RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dustydreamnz

Magic Bolt

Maybe it's the big punter versus smaller one mentioned in an earlier post

Maybe when Paul Cook was in charge... I highly doubt our tab is letting the bigger punters on for more than the small punter, from what I've heard the opposite is more likely... Try get a 4,5 figure bet on with them and see how you go... ( I haven't but I've heard of many people getting cut back and offered a certain amount at a lower price )...

Obviously not in the tab's interest to let the bigger punter on at 3.5 when in hindsight he was a $1.60 shot and paid less than that the tote... I'd be interested to know how much $ they accepted at 3.5 but I guess we will never know.

I also don't think our TAB is that advanced technologically that they have a system of offering 2 different books for a different range of punter.

I feel sorry for any punter that likes the same dog I do but bets later.....

Last Sunday I took a $50 multi on two $7 shots.

They were both immediately moved into $5-50 despite no liability on the first dog (as had it won all the proceeds go onto the second) and no liability on the second dog until and if the first dog won!!!!

They both lost btw. :-(

"Highly Doubt our TAB is letting the bigger punters on for more than the small punter"?... such nonsense assumptions!

Of course the NZ TAB is letting the big punters with a "Losing Ledger" on for more than the small punters. They will just eventually churn it back!

The Top 400 TAB Customers get treated far differently to the rest.  The TAB has also profiled the Top 400 and put them into TIERS with upper betting limits adjusted +/- dependent on the "Losing Ledger"

They're not the Top 400 because they are all winners ;)

My time was off the TAB.co.nz site, so shouldnt it be the same as every other site user...And I'd prefer not to name and shame, just acknowledge how silly the game has become. When friendships are ruined because of faster running dogs....

And it was bang on 8.30am (according to their site)... I was still happy with $1.90, but I wouldve been chuffed with $3.5 lol

I feel sorry for any punter that likes the same dog I do but bets later.....

Last Sunday I took a $50 multi on two $7 shots.

They were both immediately moved into $5-50 despite no liability on the first dog (as had it won all the proceeds go onto the second) and no liability on the second dog until and if the first dog won!!!!

They both lost btw. :-(

That makes more sense as to what happened with howrude

And it was bang on 8.30am (according to their site)... I was still happy with $1.90, but I wouldve been chuffed with $3.5 lol

I thought $3.50 was a fair price til I saw it run!  Must be related to Usain.  

I saw a big punter take a $100 straight treble once, needless to say none of them won.  

I thought $3.50 was a fair price til I saw it run!  Must be related to Usain.  

I saw a big punter take a $100 straight treble once, needless to say none of them won.  

Only once has that ever paid off for me...I took a $10 straight quaddie down at chch, it paid $124...$100 treble for none of them to come in -gambling lol

I know a high profile horse owner that bets huge, the TAB let him on 1st for about $10,000 then shorten the odds. In other words, they allow him first crack at the pie.

That's interesting John, I believe it should be one for all though when it comes to odds.