RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE TORCH

"Stop feeling sorry for them!"

Only you and I Pogo can see where the problem lies, i was really hoping for a bigger scoreline tonight.

I'm a little filthy on the Storm though I had lined up the Warriors for the Spoon just under 12 months ago, and backed them heavily after they fluked the win against the bulldogs, only now to be refunded (evetually) on all my spoon bets.

The Warriors now lie 2 pts from the bottom of the table.

Did you see Clearly in the box no emotion whatsoever.

Was thinking exactly the same thing about Tate on the wing, what a waste.

I also heard the commentators say Locke played FULLBACK for reserve grade in the NSW cup, surely that can't be right he's a winger LMFAO, he's as much a winger as Tate is.

There they were sitting 4th on the ladder, just like they were last year equall favs after the first 2 rounds, but what we must remember is under Cleary the Warriors play the same brand of football from week 1 through to week 26, where the other teams improve with every outing.

Hopefully the Warriors get beat by 60-70 next week, the higher the loss the more hope i have of the Cleary dynasty will come crashing down I don't know if i can handle him at the club for 2010 2011 and 2012, that's just 3 more years wasted.

A massive oppertunity is there for the Warriors to sign Stephen Kearney, he done the impossible won the WC, has had several years under Belly, now's the time to act, get the Warriors into the top 4 or top 8 at least.

That preformance tonight was PATHETIC

Cleary WILL go , sooner rather than later, if you get Kearney, blokes like Mateo and others will sign and you WILL win a comp within the next few years...

Meanwhile Cronulla has great beaches, beautiful waterways , the King Wan and .....the 1977 Amco Cup.

Go the Warriors.

Man, I hurt so bad watching the game last night, but to be honest I felt a bit for the boys.

More or less we were ambushed. It's not fair that teams have to come up against a Melbourne team who have players on the field who shouldn't be there, and an attitude of nothing to lose. It's pretty hard to compete against that sort of stuff.

Also don't forget we were without arguably our 4 most influencial players. Vatuvei, Mannering, Price and our halfback Seymour! Our team isn't balanced as a result, we got Tate playing wing, Hohaia in the halves Matulino playing front row, I mean please.

I also hate how it's almost come out that the Storm are the victims here. They are dirty cheats and scum on the field. That late shot of Jeff Lima's on Luck was thuggery, and from a kiwi as well.

It just annoys me how teams are going to suffer defeats from the Storm and it could potentially affect there season.

I mean what did yesterdays loss to our confidence? What will it to do for our crowd numbers on Saturday night? I dear say there will be some who won't turn up on Saturday on the back of last nights performance?

And that's not fair because at the end of the day the Storm are still cheating because they are still over the cap and still fielding an illegal roster and it's bloody annoying!

Very true Mr WB. I really like the Storm, love watching them play, etc but you are right. The punishments handed down to the Storm retrospectively are correct (I do feel sorry for the players as "apparently" they are not at fault), but the true problem is the "no points - no premiership chase" penalty imposed on them. The fact that teams now have to "earn" points against them is tough. Gallop stated it had to be a decision that was fair to the other 15 teams in the comp. A possible answer would have been to expel the Storm for the remainder of the year. The other teams recieve a bye and 2 points. Those that play them twice get only one 2 point "gift", and those who have actually "truly" defeated the Storm (Manly for example) recieve some sort of respite at the end of the season if they are tied on points when in or just outside of the top 8 come finals time. Thats just a suggestion but in this mess not everyone is going to be pleased by the punishments handed out and that is purely down to the timing of this controversy being discovered.

The Footy Show on Sunday was brilliant viewing. Every member in the discussion group offered excellent views to the whole drama. Gallop stood firm and put across all the facts to the investigation, Sterlo raised a great point in how the Storm could and should be still able to play a meaningful part in the premiership (while starting at zero points), and Gus Gould put across his strong arguement in his usual logical way. All emphatically were trying to find answers that were for the good of the game. All up front, straight to the point, and deeply honest.

A few other codes could learn a lot from how the NRL has been so transparent in the past week.

Man, I hurt so bad watching the game last night, but to be honest I felt a bit for the boys.

More or less we were ambushed. It's not fair that teams have to come up against a Melbourne team who have players on the field who shouldn't be there, and an attitude of nothing to lose. It's pretty hard to compete against that sort of stuff.

