RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
thephantom

Shezhardtocatch - Railway??

After last years debacle regrading Mosse, has it backfired on the ARC by allowing the Concord winner automatic entry??

The winner Shezhardtocatch, with a rating now of 86 (up 22 points). 

Does anyone think it deserves to be in the race?

Mosse was rated 91 after its Concord win, and didnt get in the Railway field and its next start was beaten by a horse that hadn't won in 2 years, and now still trying to win another.

Footnote: Leggy :The first 3 in the Concord were fillies/mares!!

I don't think the Concorde is a good guide to what is a genuine champion sprinter.  Nor the Railway.  However, The Telegraph is a different story and if Shezhardtocatch can win that then I will say she definitely deserved a place in the Railway ;)

When It was run at Avondale it was a very good race for many years. Seems to have fallen away a bit in recent years and She'shardtocatch won well at the weights. It's got the job in front of it now to prove how good it is when closer to the good ones in the weights. A very judicious entry for the Concorde though, one must agree! It's always hard to compare the form from the Railway and the Telegraph because the courses are so different, not least being right and left-handed.

Hi Lloyd.  Look back at the statistics for the Telegraph, the quality of the vast majority of winners.  Very few pretenders win that race.   The same cannot be said for the Concorde or the Railway irrespective of the courses.  I think.   I did get your point though. :)