RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE TORCH

"Stop feeling sorry for them!"

A brilliant yet apt quote from Michael Luck at the refs in tonights match. In what is the best comp on earth yet another game will be marred by pathetic officiating. Warriors on the end of 4 average calls in the first 16 minutes. Like a mate just text me:Perhaps the Storm are over the salary cap because they pay the refs as well! :D Standard joke Australian officiating.

Storm score another try after two definite penalties in our previous set of 6 go unnoticed. A kick goes through and the Warriors catcher is dragged down in mid air. Beaver Brains the ref puts the whistle to his mouth but then lets it go. Two tackles later a Warrior is trying to get up from a tackle ans is kidney hit from a late defender. Dummy half Henderson protests but he's p#$$&*@ against the wind tonight. Warriors not doing themselves any favours but c'mon Aussie....this is blatant even by your standards.

In what is the best comp on earth yet another game will be marred by pathetic officiating. Warriors on the end of 4 average calls in the first 16 minutes.

Aww poor wee lightbulb, not to mention poor tackling/defence, throwing the ball out in the attempt to pass, kicking out on the full, intercepts, :D bloody aussie refs are to blame, anything but the warriors fault.

Aww poor wee lightbulb, not to mention poor tackling/defence, throwing the ball out in the attempt to pass, kicking out on the full, intercepts, :D bloody aussie refs are to blame, anything but the warriors fault.

Aww poor wee tony wony is back. Id say you're "out on the fool" as well if you cant admit to these refs being terrible.

Is there a better team on attack than the Storm?! Brilliant how they have so many runners go to the line to support the ball carrier. Prime illustration of the theory that most of the work in attack is by those without the ball. Superb.

One has to wonder why Ivan Cleary can not instill such a philosophy with the Warriors. He's not the type of coach to give a "blast" at halftime and the 2nd forty reflects that. His job MUST BE on the line now.

Storm score another try after two definite penalties in our previous set of 6 go unnoticed. A kick goes through and the Warriors catcher is dragged down in mid air. Beaver Brains the ref puts the whistle to his mouth but then lets it go. Two tackles later a Warrior is trying to get up from a tackle ans is kidney hit from a late defender. Dummy half Henderson protests but he's p#$$&*@ against the wind tonight. Warriors not doing themselves any favours but c'mon Aussie....this is blatant even by your standards.

Mate, we're getting hammered by a club in turmoil and you're blaming the ref.

Guys like you give Kiwis a bad name!

Yeah but old lightbulb still dont get it, not very bright is he??

The warriors arent even winning the fights either :D

A club in turmoil or a club that has cheated for 5 years?? They play great footy though. Shame their administrators are cowards like Brett Whites WWF manouvre to Russell Packer! How bad can ya be?But nevertheless he got away with it. :D

Michael Luck just serving it up big time which is outstanding. And I loved the way Rapira gave White the look. He didnt look too tough after that :D

Icing on the cake re the refs. 79th minute and Beaver Brains is still saying "mate" to the Storm players even after seeing Jeff Lima blind swipe Luck. What clowns those boys in pink are. Could be the norm for all Storm matches this year!

Yes I thought that was a kind gesture by the Warriors to help the embattled Storm through their off field problems.

What a rabble.Lucky they took all the Storms points off them or the Warriors would be spoon fav.

Yep, Torch, take the positive out of the game: I thought the Warriors fought back superbly well to win the last 13 minutes...

I dont think it mattered... I wonder if any Japanese were watching? Aye Pogo????

LOL Sayonara ....

What a sad day for sport on both sides of the Tasman.

The rorters win in a canter and the Warriors, gee what can you say except Von Cettes is on the money regarding the muppet in the coaches box.

Tate > Brisbane next year and why not, fancy putting him on the wing.

.. Akuma Ta'ai is my new favourite player.

LOL Sayonara ....

What a sad day for sport on both sides of the Tasman.

The rorters win in a canter and the Warriors, gee what can you say except Von Cettes is on the money regarding the muppet in the coaches box.

Tate > Brisbane next year and why not, fancy putting him on the wing.

.. Akuma Ta'ai is my new favourite player.

Only you and I Pogo can see where the problem lies, i was really hoping for a bigger scoreline tonight.

I'm a little filthy on the Storm though I had lined up the Warriors for the Spoon just under 12 months ago, and backed them heavily after they fluked the win against the bulldogs, only now to be refunded (evetually) on all my spoon bets.

The Warriors now lie 2 pts from the bottom of the table.

Did you see Clearly in the box no emotion whatsoever.

Was thinking exactly the same thing about Tate on the wing, what a waste.

I also heard the commentators say Locke played FULLBACK for reserve grade in the NSW cup, surely that can't be right he's a winger LMFAO, he's as much a winger as Tate is.

There they were sitting 4th on the ladder, just like they were last year equall favs after the first 2 rounds, but what we must remember is under Cleary the Warriors play the same brand of football from week 1 through to week 26, where the other teams improve with every outing.

Hopefully the Warriors get beat by 60-70 next week, the higher the loss the more hope i have of the Cleary dynasty will come crashing down I don't know if i can handle him at the club for 2010 2011 and 2012, that's just 3 more years wasted.

A massive oppertunity is there for the Warriors to sign Stephen Kearney, he done the impossible won the WC, has had several years under Belly, now's the time to act, get the Warriors into the top 4 or top 8 at least.

That preformance tonight was PATHETIC

heres half the problem,they are shocking recruiters.U 20s star likiliki,and hes a star made u20s nrl best squad last year,wants to play warriors we are short of good centre bar tate,not wanted by warriors,manager now has 5 contracts on desk as we speak.We let steve rapira go only to by him back for next year at big bucks when they had him here,and now likiliki likely to become a knight,who is letting this talent go and buying in the rubbish.

