RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Str8Shooter

Finally action on Betfair.....

I have just recently looked at opening an account at Betfair account.

Not sure if you live in Aus or NZ, but I was interested to know info about withdrawing money out of accounts, is it easy from NZ?

Also, are most NZ races covered? Is betfair the best option if I bet mainly on nags, more than sports? Any Info would be good. Ta

A good question Spaniel - the answer is Zippo

The other question tho, is why are loyal customers leaving and going to Betfair - that is the question that need to be answered and acted upon to ensure they continue to receive funds. All pretty simple really

The other question tho, is why are loyal customers leaving and going to Betfair - that is the question that need to be answered and acted upon to ensure they continue to receive funds. All pretty simple really

What return does NZ harness racing get from Betfair??? :mellow:

When you see markets at 140% + continuously and are trying to make a profit on your investment then wouldn't it be silly to not find the best odds possible? The NZ TAB has had ample opportunity to offer competitive markets / lower takeout rates and have failed to do so.

Also Portfolio- Withdrawing money is not difficult, straight back into your credit/debit card, it may take a few days but that's no biggie. Also if your mainly betting on NZ racing then you may struggle to get a decent bet on at certain odds as the liquidity on NZ racing is quite low. If your interested in betting on the gallops from Australia coming up then I recommend it. Have a look this Saturday and compare the NZ TAB fixed odds with what's offered on betfair. Normally get 20% better at least. ( Beware of the drifter's on betfair tho, their are some very smart punters betting on there and sometimes you see horses just blow like a gale in betting, they NORMALLY know something most don't and rarely win ).

i'll expand and deepen on your inuendo Turny...used like muggs for decades., gouged from with excessive takeout rates., they support the treason of frew-to-view becoming pay-to-view to a foreign corporate that Also gouges!, they jamn-in races from goodness knows where to produce a wall-to-wall gambling Hell..shoving us rudely and preclusively in that shedule, and it cuts out a sufficient lead-in time to our thoroughbreds that Need one., they make patronising stereotyping adverts depicting their clients as deadballs and idiots., and they Never take on well meaning suggestions.

..there's more but i've given them enough of my time already posting what i've at least needed to..oh and They'd tell you it's a global world now and so opening a foreign global world account..is ordinary citizanic behaviour.

Well put Hedley - the old saying .......  "you reap what you sow" ......... comes to mind here

I am sure the current Trackside debacle will have a very severe impact on the racing industry ...... would be a laugh if it wasn't so sad, and TOTALLY avoidable. Tragic.

How not to run a business

If they don't pay any commision to the clubs putting on the races, then Its no wonder they can pay better odds. I suggest that if you guys want to see the end of racing in New Zealand then you should all open Betfair accounts

..and that's how the globalist corporates Work! (ours heed That agenda..not a sovereign one)

they (our t.a.b. and other executives)..create a problem that they know we'll react in a certain predictable Way to, and then they achieve their desired outcome., to ceede sovereignty.

Hegelian synthesis it's called

When you see markets at 140% + continuously and are trying to make a profit on your investment then wouldn't it be silly to not find the best odds possible? The NZ TAB has had ample opportunity to offer competitive markets / lower takeout rates and have failed to do so.

Also Portfolio- Withdrawing money is not difficult, straight back into your credit/debit card, it may take a few days but that's no biggie. Also if your mainly betting on NZ racing then you may struggle to get a decent bet on at certain odds as the liquidity on NZ racing is quite low. If your interested in betting on the gallops from Australia coming up then I recommend it. Have a look this Saturday and compare the NZ TAB fixed odds with what's offered on betfair. Normally get 20% better at least. ( Beware of the drifter's on betfair tho, their are some very smart punters betting on there and sometimes you see horses just blow like a gale in betting, they NORMALLY know something most don't and rarely win ).

Thanks Reily. I have decided to bet more on Aussie races and sport, so Betfair looks like a good option for me. From what I have seen it seems like they look after the regular punter pretty well. I also like the lay option, had a brief look today, i will need some time to get my head around it. I see they also give you 2 tote options, any idea which is the best?

