RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Turny

CW Johnson at his brilliant best today

oh you hurt so bad ...  

ever wondered why I ain't been carded ?  tiz the truth that's why

he is a multiple convicted drink driving hazard, and az I stated if hes dry, it will be great for everyone ...

and yes I have seen him pissed on a horse and falling off it too ... 

B)

you are  a poor pathetic assehole..CWJ does have several drink drive convictions but the last one was over 25 years ago

he went to jail twice..once to Addington prison and once to to Paparoa.

he was young and stupid.

smart ass when was his last conviction???

I do not believe you have ever seen him fall off a horse pissed so that makes you a liar

The last time he ever rode a horse affected by alcohol was at Ashburton September 2006

Did you ever see Matthew Enright ride???

Rambling Kid,

I think most on here know his background, so what, I am sure you have done a few things when you were younger that you wished never happened, I have done many.

So lets not be nasty, the guy is riding great, he deserves all his success.

His career looked all but over a few years back, so to get him back riding at the top level is a great effort.

So, come on, say something nice, or say nothing at all.

I think he fell off the other side of one when legged on at a coast meeting. Must've been 80's or earlier.

What are you on RK and what's your gripe with Chris? Have a look at the way he's riding. A very good SI trainer said to me tonight that he's not far below the very best he ever rode, and he had few equals then. I'd say now too. I don't suppose he outrode something you punted on Saturday, did he?

Agree with you Leggy

I go back to Sea Swift Auckland Cup and his Telegraph win on Peter Williams other horse, Loader, when Chris was in his absolute hay days -  They were amazing rides -  Chris has "bottled them" as he is riding brilliantly at the moment and over the last 2 years, particularly in the bigger races - hard not to enjoy his amazing skills - genius stuff for a guy his age

Oh I see - you lost money earlier in the day - well well, don't we all

Hardly warrants your ongoing crap

Close your book and move on - have another go next week - just stop your pathetic crap, you are coming across as a total loser

enjoy the talents on display and champion success, you may even enjoy your racing more

you all seem to be missing the point,

glorification when he rides a winner, but tough sh#t if you backed him earlier in the day.

And az stated twice before, if he is dry, then well and good for everyone .

Your point is you lost......... ,probably in race 1..the horse had a bad draw  not a great ride but not a great horse

would never have beaten the Tinsley horse and dont forget the bad draw

but why bring up old shit and go on about his past  yu are a low low life

Wow, sorry boys, after reading all this about the bloke, I didn't know his history. I know David Reed was ostracised for his misdemeanours and John Dowling, I think John did time also, all were great riders then, so hats off to CJ for overcoming the demon drink. Only one life, as it's not the curtain raiser but the main game…best get on with it. I'll watch with interest now Rumpers.

Your point is you lost......... ,probably in race 1..the horse had a bad draw  not a great ride but not a great horse

would never have beaten the Tinsley horse and dont forget the bad draw

but why bring up old shit and go on about his past  yu are a low low life

It was a poor ride, and there shouldn't be any problem acknowledging that for all his genius he does often ride them quietly or for luck, and consequently is running home when it's all over.

Tough game and all that, and they all do it from time to time. Just makes me laugh when they get such OTT praise when they get it right.

I'll stand back now while the fan club unleash :)

It was a poor ride, and there shouldn't be any problem acknowledging that for all his genius he does often ride them quietly or for luck, and consequently is running home when it's all over.

Tough game and all that, and they all do it from time to time. Just makes me laugh when they get such OTT praise when they get it right.

I'll stand back now while the fan club unleash :)

No jockey gets it right all of the time, pick any jockey out on a Sat anywhere, most will have at least one shocker.

I am not a real big magic man fan, compared to many on here, but I think RK is out of line on this one.

I suppose you put Noel harris in the same pot as CWJ? Fair enough, I like nothing better than a horse flying home late, even if sometimes it is a little late, you know what that jockey will ride like. Would rather that than 3 wide on pace, gasping turning for home.

Everyone to their own.

No jockey gets it right all of the time, pick any jockey out on a Sat anywhere, most will have at least one shocker.

I am not a real big magic man fan, compared to many on here, but I think RK is out of line on this one.

I suppose you put Noel harris in the same pot as CWJ? Fair enough, I like nothing better than a horse flying home late, even if sometimes it is a little late, you know what that jockey will ride like. Would rather that than 3 wide on pace, gasping turning for home.

Everyone to their own.

Interesting you mention NH - yeah in a way I do put him in the same pot.

Both great talents, longetivity, etc etc and both can ride too cute sometimes. And both get praised each time they win as if they had performed a miracle B)

I don't expect them to get it right every ride - I get how hard it is making split second decisions.

Interesting you mention NH - yeah in a way I do put him in the same pot.

Both great talents, longetivity, etc etc and both can ride too cute sometimes. And both get praised each time they win as if they had performed a miracle B)

I don't expect them to get it right every ride - I get how hard it is making split second decisions.

I suppose why NH and CWJ get the praise is the way both do time their runs. Everyone remembers the huge, weaving finish to get up close to the line. Not the same if they have the perfect run, and just battle to win.

But lets face it, these type of guys are a must for the racing game, and to see them still going at the top level at their age is quite remarkable. Only have to see the following they have on this site to realise just what they mean to the punters. Good stuff, keep those horses flashing home, I love it.  And if you miss by a nose, who cares, how many times have they got up to win by a nose, when really they no chance of winning.

This is how you get people hooked on this game...The people and the horses..Not the TT. Sorry , couldnt resist!

Have a good day all! :lol:

i looked for a couple of hours on Youtube, trying to find LOADER's 1996 Railway win., gee That was a beauty from horse And rider :)

can yu put up the link for Loader   Railway andTelegraph  ?????????

can yu put up the link for Loader   Railway andTelegraph  ?????????

sorry John., i was a bit unclear i guess, but my search was fruitless :(

..all mightn't be lost though..as BAZ comes on every now and then, and if a video exists..then BAZ'll be the man for the job Eigh :)

Is CWJ as good as MRC, or JWW? or for that matter J Harris and RBM?…….I'm just wondering how you 'older' guys rank him as I've never seen him ride and thats a fact…….bit hard from over here, so just started to take notice and he appears to 'sit on' better than most!

R B Marsh was the best of them. A huge talent as a rider but career cut short by weight. As for JWW, his brother-in-law, GAP was better.