Also don't forget we were without arguably our 4 most influencial players. Vatuvei, Mannering, Price and our halfback Seymour! Our team isn't balanced as a result, we got Tate playing wing, Hohaia in the halves Matulino playing front row, I mean please.

I also hate how it's almost come out that the Storm are the victims here. They are dirty cheats and scum on the field. That late shot of Jeff Lima's on Luck was thuggery, and from a kiwi as well.

It just annoys me how teams are going to suffer defeats from the Storm and it could potentially affect there season.

I mean what did yesterdays loss to our confidence? What will it to do for our crowd numbers on Saturday night? I dear say there will be some who won't turn up on Saturday on the back of last nights performance?

And that's not fair because at the end of the day the Storm are still cheating because they are still over the cap and still fielding an illegal roster and it's bloody annoying!

Great post! 100% agree with you.

Very true Mr WB. I really like the Storm, love watching them play, etc but you are right. The punishments handed down to the Storm retrospectively are correct (I do feel sorry for the players as "apparently" they are not at fault), but the true problem is the "no points - no premiership chase" penalty imposed on them. The fact that teams now have to "earn" points against them is tough. Gallop stated it had to be a decision that was fair to the other 15 teams in the comp. A possible answer would have been to expel the Storm for the remainder of the year. The other teams recieve a bye and 2 points. Those that play them twice get only one 2 point "gift", and those who have actually "truly" defeated the Storm (Manly for example) recieve some sort of respite at the end of the season if they are tied on points when in or just outside of the top 8 come finals time. Thats just a suggestion but in this mess not everyone is going to be pleased by the punishments handed out and that is purely down to the timing of this controversy being discovered.

The Footy Show on Sunday was brilliant viewing. Every member in the discussion group offered excellent views to the whole drama. Gallop stood firm and put across all the facts to the investigation, Sterlo raised a great point in how the Storm could and should be still able to play a meaningful part in the premiership (while starting at zero points), and Gus Gould put across his strong arguement in his usual logical way. All emphatically were trying to find answers that were for the good of the game. All up front, straight to the point, and deeply honest.

A few other codes could learn a lot from how the NRL has been so transparent in the past week.

I though Phil Gould's finger pointing and lack of respect for David Gallop was poor at best.

Gould has certainly changed a lot since the days he trained at Giles Coogee, frequented Wentworth Park dogs and partied hard.

Gallop has the toughest job in the game, Gould has supposedly all the answers but does nothing but snipe.

Melbourne and Bellamy were the architect of the grapple tackle, the chicken wing and party to the biggest rort in Australian sports history.

I hope they enjoy the spoon and subsequent loss of sponsors and top line players.

F...em !

I though Phil Gould's finger pointing and lack of respect for David Gallop was poor at best.

Gould has certainly changed a lot since the days he trained at Giles Coogee, frequented Wentworth Park dogs and partied hard.

Gallop has the toughest job in the game, Gould has supposedly all the answers but does nothing but snipe.

Melbourne and Bellamy were the architect of the grapple tackle, the chicken wing and party to the biggest rort in Australian sports history.

I hope they enjoy the spoon and subsequent loss of sponsors and top line players.

F...em !

:D

Certainly a club that polarises people thats for sure Pogo! You are right though. Those tactics and the thuggery of Lima and White last night do them no favours in the fairplay stakes, nor does the depression snipes by a certain B.Slater. Accusations now that Storm players were recieving boats,etc as payments or "gifts". Somehow you just know more will come from all of this and dissolve the sympathy votes that were initially going through some peoples minds.

I'm a little filthy on the Storm though I had lined up the Warriors for the Spoon just under 12 months ago, and backed them heavily after they fluked the win against the bulldogs, only now to be refunded (evetually) on all my spoon bets.

The Warriors now lie 2 pts from the bottom of the table.

Still available at 10/1 in market without Storm.

Still available at 10/1 in market without Storm.

Thats still good odds, they should lengthen by beating the Raiders at home, and the bye the week later, and even the Cowboys at home the week after.

I see SB longest odds are 50/1

mmmmm! maybe another club over the cap.

Tigers?????

Thats still good odds, they should lengthen by beating the Raiders at home, and the bye the week later, and even the Cowboys at home the week after.

I see SB longest odds are 50/1

mmmmm! maybe another club over the cap.

Tigers?????

Maybe it's Russell Crow Baa and his mates, they might be payng the half back 2 and sixpence , if they are they are grossly overpaying the vertically challenged muppet......

