RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dustydreamnz

Raw Energy

I don't think it's enough dusty but I also don't think a $200 fine will do anything either. The dog should have to be vetted within 24 hours by a vet non related to the McInerney camp or the dog should get a 28 day stand down...

If they are going to run an operation so big at least treat the punters with a bit of respect.

In the last 6 weeks or so I can remember them bringing the wrong dog to the races and on a different occasion having to scratch a number of dogs that were meant to run in back to back meetings and yet didn't receive any stand down period for his dogs, just a measly JCA report where he would get fined $300.

Seems there are rules for some and a different set for the McInerneys.

Why would you want to speak to them, they dont abide by the rule book they do whatever they thinks alright by them..

Should have been an automatic 28 day standown and hit them where it herts a $ 2000 fine..

Whats happened about the double nomination case, grow some balls you barstards,every dog that day should have been given 28 days and the trainer been given multiple fines..

The Industries  bigger than  the McInerneys so follow the rule book and charge them

It's happened with other trainers as well where they have left without doing vet checks. Sometimes it's accidental, forgetting about it and sometimes it's not.

Unsure about this case.

Merv, you obviously have something against then personally as I only ever read negativity from you towards them.

I think the dog should have been presented to another vet within 48hrs of race time and contact should have been made to the kennels to specify this otherwise they would impose a 28 day stand down.

I don't know what will happen from here but I guess we can only wait and see.

It's happened with other trainers as well where they have left without doing vet checks. Sometimes it's accidental, forgetting about it and sometimes it's not.

Unsure about this case.

Merv, you obviously have something against then personally as I only ever read negativity from you towards them.

I think the dog should have been presented to another vet within 48hrs of race time and contact should have been made to the kennels to specify this otherwise they would impose a 28 day stand down.

I don't know what will happen from here but I guess we can only wait and see.

Yeah, I personally don't have a problem with the McInerney's.  I just thought this was an alarming case, I wasn't even sure it was happening regularly but I think it's like anything.  If the rules aren't being followed then increase the fines.  

to someone 'outside' of greyhounds..this appears very dodgy according to how poor the dog went in relation to how strongly it was backed :o

The dog doesn't like inside draws and tends to spook when crowded.  Whether this was why he failed I don't know.  

Another good reason for turning up to the vet check is to stop people speculating.   

Surely the dog gets out out for 28 days for an unsatisfactory performance today?? Gutless performance as a $1.6 fav. Especially after not turning up to the vet check last start! I look forward to reading the stipes report as once again it's the punters that get burnt once again. ( No I didn't have a bet in the race so I'm not talking out of my pocket. )

Surely the dog gets out out for 28 days for an unsatisfactory performance today?? Gutless performance as a $1.6 fav. Especially after not turning up to the vet check last start! I look forward to reading the stipes report as once again it's the punters that get burnt once again. ( No I didn't have a bet in the race so I'm not talking out of my pocket. )

Mmm, I think the punters who back him need a 28 day stand down too, as good as the dog is, he is always under the odds.  

Raw Energy collapsed and died after a workout last week.

I know this greyhound was something of an enigma but I felt he was the one dog I have seen over the last 6 months or so that could have threatened, or even perhaps broken, Miss Koonawarra's 520m record at Addington.

Very bad luck for Geoff Bate and the McInerney team.

I know this greyhound was something of an enigma but I felt he was the one dog I have seen over the last 6 months or so that could have threatened, or even perhaps broken, Miss Koonawarra's 520m record at Addington.

As an aside,Geoff kept Miss Koonawarra as a Pet when her racing career was cruely cut short after only 17 starts(12 wins by total 95 lengths)She was fresh out of C1 when lining up in $40k Top Gun Invitational 2008,and it was in this race that she created the still standing track record.

Believe me,Geoff was not waiting for 'Goody's' record to be broken.

After a 4 year wait,she finally came into season,and was to be mated with a Bombastic Shiraz straw.Sadly she passed away recently. 

That is very sad news..........For this to happen to any dog...............but this fella suited his name, He had True Speed.............He always gave that feeling what will he do today, Blitz them or what, he was a nice dog..............