RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Turny

venus serena

I hear this every year. Adore Me last year got the same raps and was it Bettorcoverlover the year before.

Can't get enthused im afraid not with half fields at Premier meeting. Industry is in massive trouble.

I planned on going out but not for dog racing in sulkies. Its been like this at the park all season.Good fields down south but Aucland is a joke.

I hear this every year. Adore Me last year got the same raps and was it Bettorcoverlover the year before.

Can't get enthused im afraid not with half fields at Premier meeting. Industry is in massive trouble.

I planned on going out but not for dog racing in sulkies. Its been like this at the park all season.Good fields down south but Aucland is a joke.

Dont forget Carabella, she was a phenom

Nobody could argue the dominance of Venus Serena last light. As soon as she got the lead the race was effectively over. Dominated from the front and the others couldn't even get close enough during the running to put any pressure on her. If ever I've seen a race that was over well before the actual finish it was last nights race. Impossible not to be impressed.

Having said that and no disrespect intended to the other runners in last nights race I didn't feel that was one of the better Northern Oaks fields I've seen in terms of quality and depth. Time will tell on that score. All she can do is win and she did that big time!

One thing that I've noticed with the better quality fillies and mares over the years is their physical presence. Jack Smolenski's Gina Rosa always looked like a male body builder alongside the females she was racing. They usually just look so much stronger and older than their opposition. Not always the case but more often than not.

Venus Serena reminded me very much of Blossom Lady last night. I hope she goes on and does similar as an older mare.

Surprised me in not placing in the Oaks last week.

Difficult to win from Gate nine in a mobile at Addington. That draw has beaten better horses than Venus Serena in the past and it did again. She also wasn't helped by the fact that she was forced wide when the McGrath runner veered out forcing her over extra ground. 

No doubt she is still the queen when it comes to the fillies.But with  her being unplaced last Friday,it will no doubt give her rivals a little bit of confidence heading into the Jewels.If she draws wide out,like she did in the Oaks then she could be vulnerable again,but if she draws a nice marble then they will be hard pressed to 'ace' her.

She should win the Jewels, but as I said on the opening thread she has been up for 8 months now, maybe the edge just may be kicking in ........ she is still something special and fights like a tiger when headed. Superb animal, but, as they say, "they all get beaten sometime"..

Yea she was certainly tough yesterday,but I was glad to see her win,she's been the dominate filly all year and she deserved to get a double Jewels success.Hopefully they will give her a good break now,and am sure she will come back even better as a 4yr old.