I think most clubs have favours.

Sandow has been shocking, at least his coloured boots have dissappeared

Poor old Cronulla can't even spend all their cap.

Where did Karl Filiga end up?, another sporting myth maybe, or a player that will never reach their full potential

you are right about the refs torch, that first 20 minutes was close to straight out cheating. and the commentators were almost as sickening - not a word about the forward passes or the holding down in the tackle.

agreed the warriors were sht house after that but they were given no chance by the refs.

and the melbourne team - the arrogant cheating pricks are unbelievable with their behaviour - acting as if they have stuck it up the nrl and all the other clubs and fans.

they thought they had just achieved something great but they had about $1.5 - $2million advantage over the warriors who were missing four of their big earners.

i hope bellyache gets a punch from kearney or someone because he is making a fool of himself and he needs fired from the blues job because he cant ruin that for us as well. they really do suck.

and the players must have known they were over the cap as well

I think most clubs have favours.

Sandow has been shocking, at least his coloured boots have dissappeared

Poor old Cronulla can't even spend all their cap.

Where did Karl Filiga end up?, another sporting myth maybe, or a player that will never reach their full potential

Cronulla are spending their cap but that includes the other sides NSW Cup / NYC , it's a Claytons cap...

Karl McNichol aka Karl Filiga is playing for some feeder club to Parramatta.

I was talking to a well known player manager recently who reckoned if you could put Karl in a gap he was unstoppable BUT if he had to think or read numbers in defence he was as useful as a kiwi 2yo...........

VC will Cronulla EVER win a comp or should i get some tattoos and stock the fridge with Steinlagers , learn the Haka and get a Warriors key ring ?????

you are right about the refs torch, that first 20 minutes was close to straight out cheating. and the commentators were almost as sickening - not a word about the forward passes or the holding down in the tackle.

agreed the warriors were sht house after that but they were given no chance by the refs.

and the melbourne team - the arrogant cheating pricks are unbelievable with their behaviour - acting as if they have stuck it up the nrl and all the other clubs and fans.

they thought they had just achieved something great but they had about $1.5 - $2million advantage over the warriors who were missing four of their big earners.

i hope bellyache gets a punch from kearney or someone because he is making a fool of himself and he needs fired from the blues job because he cant ruin that for us as well. they really do suck.

and the players must have known they were over the cap as well

candidate for the best post of 2010.

VC will Cronulla EVER win a comp or should i get some tattoos and stock the fridge with Steinlagers , learn the Haka and get a Warriors key ring ?????

Any team can win the comp Pogo,

Today EVERY team is up with the fitness stakes, even the Warriors.

You no longer have an edge over another team as far as fitness goes it's part and parcell of the modern game.

I believe todays game is more Mental, you need the right people to mentally prepare your side week in week out, have them mentally ready game day, it's a tough ask 26 weeks to turn up ready to play week in week out.

That aside you need a coach with a football brain, one that you respect, and when he speaks, you listen, one that hates losing, and can instill passion into a side.

A coach who can analyse another teams weakness, and prepare a game plan to topple the opposition.

You need talent scouts across the country watching both codes waiting for a oppertunity.

But most of all you need to recruit well in the off season, realise where your weakness lies and address the problem.

Cronulla IMHO have NEVER Recruited well enough, they have the right coach but not the right players in the right position.

Albert Kelly is a player with huge potential but he is not a Fullback he is a 5/8, he is a strike weapon and i can see Stuart wanting him in the side.

I said on here the two teams that recruited the best were the Tigers and Penrith, look where Penrith stand at the minute, and they have a Passionate coach with a football brain, and may well be a threat this year.

Cronulla recruit well they will be a chance, they need strike weapons, Ferguson aside they don't have them, next year Kelly will play 5/8, they buy well and things will turn around.

As for the Warriors they are no hope while Cleary remains, so that wipes out the next 3 seasons.

They played well while Hohaia was at Fullback, he was also the standout player at FULLBACK when the Kiwi's won the WC, so why shift him.

Locke should be 5/8 and Johnson 1/2, anyway iv'e thrashed this to death.

Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamos

Aww poor wee tony wony is back. Id say you're "out on the fool" as well if you cant admit to these refs being terrible.

Bloody refs are at it again :mad:

The raiders are leading 16 zip after 20mins, bloody refs.