RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
hedley

Is Freeview Access..to Cease?

F#$k off the pay to veiw they may as well close down if that is the go dumb F#$kS what they should do is split the codes of horse racing on to two differnt channels and the grays go and the channel that is having a slow day and a racing news channel with the box seat etc on that channel as well

I'd be very surprised if free access is continued in the long term, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong...

Why? What % of NZ'ers have sky compared to freeview? I know a number of punters that only have freeview, and I wouldn't expect them to continue punting without being able to view what they are betting on. If free to air access is cut, that is the final nail in the coffin for NZ racing IMO. I'm fairly confident the turnover will support that view if it's implemented.

Why? What % of NZ'ers have sky compared to freeview? I know a number of punters that only have freeview, and I wouldn't expect them to continue punting without being able to view what they are betting on. If free to air access is cut, that is the final nail in the coffin for NZ racing IMO. I'm fairly confident the turnover will support that view if it's implemented.

Totally agree Reilly,

I know I like to chuck money into the a/c and either bet from home or go around to mates places for a couple on satdy arvo,s and watch

free-view trackside.

Used to have Sky and found it mostly American / English football shit...not my cup of tea...added to that the cook complaining about the

extra monthly bill.

Even though they may be going to have live computer racing shortly...Thousands of Pensioners live by freeview and their telephone A/c,s.

Totally agree Reilly,

I know I like to chuck money into the a/c and either bet from home or go around to mates places for a couple on satdy arvo,s and watch

free-view trackside.

Used to have Sky and found it mostly American / English football shit...not my cup of tea...added to that the cook complaining about the

extra monthly bill.

Even though they may be going to have live computer racing shortly...Thousands of Pensioners live by freeview and their telephone A/c,s.

I never said I thought it was a good idea, it's just what I think they will do based on reading between the lines of a few things I've heard Bayliss say.

I may be well off the mark, but I think they will get the new digital streaming service up and running - initially it will be free, but then it will either become subscription based or require that you've placed a bet on a race to view it.  Once we all "accept" that the next step will be to make the Trackside also pay-to-view....

i'm surprised that this thread hasn't had more objectors or objection..even 'outrage' being expressed from those who commonly object to any other matter that detracts or diminishes income for and to..the industry.

Don't sit'n'fart on the laurel..that because i'm a SKY subscriber, then i'll be alRight Jack..and therefore so will the industry!

This prospect of losing the totality of the industry's Free-to-air client base...will begin another 'run' of crucial players getting Out of the industry., i.e., less horses being bred, and more urgently, more Owners 'pulling the pin'.

They'll 'run'...because they won't want to hold financial liability, when the industry incomes start to plummet and implode.

..the fear and uncertainty, will produce a triggering effect..to and of the dread it's Self!..and hey presto, you have a vertigo occuring that starts the crashing-ball Rolling.

This is how the essence of the Wall St. crash happened., where a third of the banks 'closed their doors'..and the Other two thirds either followed or were 'forced'.

Get politically 'Angry' about this prospect., just for once, get entirely polarised around this treasonous poisonous stupidity...that's clearly got a globalist agenda behind it.

Your Globalist executives, are quite clearly planning on overseas punters buoying the industry..immediately at the expense of the National fabric and participants., they are willing to sacrifice the whole industry it seems, just so as to've delivered a microcosim boutique globally owned local / national industry..All on the backs of past and current generations of Owners, Breeders, Trainers, Riders and PUNTERS!

This initiative MUST be stopped URGENTLY . . .in it's foolish treacherous tracks.

Noonu., that's why i titled the threadposting the way i did.,

..to take away the mystery and get the facts.

Thanks SingaporeSling., the only alternative though, and not forgetting that to tie up one's screen with a live feed, simply cuts down each lead-in time even More...clicking and waiting to load and all the et ceteras., ..it is no substitue in a macro industry sense for the free standing television Free-to-Air service that's become the base of living culture. (behaviours)

I don't have Sky TV and have no intentions of getting it (my choice). My kids are usually on the computer so wouldn't be able to watch racing on that either. I simply won't bet as much if I can't watch the races.

Weird decision if they go ahead.

I did see on the TAB Web Site the other day, a new option appear for while (maybe they were testing), something along the lines of "Bet and Watch", which looked like a live feed via the net... maybe they will pitch that as one alternative...   

