RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
whataguy

Dog I Like !!

I don't know even know why i'm starting this topic but the forum is pretty dead, so why not?

I really liked the run of Ohoka Faith today!!! first start and is still learning.. watch out for it in the future! (and no i'm not its trainer/owner).

What are everyone's favourite dogs? Just curious..

My apologies for not posting much lately, haven't been very well.  Good thread-my fave at the moment would be Leadfoot Lenny or Just Jordana.  My favourite dogs of all time would be Flash Shooter-trained by Ian Hastie he was from a great litter(Just the Best x Pure Mistress) and always used to go beaut races at huge money.  Blue Chip Virus-was my top pick in a race one day at Palmy.  Before the race I looked up at Teletext(I was on course with a few mates) and he was paying $29.  I had a pretty sizeable bet and he flew to the lead to win comfortably.  We were screaming so loudly Brian Martin said on Trackside, 'Who is that screamer?'.  Good times.    

I don't know even know why i'm starting this topic but the forum is pretty dead, so why not?

I really liked the run of Ohoka Faith today!!! first start and is still learning.. watch out for it in the future! (and no i'm not its trainer/owner).

What are everyone's favourite dogs? Just curious..

Jinja Jam! Thanks again for selling her to me mate, was a pleasure dealing with you. I hope you have won a few dollars off her!

My favourite to watch race was 'Little Mother' - just an iron lady of racing - turned up every week and performed (except on Futurity night at Hatrick when she got clobbered at the winning post and the boys had $7k on her @ $1.40 to get some drinking money lol - go Corby !!!)

The best young pup we have coming through the ranks that should be followed is 'Blitzing Mayhem' - still learning about being a race dog but has great box speed and will only improve with age

The best up and coming stayers we have in the kennel are 'Rushin Doll' closely followed by 'Minnie For Mum' - both will go over more ground next year so keep an eye out when the distances get longer

Leadfoot Lenny

He's improved so much this dog.  Was battling around in the mid grades for quite a while, now he performs week in week out in c5.  One of the best sprinters in the CD and a litter brother to the great Bright Star.  

Little Mother was probably my fave too but I thought everyone would go for her or Swift Fantasy.  

Jinja Jam! Thanks again for selling her to me mate, was a pleasure dealing with you. I hope you have won a few dollars off her!

Yes i'm sure Stevie Whall would of had a few $$ on her!! I hope shes been and will keep being a good wee bitch for you!

Tonight at Addington - Races 8, 9 & 11 were smoking times !! Dixie Lee went a personal best of 16.91!!, Raw Energy went a personal best as well(I think) of 29.89!! and In race 11 Sozin's Comet went - you guessed it a personal 'best' of - 16.94 which is just a bit slower than Dixie. 

Also there were some roughies* winning as well, Memphis Hotcakes $40, Opawa Style $33 And Not A Know $25. 

Overall i think it was a good nights racing, i was there and the crowd was enormous!! especially just for a greyhound meeting :)

and its always good to see that people still turned up even tough they might of heard the negativity on TV3 towards the sport. 

Tonight at Addington - Races 8, 9 & 11 were smoking times !! Dixie Lee went a personal best of 16.91!!, Raw Energy went a personal best as well(I think) of 29.89!! and In race 11 Sozin's Comet went - you guessed it a personal 'best' of - 16.94 which is just a bit slower than Dixie. 

Also there were some roughies* winning as well, Memphis Hotcakes $40, Opawa Style $33 And Not A Know $25. 

Overall i think it was a good nights racing, i was there and the crowd was enormous!! especially just for a greyhound meeting :)

and its always good to see that people still turned up even tough they might of heard the negativity on TV3 towards the sport. 

Not a Know is one of my fave South Island dogs, always over the odds and you gotta love the name.  

post-620-0-32422700-1386468279.gif...Stevie~DAVIS, during the replay of AUK.R3's finishpost-620-0-82255400-1386468386.gif

..he superimposed himself as the voice of #6 Mic Player..objecting to the centrifuge of #7 Where's The Cat challenging upon his girths for the Winning of the race . . .ya had to witness it..but it was a hilarious mimic of a hound from a Hanna Barberra cartoon character or similar., Geeeze it was funny.,

..he's the hosting star of Slackside that's for sure...and so Passionate about his Greyhounds TOO :)

attachicon.gifHisterical.gif...Stevie~DAVIS, during the replay of AUK.R3's finishattachicon.gifbiggrin.gif

..he superimposed himself as the voice of #6 Mic Player..objecting to the centrifuge of #7 Where's The Cat challenging upon his girths for the Winning of the race . . .ya had to witness it..but it was a hilarious mimic of a hound from a Hanna Barberra cartoon character or similar., Geeeze it was funny.,

..he's the hosting star of Slackside that's for sure...and so Passionate about his Greyhounds TOO :)

Yep Steve is entertaining.  I breathe a sigh of relief when it's not Russ Jackson or Mark Cookson...who are not.  

