RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lloyd Vivian

Rough Odds

I haven't heard what actually happened to this horse at Ellerslie today.  Appeared to jump without Alysha Collet on board, but the reins were dangling round the front of it all the way, which suggests to me that she went over its head at some point. Did anybody hear what actually happened????

As the gates open you can see Alysha rock forward as if she is about to go over Rough Odds' head, yet moments later she is standing upright with her hands on her head, so it seems as if the head movement caused her to slip off sideways and land on her feet.

ROUGH ODDS forced its head down as the start was being affected dislodging Rider A Collett. A Collett was uninjured in this incident

Stewards report doesn't make any sense

[effected not affected]

this very short descript..reveals an ineptitude for conveying equine outcomes or occurences.

That is a concern, for it reveals that quantifying Properly or Actually..what occurs on the racing tracts, will often have a quotient of ignorance coupled with supposition to it., not especially congruent with what's actually occured..or happening, when an inquiry's analysis is underway 'in session' .

..and that however is 'old hat' when we consider some of the statements made During inquiries..that we've witnessed., And or the final determinations made in them.

TB - the reins appeared to be still joined together so not a possibility, in my opinion. Rough Odds also [ finally] put his foot through them nearing the turn from memory and gave himself a nasty check; I was sort of waiting for it to happen all the way around..

I would have loved to see the head on as they left the gates [ as would have a thousand other viewers I imagine ] but as Hedley so perfectly put it...naaahp!