I know what others are saying regarding what does NZ racing get from Betfair, I know, nothing. But I have spent many years betting at the TAB, I am a regular punter, and I turnover approx $1000- $2000 most weeks. Maybe not a huge amount, but here in NZ i get the same deal as a punter spending $2 per week. Not good enough for me. Betfair seems the way to go, looks like they look after those that spend at different levels. Which is the way it should be. I work in sales, and my good big spending customers get a far better deal than my smaller customers, which is the way it should be, just that the TAB dont see it that way. Will still have my TAB account, but have given up punting during the week, so they  will only get the crumbs now on the weekend. Time to look after myself now, stuff the TAB.

If they don't pay any commision to the clubs putting on the races, then Its no wonder they can pay better odds. I suggest that if you guys want to see the end of racing in New Zealand then you should all open Betfair accounts

Stables, it was never about better odds for me a few weeks ago. But I have rung the TAB several times in the last few months regarding my account, and nobody has ever got back to me. I have a problem that I get the same deal as $1ew punters, and I am not prepared to do that anymore. Sorry , but I have paid heaps over the years in turnover at the TAB. If they couldnt bother with a reply for me, I will take the money elsewhere. I dont even feel guilty. Cheers.

Thanks Reily. I have decided to bet more on Aussie races and sport, so Betfair looks like a good option for me. From what I have seen it seems like they look after the regular punter pretty well. I also like the lay option, had a brief look today, i will need some time to get my head around it. I see they also give you 2 tote options, any idea which is the best?

I know what others are saying regarding what does NZ racing get from Betfair, I know, nothing. But I have spent many years betting at the TAB, I am a regular punter, and I turnover approx $1000- $2000 most weeks. Maybe not a huge amount, but here in NZ i get the same deal as a punter spending $2 per week. Not good enough for me. Betfair seems the way to go, looks like they look after those that spend at different levels. Which is the way it should be. I work in sales, and my good big spending customers get a far better deal than my smaller customers, which is the way it should be, just that the TAB dont see it that way. Will still have my TAB account, but have given up punting during the week, so they will only get the crumbs now on the weekend. Time to look after myself now, stuff the TAB.

Good on you- Certainly if your betting that amount each week then you will get a massive edge over regular NZ tab punters. Normally during the big races in spring / autumn betfair will offer best of 5 totes which is the best deal you will get. Think you get max of $1000 on best of 5 and the rest of whatever the balance is on best of 4 totes which will always be higher than the NZ tab. ( not as confusing as it sounds ). I still the NZ tab for betting on the greyhounds and taking any value in the fixed odds, along with the occasional mug multi!

Also if you do decide to join betfair make sure you follow them on twitter, they are always doing promo's for their clients and some of the promotions are superb. They are always running competitions on Australian sport where you can win money for free, or when the NRL starts they quite often have #powertothepunter where they offer 3 different 2 legged multi's for people to vote which one they put out to $5 ( normally from about $2.7-$3ish ).

That along with being able to lay off on big multi's make it a pretty irresistible option when you see the way the NZ TAB treats their punters. They show by the low % options they offer to punters on sport that they are more interested in the $5 first try scorer punter than the serious punter.

Thanks Reilly,

Just to ask a question of someone that uses Betfair, and to be honest, I will have to do some homework on the lay option, because I know nothing about it. But I was interested in having a punt on the NZ/ India first test. I see they have NZ at $4.10, India at $5 and the draw at $1.80. Now, if I use the back option, and say put $100 on both NZ and India to win, that is what I will recieve, those stated prices x $100? I know that there is a 6% or whatever deduction if the bet comes in.

But just say I want to lay NZ, It shows the lay price about the same as the back option. How do you work out what your return will be?  I know some will think this is a stupid question, but as I say, have never known anything about this type of bet. In fact , it seems rather odd picking a loser and getting paid for it!! Cheers.

Thanks for all your help, found Betfair site that explains lay bets etc. Will take a bit of getting up to speed , but looking forward to a bit of a challenge. Betfair account all up and running, just have to figure out my first $200 bet, and this time if it craps out I will get it back. Not like the bets at the TAB.

Cheers

Betfair users unhappy as problems continue

By Racing Post staff 11:34AM 25 MAR 2014

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/betfair-users-unhappy-as-problems-continue/1626639/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

CLAIMS from Betfair that they have resolved the issues which prevented customers withdrawing funds from their account have been refuted by a number of the betting exchange's users.

The Racing Post has received numerous phone calls and emails from Betfair users unhappy about not being able to get access to their money.

