RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

Some light reading

The absolute last thing the Racing "industry" needs is the fallout from this issue when it hits the Press.

At a time when we struggle to get "new blood into the industry" the fallout from here will just cement the dodgy/dishonest perceived perception that is held.

Tragic as it is likely to be, it has to unfold

I saw an internal memo from Monique Cairns pertaining to one of these transactions involved in this inquiry where she described it as 'just bad reporting' or words to that effect....nothing like being up the river in Egypt!!!

What does she do exactly ? Has anyone seen any improvement in Marketing or Communications ??

Another clueless, albeit highly paid paper shuffler in truth....

Idolmite, jail is only for the convicted. However, one has to ask, "Where is the Govt and/or the Integrity boys on this information?". If The Racing Minister goes to sleep on this, and the dormant Press go into their usual "don't want to rock the boat or lose my job" mode, then one can't have much faith in NZRB lancing this boil. I cannot understand why a really elderly experienced journalist doesn't grab this by the gonads and run the arse off it. There may be a logie or oscar or whatever the NZ equivalent is in this story. All it needs is one brave, forthright professional to run with it. Where are you? Maybe a journo that has never been or is a racing journo? Maybe it's a chance for a Mike Dillon to finally become a legend? A groundbreaker? Common Mike, you have nothing to lose and nothing to fear. You may even be awarded a gong for "Services to the Racing Industry". Common Mike, do it. Don't just be regarded as a former "Herald Racing Writer", stand up an be counted.

Just read the second story dunno where the 'Award Winning ' scandal is....certainly no fast cars , wild women or guns and missing bodies.

In fact the chronology...forget the spelling.....is all over the place and where does the money go ??

It seems the money all goes into helping small South Island racing clubs survive .

Small 'amateur run clubs ' put relatively small amounts of money into a 'lawyers' trust account to earn decent interest rates ,knowing 'unofficially' that it would result in decent grants from the pokies.

But there would be little in the way of a 'paper' trail , and the whereabouts of the original money would be somewhat fuzzy ,Club Presidents were hazy on what Gallop South was up to.

Cos the NZCT sites weren't performing too well , the TTTF trust would get involved with the Actual pokies sites , to gain control of the sites to ensure the grants would continue .....the individual clubs would only be concerned with putting in a bit of money ,and applying for and getting grants far in excess of their investment !!!

The accountants would bury the investment in the books and amortise it over a few years while the lawyer would maintain a shady trust account.

A Mr Lu would try and get control of the pokies , make phone calls as if he was the cleaner and generally run foul of the Pokies authorities.

A web of deceit but hardly an "Oscar" winning drama.

I see the fines are up to a maximum of $10k , little wonder lawyers and accountants are willing to flaunt with the rules.

Especially as 'pokies ' grants have been very loosely controlled for years and only recently has legislation been tightened.

Bluegrass ,which barely gets a mention in the second story was set up to mainly assist  horse racing !!!!

No guts - no glory. All the great company performers/reformers take the hard unpopular decisions in order to bring future prosperity to shareholders and staff. All that seems to be happening in NZ is shuffling around what is already in place. Fiddling around the edges with no real reforms or ground breaking reconstructive surgery. Then there's the integrity issue and where is the leadership there?

Then there's the integrity issue and where is the leadership there?

Unfortunately Trump, they are AWOL on this. The word 'integrity' is not mentioned in either the current NZTR strategic plan or their current business plan, except where it reflects payment amounts to the RIU. I wonder why when it is such a critical element in growing the TR business. Perhaps it's because too many have got their hands dirty pursuing pokie grants. Who knows?

To be fair Sheriff, when I raised that issue a couple of years or so back and suggested the SFO should take a look, you called me an obsessive trainspotter or something similar :)

http://www.racecafe.co.nz/forums/index.php?/topic/9128-email-incoming-re-pokies-what-should-i-do-with-it/

Leggy, to be fair, you do what it takes to get things done. Some take offence, some let it slide.

Who cares as long as it works..

Leggy, to be fair, you do what it takes to get things done. Some take offence, some let it slide.

Who cares as long as it works..

Yep, it's taken a while, but it's getting done, as Sheriff has signalled.

Clearly Bill Colgan is not the only one who's been telling porkies, although recent reports suggest that some have had a sudden onset of dementia as well.

I'm unlikely to receive New Year's honours for anything else, so I guess choo choo spotter will have to do.

Google the name Monique Cairns & you may just find out.

You may also like to Google her name & click on " images" to see just where she has been & who she hangs out with at our expense.

What does she do exactly ? Has anyone seen any improvement in Marketing or Communications ??
Another clueless, albeit highly paid paper shuffler in truth....