RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
merv o brien

Can someone explain.

So once again the lower graded dogs are getting an advantage of getting extra starts over higher graded dogs......so a C3 dog can compete in both the C2-C3 series as well as the C4-C5 series as well providing the club gives them a start, whereas the C4 and C5 can only compete in the higher graded series, doesn't wash too well with me.

Yes I do, very astute of you to notice. Yes a C5 dog getting a start in a C5 race, nothing to complain about at all, that wasn't the point of the thread. Why should the lower graded dogs get the advantage of being able to race up a grade, wouldn't be popular if it was the other way around, especially when there are NZRS races especially designed for them.

I know this has nothing to do with it but the dog is now c4. Did any c4 or c5 dogs that got nominated miss out on a start? Please list them! Also they aren't full fields so whats the big problem.

Merv

Nice to see we now have common sense resulting in 3 heats.

Without Opawa Mez  there would've been only 2 heats and 3 class 4 dogs would've missed out.

We will continue to breed and whelp our broodies in New Zealand and I am sure you will also.

Regards

Robin

Robin

I fully  understand where your coming from, but the way it is now any C0 can now nominate for the C4-5 Breeders Series as well as the C0-C1 and the C2-3.... Were as C4--C5 Graded dog can only run in the C4 -5 Breeders Series..

Think were finished Breeding here in New Zealand , whats the point of trying to improve the quality of dogs in this country..

The Industry here needs to have some sort of 5 or 10 year plan laid out to have the industry progressing the way it should be, but unfortunately not..

All our future breeding looks like it will all be done out of Victoria.

It is ludicrous that a c1 dog that was good enough to win a C4 and C5 series event could carry on in the c0 and c1 series at the next opportunity without penalty. What could happen with the new rules is that people with a good enough dog will be able to just race in the series all season or in fact season after season without penalty.

I think the series is not achieving what it was designed to do. If you look back  over the last few years the spoils have been spread pretty thin.

Someone like yourself Robin who has travelled extensively with dogs for the series, could just concentrate on the series and nothing else without penalty all season.

Good on you by the way for giving it the effort but I don't think it is the best system to reward NZ breeders overall.

Robin

I fully  understand where your coming from, but the way it is now any C0 can now nominate for the C4-5 Breeders Series as well as the C0-C1 and the C2-3.... Were as C4--C5 Graded dog can only run in the C4 -5 Breeders Series..

Think were finished Breeding here in New Zealand , whats the point of trying to improve the quality of dogs in this country..

The Industry here needs to have some sort of 5 or 10 year plan laid out to have the industry progressing the way it should be, but unfortunately not..

All our future breeding looks like it will all be done out of Victoria.

Fully understand where you are coming from Merv. The goats here, sorry goats, that should be idiots that sit around the board table continually fiddling with the rules have a lot to answer for. Any plan they devise has a lifespan of about 5 minutes before they realise they have made another f#ckup. They just seem incapable of forward planning and vision for the future. All of this continual fiddling takes away confidence when it comes to breeding. Breeders need stability as having litters is a long term project (2yrs), and this is not happening in NZ. This welfare position is another example of amatures interfaring with the breeding process, and is an unnessesary reaction to halfwitts and stupidity.