RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Your Earlybird Melbourne Cup pick/s

Whats your fancy for the Melbourne Cup ?

After today's Cox Plate, I would have to stick with "Zipping" as he fought back to take 3rd after looking a beaten horse on the home bend and carried 59kg (giving away 8kg to the winner).

Also I noted "El Segundo"'s run was very good in todays event.

Viewed, had a very easy Caulfield Cup Win that would have tidied him up nicely for 2 miles next week.

I dont think there is a better chance among the Australasian runners anyway.

Barts got his Mojo working.:D

I'm actually thinking Bart is in line for an amazing 6th quinella in the big one. Viewed and Roman Emperor. Has the same quinella ever won both Caulfield and Melbourne Cups? Statistically it's almost impossible I guess - but if anybody could do it, it would be Bart.

Does Alcopop still get in with 50kg after smashing them in the Herbert Power, or did he get a penalty? He's my tip, mainly because he looks like he will run 2 mile on his ear. Class is still in question, but with Viewed and Efficient having 58, it might stop them catching Alcopop, who should be well ahead of them when they straighten for home.... Cup looks light on real chances, but so did the Cox Plate, and the 3 favorites, throughout the week in all betting markets, could not crack a top 5 finish.

I'm actually thinking Bart is in line for an amazing 6th quinella in the big one. Viewed and Roman Emperor. Has the same quinella ever won both Caulfield and Melbourne Cups? Statistically it's almost impossible I guess - but if anybody could do it, it would be Bart.

I think Might & Power and Doriemus ran the quinella (and the forecast) in both Cups in 1997. Different trainers, but same quinella.

Master O'Reilly for mine. 3 solid runs this time in. Needs a good draw for a change and race handier (like last year would be ideal) Past winners Efficient and Viewed will obviously be in the mix. Just be interested to see what Viewed can do if he has to work a bit during the running or come around them. From memory he had a nice sit in last years cup (3-4 back on the outer)....and we all know the run in the Caulfield this year....but you can't rely on those inside runs all the time.Didn't work in the 2008 Caulfield when he run into a brick wall while full of running.

I read somewhere so dont take it as gospel, but bart hasnt wont all three in the same year, I think only Lee Freeman has. But i could be confused as i was only glancing at the time.

I like two in the race, Roman Maguire and Fuicani (something like that) it ran 5th in the CC just behind Daffodil.

After watching Racing Retro today (Monday) and listening to Andrew Bensley, it appears the Cup is falling away...

If Capecover runs in the M/C, I will back him for a place. He should be $5-$10.

I'll know more after he runs in the Bendigo Cup on Wednesday, but still think he has been badly ridden and Dummy and ARA wouldn't be going to Melbourne to enjoy a punt on the Yarra River!

We shouldn't underestimate these two, and I'm not.

Whether they have the right horse for the M/C remains to be seen...

As for the more recently tried horses, I like Barts horse to make a clean sweep for him in the feature Melbourne Races(Roman Emperor) he doesn't carry Dato Chin Nam's colours, but he is part owned by Mr Nam...

Has class, get's the distance and can reel off sprinter-like sectionals (at WFA, so weight won't stop him) and that's Efficient - just wins.

Viewed will be thereabouts, as will Daffodil, but my real roughie is Zavite - he did alot of early work in the Caulfield Cup and was still battling home solidly, an Adelaide Cup winner (on the pace), by Zabeel - you know there's always one in the mix!

Changingoftheguard. I will be at cup. Any one alse going over.

I know very little about this horse. Why does it give you confidence? I'm not partial to Northern Hemisphere horses without an Aussie run under their belt.

I agree with Nathan, I don't see how Efficient and Viewed will not run 1-2. It's really building as a race between the two and I can see Viewed sprinting away at about the 300 and Efficient mowing him down out wide. Not sure if he will catch him though, and something like Leica Ding with no weight running the race of their life for 3rd.

I read somewhere so dont take it as gospel, but bart hasnt wont all three in the same year, I think only Lee Freeman has. But i could be confused as i was only glancing at the time.

I like two in the race, Roman Maguire and Fuicani (something like that) it ran 5th in the CC just behind Daffodil.

Besides Freedman the only other trainer to have won the big 3 in the same year was Ivan Tucker with the mighty Rising Fast.

I agree with Nathan, I don't see how Efficient and Viewed will not run 1-2. It's really building as a race between the two and I can see Viewed sprinting away at about the 300 and Efficient mowing him down out wide. Not sure if he will catch him though, and something like Leica Ding with no weight running the race of their life for 3rd.

I remember thinking strongly of a similar situation in 2004 about Mak Diva and Vinnie Roe for the first 2 home.....but did I take those 2 for first and second and the field for 3rd in a Trifecta....Nah I picked 3 more and boxed the 5 up for roughly the same amount as the other Tri would have cost ...and then Zazzman gets 3rd behind the 2 good things and the Tri pays $2,500...sometimes you just have to get your foot and kick your own A$$ after such decisions haha