Theyve been testing for quite a while (few years??). Works great -  pretty handy when you are away from the tv, but won't replace the TV option for most.

" Chris is passionate about the ‘pub network’ and identifies that this is where TAB’s growth will come through sports and not through racing. Chris also recognises that the new breed of customers are more interested in what’s going on now, i.e. the America’s Cup. Therefore TAB is now looking at a broader entertainment offering and new products to attract today’s customers."

[bayliss says that the TAB's growth will come through sports and Not through Racing!]

["to attract ToDay's customers" ! . . . .what!, what about......]

" So what is TAB looking at?

Fix its broadcasting strategy – TAB currently offers two channels that duplicates the content. This is very confusing. Currently Trackside is on Freeview and TAB TV is on SKY paid per view channel (TAB TV is what you have in your venue). TAB is currently in discussion with SKY to fix this and will go to two channels on the SKY network that will provide separate content."

[unequivocally implies that Free-to-Air viewing on T.V. ceases..coupled with the Below statement]

" A second TV that will be brought and installed into an operator’s outlet – this will be funded by TAB and in addition they are in negotiations to remove additional costs to operators for the second decoder or screen for at least the first year.

The new broadcasting strategy will be two separate channels on two screens with different content, this will broadcast at least 8,000 more races that what is broadcast today."

[the last sentence pertains to 2 pay-to-view SKY channels..and the extra 8000 races will be a return to the wall-to-wall 'Gattle'..that's been instrumental in driving away the punters., that began our steep decline]

True Noonu :)

maybe it's 'craft'..where they can observe the 'firestorm', and if the gravity Of it..then decides them to incorporate it too., or 'leave it alone' i should say., afterAll it's only recently been comissioned amongst the digital national T.V. culture change that the whole nation's just undertaken.

This i would and could agree to.

IF..[and by corrie i hope they Have finally seen the light]..the two pay-to-view SKY channels, finds one of them soley for Thoroughbreds, then i'd find the money to subscribe so as to follow my N.Z.Gallops, and back a few Aussie races Too.

I only have freeview at home and i certainly would get the pay option if it did come to that, however i know it would cut my betting down as i often will have a bet at the cricket clubrooms or around at a mates place who doesn't have sky and not likely to get it just for racing as they will only watch it/bet if i'm around there house.

Also would be crazy to do it while we are at a time where are needing to attract new punters, especially now with Triple Trio going to happen,  many people will lose interest quick if they can't watch there hope of a big collect.

I have 2 sky decoders in house, if they cost a few dollars more each month...So be it.

I watch quite a few hours of it each week, not just races, but horse programmes etc.

If they look at their 80/20 betting model, I would say that the 20% of small punters, will be the ones without sky, ring up to place bets, moan all the time. So they should pay, tally up how many hours you watch each week, then make up ya mind if it is worth it?

..if you drop the turnovers by 20%..the industry implodes, simple as that.

Pokies are the only thing preventing that Now!

can someone tell me what the 'upfront' costs of SKY are..and the monthly subscription thereafter please.

signed, a 'moaner'. [i moan on the non moaners behalf..seeking rectification of a piss poorly run industry, whom receive all the benefits you're too furtive and meek to 'Moan' for ;) ]

by~Jesus..that's offensive!post-620-0-68005300-1387254891.gif

a Moaner Eigh!

Traditionally around here, if I don't say anything..then so much goes Straight under the radar, or over the top of heads.,

..very few have the guts or nous to 'rock the boat'..for the Greater fear of sanction, bias or blacklisting in this interelated incestual industry..in a small country Too.

'Everything'..or damned near everything i've ever warned of..comes to pass., and there are those of you with the barefaced Cheek to call me a ph#*+%*n moaner . .and a week out from Christmas TOO

can't Wait for all the merry~Christmas wishes..empty platitudinal bullshit

All i ever Do is to foster kindly communion around here and in the "MainSt.,Cafe"..and it's just taken for granted like a piece of toilet paper., you just wipe your privileged ar$e with me.

i conduct myself exactly as i do in the community or among any company or grouping..or my neighbours and all i get is typical Kiwi usary. [although my neighbours, friends and family Never do]