RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Spion Rose / Dash4Cash

Thought these race's deserves there own thread. Stunning night of racing last night at Wanganui, with some massive performances by high class dogs.

Was highly taken with the speed Need To Chill showed to rail underneath Allegro Star who is a very strong 300m dog herself.

I only just noticed this morning looking at the results that Boss Lady Sloy ran 17.17???!!! WOW. Fastest sprint time recorded at Wanganui for a long long time, I do find it pretty hard to believe but will try get an official time during the week.

Piggy Back showed great speed ( and a bit of luck ) to recover from his tardy start and rail underneath them to hold off an unlucky Brighton Bullet who will be a force in this series if he draws out wide.

Performance of the night was Rigs IMO. He copped a couple of massive bumps and picked himself up for a super win, seems to be improving all the time and is definitely in my top 3 picks to win it.

Thought Speed Legend had every chance last night, obviously improvement left in many of these dogs with the top 6 going thru, unless he draws inside in the semis / heats I think he looks vulnerable.

Looking forward to next Fridays semi's already, and will hopefully be able to get on course for the final which will be great.

Thought these race's deserves there own thread. Stunning night of racing last night at Wanganui, with some massive performances by high class dogs.

Was highly taken with the speed Need To Chill showed to rail underneath Allegro Star who is a very strong 300m dog herself.

I only just noticed this morning looking at the results that Boss Lady Sloy ran 17.17???!!! WOW. Fastest sprint time recorded at Wanganui for a long long time, I do find it pretty hard to believe but will try get an official time during the week.

Piggy Back showed great speed ( and a bit of luck ) to recover from his tardy start and rail underneath them to hold off an unlucky Brighton Bullet who will be a force in this series if he draws out wide.

Performance of the night was Rigs IMO. He copped a couple of massive bumps and picked himself up for a super win, seems to be improving all the time and is definitely in my top 3 picks to win it.

Thought Speed Legend had every chance last night, obviously improvement left in many of these dogs with the top 6 going thru, unless he draws inside in the semis / heats I think he looks vulnerable.

Looking forward to next Fridays semi's already, and will hopefully be able to get on course for the final which will be great.

Boss Lady Sloy paid a great price, has been flying the traps.  Thought Wanganui would suit.  

Rigs was a huge run, a pity for Dusty as he thought he was home with Just Jordana paying $14ff!

Speed Legend not going as well as he can, might need a spell.  Thought it might just have been the trip to Chch but even though he copped a few bumps last night I still expected him to not only win but win easily.  Homebush Chopper is not strong and he caught him up easily but couldn't go past.  

"The winner JANNIK was sent for a swab but released without a sample being collected due to a possible security breach at the kennels following the race"

Can anyone enlighten me more? C'mon Wanganui this is a $37000 G1 race next week, punters deserve some integrity, especially with the trainers A class history ( fact! ). I hope the 'breach' was dealt with accordingly and protocols are changed so this CANT happen again. What a joke

The dash for cash is shaping up to be a cracking race this year. Thought need to chill was unlucky last night and if he draw's the inside he will definitely be my top pick.

Osti's pursuit was awfully unlucky last night, should definitely have qualified with any luck! Boy he can rattle off a closing sectional! The box draws are going to be crucial for the Spion rose, I wish they drew the fields on the same nights as the semis like they do in Australia. Jannik was impressive last night, if he draws near the inside he will go close to starting fav. Rigs looked a bit unlucky last night but I will need to see the replay a few more times as I see he didn't feature in the stipes report at all, he looked a tad stiff to my eye.

Good luck to everyone lucky enough to have a runner involved! Should be a great night next Friday!

Edit: Reliably informed the box draws were done last night and flashed up on trackside for a second, let's see how long it take NZGRA to put them up!

Swab official misheard stipe over rt and wasn't with dog after race

Was allowed to be hosed down with other dogs

Not until after dog had been hosed some one realized.

Cheers mmmyb... Great time to mishear the stipe!

So well over 48 hours since the semi's and still not fields on the Internet for the big races, no twitter page or ANYTHING 'promoting' the field. If I had a dog running I would well and truly be hanging out by now to see where my dog drew. How hard is it for the association to have a twitter page promoting the industry and show feature article's / box draws to a lot wider audience than solely thedogs website. Like I've said before, they are at least 5 years behind the times, and no one seems to give a crap. Small problem I know, but it's a group 1 race, it deserves a bit more coverage than your regular meeting.