Only you and I Pogo can see where the problem lies, i was really hoping for a bigger scoreline tonight.

I'm a little filthy on the Storm though I had lined up the Warriors for the Spoon just under 12 months ago, and backed them heavily after they fluked the win against the bulldogs, only now to be refunded (evetually) on all my spoon bets.

I also heard the commentators say Locke played FULLBACK for reserve grade in the NSW cup, surely that can't be right he's a winger LMFAO, he's as much a winger as Tate is.

There they were sitting 4th on the ladder, just like they were last year equall favs after the first 2 rounds, but what we must remember is under Cleary the Warriors play the same brand of football from week 1 through to week 26, where the other teams improve with every outing.

Hopefully the Warriors get beat by 60-70 next week, the higher the loss the more hope i have of the Cleary dynasty will come crashing down I don't know if i can handle him at the club for 2010 2011 and 2012, that's just 3 more years wasted.

A massive oppertunity is there for the Warriors to sign Stephen Kearney, he done the impossible won the WC, has had several years under Belly, now's the time to act, get the Warriors into the top 4 or top 8 at least.

Big patches were pathetic VC. Letting in so many tries one would straight away point to the defence as being the problem. Well yes it is but it was a domino effect from the poor attack we had operating. The first 9 sets saw only 4 completed without error! Lack of completion meant we had to defend more than the disciplined Storm and that lead to tiredness which opened up holes as big as an Icelandic volcano. What was so annoying is the Warriors actually looked the dominant team for the 1st 10 minutes. They defended in packs of 3 or 4, repeatedly piled the Storm big men backwards and didnt let them out of their half much at all. Chuck in Beaver Brains terrible decisions and the handling errors between the 10th and 20th minutes and the slide was on its way however.

Last year I felt the Warriors were unfit compared to other teams. They lacked impact on attack. Over Xmas they apparently ran their butts off and do look fitter now. But we can see the main problem is Clearys lack of coaching and direction on the teams attacking tactics. Like I said before - we need players doing the work off the ball. More men need to go to the line. We are sick of the one off/one man standard hit up that Cleary thinks is the key. Even if you stuck to that "plan" and had 1 or 2 more runners shading the ball carrier you would gain an extra 2 or 3 metres per tackle. Multiply that by 6 and Malony is kicking from just over halfway instead of getting 40/20 practice in every set.

The only bit of passion from the Warriors came when White thought he was Hulk Hogan and Slater spat the dummy at Michael Luck. Luck is a great leader as he gets fired up, stands for no crap from the refs, and leads by example. Meek Ivan could take a leaf from his book.

heres half the problem,they are shocking recruiters.U 20s star likiliki,and hes a star made u20s nrl best squad last year,wants to play warriors we are short of good centre bar tate,not wanted by warriors,manager now has 5 contracts on desk as we speak.We let steve rapira go only to by him back for next year at big bucks when they had him here,and now likiliki likely to become a knight,who is letting this talent go and buying in the rubbish.

True.

Man, I hurt so bad watching the game last night, but to be honest I felt a bit for the boys.

More or less we were ambushed. It's not fair that teams have to come up against a Melbourne team who have players on the field who shouldn't be there, and an attitude of nothing to lose. It's pretty hard to compete against that sort of stuff.

Also don't forget we were without arguably our 4 most influencial players. Vatuvei, Mannering, Price and our halfback Seymour! Our team isn't balanced as a result, we got Tate playing wing, Hohaia in the halves Matulino playing front row, I mean please.

I also hate how it's almost come out that the Storm are the victims here. They are dirty cheats and scum on the field. That late shot of Jeff Lima's on Luck was thuggery, and from a kiwi as well.

It just annoys me how teams are going to suffer defeats from the Storm and it could potentially affect there season.

I mean what did yesterdays loss to our confidence? What will it to do for our crowd numbers on Saturday night? I dear say there will be some who won't turn up on Saturday on the back of last nights performance?

And that's not fair because at the end of the day the Storm are still cheating because they are still over the cap and still fielding an illegal roster and it's bloody annoying!

Man, I hurt so bad watching the game last night, but to be honest I felt a bit for the boys.

More or less we were ambushed. It's not fair that teams have to come up against a Melbourne team who have players on the field who shouldn't be there, and an attitude of nothing to lose. It's pretty hard to compete against that sort of stuff.

Also don't forget we were without arguably our 4 most influencial players. Vatuvei, Mannering, Price and our halfback Seymour! Our team isn't balanced as a result, we got Tate playing wing, Hohaia in the halves Matulino playing front row, I mean please.

I also hate how it's almost come out that the Storm are the victims here. They are dirty cheats and scum on the field. That late shot of Jeff Lima's on Luck was thuggery, and from a kiwi as well.

It just annoys me how teams are going to suffer defeats from the Storm and it could potentially affect there season.

I mean what did yesterdays loss to our confidence? What will it to do for our crowd numbers on Saturday night? I dear say there will be some who won't turn up on Saturday on the back of last nights performance?

And that's not fair because at the end of the day the Storm are still cheating because they are still over the cap and still fielding an illegal roster and it's bloody annoying!

Great post, better user name.

Who is the most successfull ex player to be a coach currently....probably Des Hasler ? ?

Stuart, Fittler, Cleary, Brown ... Well I don't have to tell you what I think of them as coaches...their results speak for themselves (remembering Brown had a very good team that he couldn't coach to a Premiereship)...

Pathetic performance....luckily I got to watch The Mighty Dragons win well prior to that painful display by The Warriors

Jezza