After Betfair received emails and messages were posted on Twitter by customers complaining that they could not withdraw money from their accounts, a statement was issued to the Racing Post.

The statement read: "Following some temporary issues with our deposit function a small number of customers subsequently had their withdrawals affected for a brief period.

"This was resolved swiftly and we will be speaking to the affected customers individually."

Betfair were unavailable for further comment.

Comments
user-comment.60.0.png

having used betfair for over ten years intermittently they now

Tell me they need identification before i can withdraw my funds.I

will supply proof but intend to withdraw all funds and not return if eventually permitted.  

12:38pm - 25 Mar 14
septem, United Kingdom

IR on the purple has steadily picked up and they offer a nice bonus for new members....anyone still paying the premium charge is a fool for not switching. The tide has turned...  

12:34pm - 25 Mar 14
wallyszabo, Germany

IT ISN''T TRUE AT ALL..BETFAIR IS A CON COMPANY THAT HOLDS CUSTOMER?S FUNDS IN THEIR POCKET... MAYBE THEY FAIL OR GO INTO A LIQUIDATION .I''VE STILL 2.000,00 EUROS TO BE CREDITED FROM FIVE DAYS NOW...SIMPLY STATING HOW YOU JUDGE A COMPANY THAT:  

11:46am - 25 Mar 14
insegnai, Italy

Premium charge means if you win consistently on BF they will take up to 60% of your winnings off you and is legalised theft.  

11:39am - 25 Mar 14
sutcac, United Kingdom

what does premium charge mean  

11:14am - 25 Mar 14
grahamkahn, United Kingdom

Withdrawing your winnings !!!!!! Premium charge on its way.  

11:07am - 25 Mar 14
topdogdurban, United Kingdom

graham yorks

spoken to customer service 6 times at 9.00 they were unaware of statement given to Post,which they say is not true they now say hoping to fix by end of Tues have said same since friday friday withdrawal has now not been paid but returned back  

11:05am - 25 Mar 14
grahamkahn, United Kingdom

This shocking clause in the terms and conditions of trading of a Southern Ireland based company operating internet betting off shore to evade taxation is now the subject of investigation by a parliamentary committee in Dublin.  

10:58am - 25 Mar 14
ballinarid, Ireland

Users need to ensure that in the event of receivership their funds are protected. Recently it was discovered in Dublin that a major bookmakers had lurking in the small print a clause that stated in the event of receivership all funds would be lost.  

10:54am - 25 Mar 14
ballinarid, Ireland

Anyone else still having problems ?????

I must say their customer service leaves a lot to be desired !!!!  

10:16am - 25 Mar 14
macamiles, United Kingdom

Show all commen

I have never had a problem with them. Have withdrawn money several times, always been there in 2 to 3 days.

I had to send proof of ID to Betfair Australia. No big deal.

It was nearly 2 months ago Meomy.......They are still here!

Any other interesting posts?

Any outfit which offers betting on a favourite to lose is a recipe for corruption. You are all fools if you do not know this. It is and will remain a dodgy outfit.

Betting on any horse to win a race is betting on all the others in the race to lose.

If I looked at a seven horse field, thought "The favourite looks like it's paying unders" (or "I've paid the driver of the favourite to make sure it gets beaten") and then backed the other six runners to win, that'd be the same as backing the favourite to lose. I can back the other six to win with the TAB with no trouble at all. So the TAB is a recipe for corruption? We should close it and have horses race for ribbons instead of prizemoney?

The only difference is that the TAB takes 18% from every dollar of your turnover while Betfair take 2 - 6.5% of your profit from the race.

Betting on any horse to win a race is betting on all the others in the race to lose.

If I looked at a seven horse field, thought "The favourite looks like it's paying unders" (or "I've paid the driver of the favourite to make sure it gets beaten") and then backed the other six runners to win, that'd be the same as backing the favourite to lose. I can back the other six to win with the TAB with no trouble at all. So the TAB is a recipe for corruption? We should close it and have horses race for ribbons instead of prizemoney?

The only difference is that the TAB takes 18% from every dollar of your turnover while Betfair take 2 - 6.5% of your profit from the race.

Good post.....

Gambling is Gambling......Does not matter if you are at the TAB or Betfair...If there are those that want to win races by drugging...fixing etc...nothing you can do as a punter is there?