A live box draw took place as far as I know for the Spion Rose, but unfortunately no one posted.

Fields are on Website

Dash For Cash - $13000 305m

1 - Fiery Dancer - L Ahern

2 - Allegro Star - L Ahern

3 - Leadfoot Lenny - L Udy

4 - Need To Chill - Freeman/Turnwald

5 - Ate Power - T Agent

6 - Wild Punting - Freeman/Turnwald

7 - Guru Goose - Freeman/Turnwald

8 - Run Lacey Run - Freeman/Turnwald

9 - Austin Wana - J McInerney - (Stand Down imposed at Palmy today so wont be eligible)

10 - Just A Boy - Kettlewell/Phillips

Spion Rose - $37000 520m

1 - Indi Rhode - W & T Steele

2 - Laugh Like Santa - L Ahern

3 - Just Jordana - B Craik

4 - Brighton Bullet - J & D Fahey

5 - Ate To Much - Freeman/Turnwald

6 - Rigs - Freeman/Turnwald

7 - Code Nine - B Craik

8 - Jannik - D Schofield

9 - Ostis Experience - C Hore

10 - Opawa Swede - J & D Fahey

Good luck to all contenders.Will be a hard contest, all with a chance and earning a cheque.

NB: Upon writing this I noticed Ate To Much has some grammar issues and should be Ate TOO Much. :)

NB: Upon writing this I noticed Ate To Much has some grammar issues and should be Ate TOO Much. :)

Yeah that has bugged me for awhile ... but only a little. I've moved on from not backing it out of principle lol

Yeah that has bugged me for awhile ... but only a little. I've moved on from not backing it out of principle lol

There are heaps of spelling errors in dogs' names around the country and in Australia.  You wonder how many are wrong because they can't spell or if it's a misunderstanding.  Eg. I heard the owners of Wodston Bobo wanted to call him Woolston Bobo, maybe they were from Woolston?  Anyway, he went through at GRNZ as Wodston Bobo because the 2nd o and the l looked like a d, must have been close together.   

Whos everyone picking for the finals?

Dash for Cash - Would love to see the little trainers win this - Trent Agent and Lana Udy.

Im picking Need to Chill over Allegro Star over Leadfoot Lenny,

Spion Rose - I think the upset comes from Just Jordana. Early pace, and has speed 2nd section. 2nd - Ate To Much and lastly 3rd - Brighton Bullet.

This race is very open with start of series Piggy Back out of it. Has to be field in this leg of the quaddie.

Dash4Cash- Great field. Easily one of the best sprint fields I've seen at Wanganui for a long time. Looks like it will be a brilliant betting race. Need To Chill / Allegro Star / Wild Punting

Spion rose- I'm willing to risk the inside 3 dogs here, obviously Just Jordana leads but I personally don't think she's strong enough unless there's trouble in behind. You can make a strong case for any of the outside 5 dogs and the jump looks crucial. Jannik was super in his semi, seemed to hold his line a lot better than the heat where he cut hard left, if he ping out and gets outside Just Jordana he will be tough to run down. You could say the same for any of the outside 5 tho, all possess a bit of strength and speed. My top 3- Rigs/Jannik dead heat with the bullet storming into 3rd.

I'm a bit disappointed there's no distance race on, not enough nominations?

Can't wait to get on course! Good luck to all involved.

I see the bookies have the fixed odds open, for the first 2 dogs in each race!! Geez $3.50 and $5.50 isn't bad value in a 2 dog race!

On a side note- I strongly believe all C4/C5 races should have fixed odds open the day before the race. It's all 'exposed form' and can only promote turnover.

What are those dogs Reilly

Don't know if it's just me but on the TAB website they only have box's 1,2 shown in each race

Fiery Dancer $5.50 and Allegro Star $3.50, while Indi Rhode is showing $16 and L.L.Santa $21.. Think the bookie must have has an early one!

I just backed Allergro star At $3.50 in the 2 dog race as all the others were scratched/Suspended.

If Allegro Star beats Fiery Dancer you should get paid out regardless of where they place. Bet you don't though. Hope you took a screen shot of the option

Well done to the TAB. 5k bonus first 4 on both finals for Friday. Absolutely cracking betting race's. Bound to pay decent regardless of who comes in, I'll definitely be having a crack!

What's everyone's best bet for Friday night? Boston Chanel / Armed Force's for me at this early stage, with a big watch on English Honey in the 6th.