Cawbourne War today at Addington Race 6 was the most impressive run I've seen in awhile!! I've backed it every time apart from when it won and payed $13 :( I am predicted a high future, will definitely make it to C5 and NZ Cup Finalist!

Cawbourne War today at Addington Race 6 was the most impressive run I've seen in awhile!! I've backed it every time apart from when it won and payed $13 :( I am predicted a high future, will definitely make it to C5 and NZ Cup Finalist!

I agree mate, was a huge run.  Future star if he stays sound.  I remember Awesome Bender's first run in NZ, it was at Chch over 520m.  I backed against it.  Anyway he was very slow away got a few major checks and must have been spotting the leader 15 lengths going down the back.  I said to a mate, 'that can't win'.  I was thinking he probably couldn't run a place.  

He grew wings(not quite literally) and not only won but bolted in.  I have never lived it down as my Bill Collins moment.  

i said piggy back couldn't win last week the position he was in. threw tickets in bin. got a fair bit of luck but also showed tremendous track sense and field awareness to find the rail and win. a super run

From a punter's perspectice, i like winners. Anchors for trifectas, quaddies and the like. So of late i'm a big fan of Bright Conquest, Call me Ralph, Botany Downs etc. Winners!!

In the past it's been Hifi Allegro, Little Mother, Sergio, Winsome Opawa and prior to that it was Rummo (wow!), Mega Legend, Cecila Bale, Just a Dreamer, Inaha Sid.

But from a racing purist perspective I'm a huge fan of distance races. And also winners (cos at the end of the day I'm a punter). So loved Aqua Floss, Shorty Bijou, Swift Fantasy

Then the hurdlers who i just loved to watch: Mephistoples, Methuselah and later Mr Bombastic and Sabre Sound 

Also love the ones which tear off the boxes and give you a shot at the $ (and are have the same name as your cat so you just have to back them everytime) Homebush Chopper :wub: 

But my alltime favourite dog ever was the one who got me into it. The mighty Shining Kev. Underrated? You bet!!

i said piggy back couldn't win last week the position he was in. threw tickets in bin. got a fair bit of luck but also showed tremendous track sense and field awareness to find the rail and win. a super run

Mmm, seems a much happier dog away from Christchurch.  They say Waikato is his favourite track but he seems to go just as well at Auckland and Wanganui.  He probably begins better at Waikato.  

From a punter's perspectice, i like winners. Anchors for trifectas, quaddies and the like. So of late i'm a big fan of Bright Conquest, Call me Ralph, Botany Downs etc. Winners!!

In the past it's been Hifi Allegro, Little Mother, Sergio, Winsome Opawa and prior to that it was Rummo (wow!), Mega Legend, Cecila Bale, Just a Dreamer, Inaha Sid.

But from a racing purist perspective I'm a huge fan of distance races. And also winners (cos at the end of the day I'm a punter). So loved Aqua Floss, Shorty Bijou, Swift Fantasy

Then the hurdlers who i just loved to watch: Mephistoples, Methuselah and later Mr Bombastic and Sabre Sound 

Also love the ones which tear off the boxes and give you a shot at the $ (and are have the same name as your cat so you just have to back them everytime) Homebush Chopper :wub: 

But my alltime favourite dog ever was the one who got me into it. The mighty Shining Kev. Underrated? You bet!!

Shining Kev was one of the first decent kiwi sires too, was used a lot.  Bright Conquest was one of the great iron dogs, he won a c4 race at almost 6 years old!  Surely that is close to a record.  Other iron dogs I can think of are Tails Off, Crystal Sal, Another Pride, Our Patch, What a Mate and Thrilling Cairo, Chelsea's Beauty who are still going well.  

It would be interesting to get a list of these...

Mmm, seems a much happier dog away from Christchurch.  They say Waikato is his favourite track but he seems to go just as well at Auckland and Wanganui.  He probably begins better at Waikato.  

Porky trialled really good at ChCh but the travelling (maybe) took its toll 

Waikato is his best track as he rarely misses the start there which has been his 'achilles heel' through his career - he does like Hatrick so would never count him out there in any race - his win last Friday was one of his best after copping a check straight from the boxes and still running 29.84sec 

Get his chance to qualify for his 5th Group final this season from box 2 on Friday