy will win and good on Paul and team. The only thing that stops me backing him is his name reminds me of someone.

I have no dog in this Mike so am not bitter. Everybody knew this scratching would happen from moment jamesy was first reserve and need to chill got in final. The first reserve has been a $2 FF favourite all week. Now i have only been an owner for just under 2 years and been lucky enough to have a dog in 2 group one finals and a group 2. Never have i seen odds like this on a reserve in that time. The bookies knew what would happen too and kept Jamesy at short odds. Sorry Mike but in my opinion , and i am allowed one , this sucks !!.

I have no dog in this Mike so am not bitter. Everybody knew this scratching would happen from moment jamesy was first reserve and need to chill got in final. The first reserve has been a $2 FF favourite all week. Now i have only been an owner for just under 2 years and been lucky enough to have a dog in 2 group one finals and a group 2. Never have i seen odds like this on a reserve in that time. The bookies knew what would happen too and kept Jamesy at short odds. Sorry Mike but in my opinion , and i am allowed one , this sucks !!.

Fortunately I have had the oppertunity in both Group 1, 2, 3 and listed races and this is an issue for the stipes and if it is not looked into fastidiously how can this sport be taken honestly. It is a complete joke or is that choke...............sorry my due claw is sore..............no worries bring in the replacement......................

I think i'll stick with my two - Cawbourne Queen and Know Class!! as 'bblunt' has said I've been on 'fire' , Tipping NZ Cup winner and Wellington Cup winner - here's hoping ill get the Cup and Railway tonight. Also for some value i like Roqette in the railway and Valain's Flyer in the Cup! Happy Punting :)